Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 358 Win & VV N135

Boolit Buddy

358 Win & VV N135

What with powders becoming scarce to nonexistent, at least near me, I'm starting to run out. I shoot my 358 win quite a bit and running out of H4895 & Varget and not getting a replacement has me concerned. A supplier that I have access to, is almost completely out of powder, except that he's still advertising VV N135. I've searched through here and every piece of load data I can find to see if it's compatible with cast boolits around 200-220 grs in the 358. Lots of info on jacketed loads, but they start at 2300 '/s and go up from there. Has anyone downloaded this powder in the 358 with 200-220 gr boolits in the 2000 to 2200'/s range? Thanks for any info you might have. Ron.D
    Last edited by Ron.D; 05-14-2014 at 07:11 AM.

Boolit Master

It sits just a couple of notches slower than H4895 on the burn rate chart. Should be workable.

I don't have any 135 but I use N133 in my 6.8 SPC and it is a very clean, consistent powder and I'm quite happy with it there. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but don't expect that to change anytime soon.

In my 308, I use 30gr of 133 and Lyman 314299 for a velocity of 1950. The 133 shoots just as good as Varget or 4895, but cleaner. I believe 135 will work very well in your 358

Boolit Buddy
    C. Latch, you're right, it does appear on burn rate charts, right where I'd want it and might very well be what I'm looking for.
    detox, If N135 is as downloadable as N133 is for you, that would answer my question. Not all powders are as forgiving as 4895 however and it'll cost well over $200. with hazmat and shipping to get 5 lbs. This stuff, like most VV powders isn't cheap. Thanks for your input. Ron.D