Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: 700X refreshed my memory the other day

Boolit Master

700X refreshed my memory the other day

My first experiences with 700X came back in the early to mid 1970s, I think it was a new powder then. I was using it in 12ga target loads for practice in hope to get more than a few tail feathers on ruffed grouse. I started my use of it in the early Fall down in the Smokey Mountains, it was cool. A year or so later I was back here in WV and the practice time was quite a bit warmer and that 700X put some nice bruises on my shoulder for sure. Very heat sensitive in shotgun. I strayed away from 700X.

Well, in this drought of powder you get what you can get when you can get it and I got 2# of 700X for use in 45ACP with 200g 68 clone wad cutters. Working up the load had me settled on 5g last Spring. Shoots exceptionally clean and consistent until the other day. It was 94F when I went out to shoot. WOW, those same loads seem HOT. Both wrists were tender (I shoot one handed, either hand) and the even the spent primers were a bit flatter than they should have been. I have almost a pound left and cut my measure back to the starting load last evening.

prs

Boolit Buddy
    I have used lots of 700x but on the coast we nearly ever see above 70 degrees in the summer time.
    Some of my pistol and shot gun stuff is loaded full house with 700X and I may be traveling East this summer to do some shooting. Thank you for the post.
    Silver Hand