Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Info on Voere?

Boolit Grand Master

Info on Voere?

As most of y'all know, My father passed away a little over a year ago and I inherited a bolt action rifle I don't know much about. I also posted over on RFC since this isn't a common rifle.

It is a Voere 22 Mag bolt action rifle that he bought while stationed in Germany in the early 80's. We've used it for years as the squirrel sniper and plinking gun.

On the left side of the barrel it says "Voere Vöhrenbach Made in Germany" then "CAL .22 Magnum" then a proof mark IF symbol that looks like a sideways antler. On the left receiver is says "VOERE"

It is a high gloss blue with a double trigger and box magazine. The stock is a nice walnut with a rosewood forend. The receiver is drilled and tapped for scope mounts as well as an integral dovetail. There are no open sights.

Any information from a general, anecdotal, value perspective would be nice. It's not for sale and will stay with me forever. I'd really like to see it polished and reblued due to wear and to restore it to as beautiful as I remember as a kid. Also info on scope mounts would be nice.

Boolit Grand Master

Attachment 109236
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

Answered back on RFC

Looks like a Voere Titan to me. They were available in calibres ranging from .22 l.r. to centerfire hunting loads. This action is much stronger and more refined than the regular Voere rimfire or Flobert actions. The Titan II in the centerfire version is commonly used by German hunters.

Yours has the Deutschen Stecher, the double set triggers. I would think that it is worth about $400 to 500.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for the replies Andy. I spend most my time here. This is the most info I've had on the rifle to date. Hoping to scope it and go do some critter hunting with it this fall.

Boolit Master
    Also reference Kliengunther and Mauser 201.

Your handle makes you an osteopathic doctor, my son goes to LECOM. Isn't that reason enough to help?