WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm leaving the forum for awhile...

Boolit Grand Master

LL I sure hope you have a safe trip, and if you get a chance to swing in on your way, please do! It's much easier to troll members when they are face to face LOL!

Speaking of which, you should bring your rifle with you. Since you wont be needing it in the swamp, I have a nice twice bore shotgun here with hardly any rust that will be all you need over there. Trade you straight across with 3 goats to boot.
    Bwahahahaha!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Love Life
    Make it 3 pygmy goats, throw in a cantaloupe, and you have a deal!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Make it 3 pygmy goats, throw in a cantaloupe, and you have a deal!!
    Cantaloupes are almost ripe, better hurry.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Went in there last year to say hello to Boots. Kettle Creek Arms. I worked there part time when he opened 42 years ago. There was an old guy who worked there named Tony Sireca that got me started in reloading.
    Yep. Great place indeed. I bought my 1st rifle at Mark Walker's pawn shop when I turned 18. It was a M48A 8mm mauser in very fine shape for $88 out the door. I still have that rifle and shoot it for fun. Tends to beat on me a little on longer range sessions.

Washington sure has changed since my early days, but much of what made it a great place is still there.

Safe travels LL.

Boolit Grand Master

If ya get out this way give us a shout.

Larry Gibson

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Ah, Georgia in July. What more could a man ask for?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

L.L.,if you go deer hunting in Ga. just look a little lower in the weeds for them. The deer in the south aren't quite as big as out west. Just think of a watriler size.
    Safe travel to ya, and if you come near Dale Hollw Lake in Tn let me know the door will be unlocked. Oh and we have our own shooting range too, only 300 yd but fun.

CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Banned

"Ah, Georgia in July. What more could a man ask for?"

Northern Nevada in July? I'm thinking in the fullness of time you will be back out west. I could never feel at home east of the Rockies.

Boolit Grand Master

If I ever move to SE PA, I will ensure I get my AC put on the roof.
    Figures, I had you pegged as that type of guy Climate is close to GA except we don't have the huge assortment of bugs and it gets cooler quicker. You'd feel right at home :laugh:

Boolit Buddy

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Ah, Georgia in July. What more could a man ask for?
    Chigger repellant !

My great-grandmother use to spayed all of us kids on the legs with a kerosene/sulfur mixture ! It is amazing none of us caught on fire ! It worked though !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master
    Dating cousins is a sign of a native born Georgian.
    Shoot. I already called my cousin and set up our first date!!

Boolit Master
    Better to put the AC unit on the Roof in the South, it makes them hard to steal.
    We lost two of them before putting a cage on the third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    The point was, no large or heavy parts to replace...

Around here, 99% of homes have the air unit in the attic... Believe me, that makes the roof mounted ones seem like a breeze!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    Better to put the AC unit on the Roof in the South, it makes them hard to steal.
    We lost two of them before putting a cage on the third.
    That's just a deterrent. There was an organized group in this area that was going around at night w/ a crane and flatbed trucks. They were picking commercial rooftop units off of businesses. There is a lot more scrap value because of how big the units are. And they are never secured to the roof. You can disconnect the electrical and gas in about five minutes if they don't come up through the unit. Then you just lift them off and place them on the flatbed. They eventually got caught because they didn't spread the scrap out across enough yards. They were smart enough to make sure no pieces w/ model and serial number were taken to the yards.

Boolit Master

Enjoy your road trip
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Hey Love Life!

May the best of everything come your way! I want to say, my guess, it will be hard for you to stay away, look at the stir you have caused, by moving a couple of thousand miles, and that does not put you out of touch. This will be 77 or more Posts since you gave mention. I know folks here enjoy you're involvement, I sure do! It was great to meet you at the Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot two or three years back!

Sincerely,

PS, 7/17 ....Thank you for your SERVICE!
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 07-17-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Love Life
    Thank you for all the kind words and well wishing! I rolled into Huntsville, AL about 20 minutes ago. I'll rest for 2 days (and head to Larry's pistol and pawn) and then hit the final leg to Georgia.

Boolit Man

Safe Travels my friend!

Moderator Emeritus

Best wishes for a safe and uneventful trip Dick! Thanks again for your service to our country.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson