Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockethub 80% paperweight deals

Boolit Master

Last year I ordered from Pebble Peak via rocket hub but after 90 days of dead silence and another 60 days of repeated unanswered emails I sent an email asking for an immediate credit to my card or I would dispute the charges with credit card company, got the refund in a couple of days. But IIRC, the refund was not from pebble peak directly but from Rockethub. Instead I bought one locally that was billet aluminium and had someone else finish the machine work since I'm not a machinist. It was more money but I'm not unhappy with the decision.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    You guys think YOUR wait is bad? Those that follow the full auto game know about the SHRIKE. It is a belt fed AR15 upper that you could mount on an M16 lower. Try an EIGHT YEAR wait! They got enough $2000 deposits THEN started the R&D and manufacturing. I guess I was smart enough to not put down a deposit on something that didn't even exist. The owner of the company didn't return calls, emails, letters from lawyers, etc. He DID give the deposits back to those that asked for it, but that was just like a Ponzi scheme. He eventually came through after 8 YEARS!
    I don't details of SHRIKE, but a lot times guys start things like this with more enthusiasm than knowledge about doing it.

What was that, a BBB complaint? Every business is registered with the secretary of state. You can look up the business, and the info on who's who.
    https://www.nvsilverflume.gov/businessSearch

There's a lot of info here. You could also poke around the site and see what qualifies for a complaint. Curing a complaint, or any gov thing is a pain in the a** and really wastes time.

Boolit Master
    BBB can be a great tool especially with wells fargo or boa

What I am starting to get upset about is, that this guy in Reno basically got to start a business, and in actuality I am one of his first investors as were all the first Rockethub buyers, he was able to secure a few tons of aluminum blocks and a new cnc machine. That was about 6 months ago, unfortunately for me my income is such that I cannot have money tied up, I either need the product or a refund but close to 500.00 in limbo, I cant do that.
    And, of course no response from him from Wednesday when he was supposed to check my lowers and ship.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    Instead I bought one locally that was billet aluminium and had someone else finish the machine work since I'm not a machinist. It was more money but I'm not unhappy with the decision.
    I wouldn't be broadcasting this info all over the 'net. What you describe is good for 10 years in Club Fed and a $150K fine.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

If the credit card processor gets enough charge backs, they will put the seller out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by 9w1911 View Post
    That is just what he said: "You can go ahead and do a charge back", but I took that as a dare rather than him saying I would be happy to refund you and sell your product to another individual. Right now I am waiting for 50 AR 80%er's to get checked for quality control.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    I wouldn't be broadcasting this info all over the 'net. What you describe is good for 10 years in Club Fed and a $150K fine.
    I abbreviated my response regarding what you quite correctly mention, as my point was about Rockethub, not legally finishing a 80% receiver. But for full disclosure it was completed as required to be 100% legal.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    You guys think YOUR wait is bad? Those that follow the full auto game know about the SHRIKE. It is a belt fed AR15 upper that you could mount on an M16 lower. Try an EIGHT YEAR wait! They got enough $2000 deposits THEN started the R&D and manufacturing. I guess I was smart enough to not put down a deposit on something that didn't even exist. The owner of the company didn't return calls, emails, letters from lawyers, etc. He DID give the deposits back to those that asked for it, but that was just like a Ponzi scheme. He eventually came through after 8 YEARS!
    I saw one of those units with a slidefire stock, and was grinnin ear to ear. I would jump all over one of those units if I had the chance. I just want the unit to use the linked belts, I can mill my own upper, and lower to make it fit.

Boolit Master
    Well I thought I'd give you guys an update, no lowers, no communication, nothing.
    I have to say I am disgusted with Battle Born Tactics in Reno Nv, the only tactics they are capable of is ripping off other small business owners. If any one considers purchasing a lower from this guy Jacob DeCrimer I would suggest against it and to buy a paperweight from a reputable retailer.

Boolit Master
    Update: I and a few other friends have received their orders today from BBT and I am here to say whatever ill will I had harbored is now gone these weights are sunperb if I am due any crow I shall eat it these are awesome

I am glad to hear this. Things would be much easier if people would just say well things have not gone as expected, it is gonna take about 6 months or so.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Master
    I agree.

Update!

received shipping notice from Precision Arms Mfg. today. Not sure what is in the package, hopefully both the jig and 80% lower. Will update upon arrival.

Boolit Buddy
    Glad to hear things are turning around for you guys. You have enough now to build dedicated rifles in every caliber that'll fit thru the mag well with spares for stocking stuffers. How cool is that.

Boolit Mold
    Well, after over a year precision arms/CBA delivered my order today. they look good. I was starting to think that money was gone.

Boolit Master
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about. You may as well be writing ancient Hebrew.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Alef Bet Gimel Dalet He Vav Zayin Het Tet Yod Kaf
    א ב ג ד ה ו ז ח ט י כ
    ך
    Lamed Mem Nun Samekh Ayin Pe Tsadi Qof Resh Shin Tav
    ל מ נ ס ע פ צ ק ר ש ת
    ם ן ף ץ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_alphabet
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master
    we are talking about unfinished AR lowers, they are not firearms so we call them paperweights