Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my press and dies in today....

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    Check Natchez Shooter's Supply for Unique or sign up for gunbot
    Natchez doesn't appear to have Unique in stock.

Got my press and dies in today....

I was able to get my hands on a pound of titegroup and have about 100 rounds produced of 9mm and tonite I got my powder funnel and my measure in today after 30 min of messing with it and still not getting a consistent throw one way or the other I gave up on it and went back to my lee scoop and funnel to charge my 223 rounds XD so I'm wondering what am I doing wrong? I'm useing a Lyman 55 measure
    Last edited by TaylorS; 06-20-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: info
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Taylor, what part of the country are you in?

Boolit Master

Midsouth has been getting in powder, check it daily. You can search by "in stock" only. I picked up some IMR4227 yesterday from them. Got some powder last week from Bruno's, although, their prices are high. I try to stay away from gunbroker because that's part of the cause of the problem but I did find a seller on there that will ship 4 pounds for a $19 shipping fee and the price for h110 wasn't too bad.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Texas panhandle jack I've found a few places between here and Amarillo I can get some as I need
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    Texas panhandle jack I've found a few places between here and Amarillo I can get some as I need
    Good, if you're over there and looking for anything, the place to ask is texasguntalk.com

Boolit Buddy
    When i start a new caliber in reloading i make a couple dummy rounds from the different steps of reloading. I have one that to trim length, i have one that it expanded(if case recquires it) and one with a jword or boolit or one of each for the COAL. Most of my rounds are at the length of factory rounds.

Ive been reloading for over 17 years, still new stuff to learn and to make it more enjoyable. And you will make mistakes along the way, we all do. Have fun.
    Looking for: 32acp mold-- 22 hornet jwords-- 7.62x54r- jwords, boolits, mold-- 7x57 brass, mold---7.62 Nagant-brass-- 8x56r-brass, jwords-- any old firearm laying around ( I'm starting to take gun smithing classes, and I'm looking for pieces I can work on, PM me with your details)

Poor execution of a problem on your part doesn't constitute a problem on mine.

13/14 Trapping season
    Coon-1
    Grinner-3
    Squirrel-3

In Remembrance

I use Red Dot (shotgun) powder in 9mm with 125 gr. boolits with great accuracy.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    I was able to get my hands on a pound of titegroup and have about 100 rounds produced of 9mm and tonite I got my powder funnel and my measure in today after 30 min of messing with it and still not getting a consistent throw one way or the other I gave up on it and went back to my lee scoop and funnel to charge my 223 rounds XD so I'm wondering what am I doing wrong? I'm useing a Lyman 55 measure
    The powder needs to settle a bit in the measure before it gets consistent. Even then, it can still be off by .xxxxxxx or so. Try drumming your fingers on the side to help it compact a bit.

I don’t know what kind of experience you have in reloading, or what you have read, but my advice to you is to do things in batches. As in, get an empty bullet tray and resize/clean 50 cases, then prime those fifty, then flare, then when you are ready to make a complete round, charge and place a bullet on the case. Press it down slightly so it is snug in the case and then seat and crimp them.

I do this so I never lose track of what I am doing. I have coffee cans of brass that are sized/cleaned/primed/flared. Some cans are brass that is ready to go, some are at various stages. All labeled and sealed.

Just get your own process set up and stick to it. Routines are good!