Titan Reloading

Thread: Its called a Fatty

Boolit Buddy

Its called a Fatty

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140711_184154620.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	110449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140711_182346709_HDR.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	110450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140711_182812045.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	110451 Its called a Fatty. 1 pkg bacon layed flat in a basketweave, then hot sausage & hamburger mixed and spread out on the bacon, 2 pkg's cream cheese spread over meat, then chopped onions, bell peppers, and chives spread over the cheese. Roll it into a log and put toothpicks to hold together. Put on smoker, your choice, i like charcoal for 2 hrs and get internal temp up to 170 and shes done. We did this one at the Firehouse yesterday and it was GREAT!
    You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of the Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chism? James Pepper

Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there. John Simpson Chism

Boolit Master

Wow may have a new favorite recipe and that's just from the photo!!! Will be doing this shortly thanks fer sharing. My best neighbor is a fire fighter he and the boys always had the best meat dishes!

Quote Originally Posted by gunshot98 View Post
    It's called a Fatty.

I think............................................. .............

I'm............................................... .........................................

IN LOVE!!!!!!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

I usually do one pretty simple, basket weave bacon, tube sausage rolled out flat in a ziplock bag, put some pepper jack in it, roll it up, then cover with a dry rub, then add the bacon, then a little more dry rub and smoke till done.

Moderator Emeritus

Lots of recipes for them. Bacon weave, breakfast sausage, crumbled bacon and cheddar, roll and cook. I used to serve that for breakfast at my catering events for the crew, big slice alongside a plate full of eggs.

Boolit Buddy
    We are going to have a big cook-out saturday the 19th at the station. My guys look forward to these events.
    You know, there's an old saying, Miss Sally. There's no law west of the Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chism? James Pepper

Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there. John Simpson Chism

Boolit Grand Master
    Geez does that look GREAT!!
    Is that a Brinkman smoker?? Looks like my Brinkman.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Looks delicious.

I aint tried one yet, but I really like meat loaf. Near as I can tell, those are basically a supercharged meat loaf fit for a king.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Geez does that look GREAT!!
    Is that a Brinkman smoker?? Looks like my Brinkman.

Shiloh
    I believe so, used to have one until I left it outside on a stormy night.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

How much sausage/burger? Looks like a pound of each.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    It is a Brinkman old time charcoal smoker. A pound of each Hb & hot sausage. The other Receipe sounds good too.

Boolit Buddy
    Gonna try one with deer burger mix this Saturday.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by reloader28 View Post
    Looks delicious.

I aint tried one yet, but I really like meat loaf. Near as I can tell, those are basically a supercharged meat loaf fit for a king.
    You should try smoked meatloaf, takes it to another level.

Boolit Grand Master

Around here when someone says they're going to smoke a fatty, it has a whole different connotation.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

I've made one of those before without the cheese and veggies inside but I called it a "bacon explosion". Either way, it's delicious

Boolit Buddy
    well either way something gonna explode! The bacon kinda over whelms a little bit. But it tastes
    Soooooooooo good.