WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I an ***???

Boolit Mold
    Standard attire: Shirt, jeans, belt, boots, wallet in back pocket, good pocket knife in the other back pocket, 1911 on hip.

better safe than dead. Sure nothing to be afraid of meeting someone... but as your walking back to a car some punks come up and hit you with something. you literally never know what can happen.

Love Life
    Meh. I have a gun on when home and when out roaming the desert, but rarely when in town. Do what you want and justify your actions and decisions to nobody. Honestly, I'd rather carry a sap than a gun.

Boolit Master
    I always sit facing the door. Just a good precaution to follow.

I don't carry. I feel being aware, and having an escape plan will suit me better. Find the trouble and avoid. No hero stuff for me.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Trails4u, nothing to feel quilty about. I am always armed. In my little Baptist Church, I and some of the congregation pack during services. Being armed can protect others as well as yourself if the situation arises.

The people you met with, being shooters, would understand fully.
    Can't count the times I have been asked at church if I have my gun. After saying "of course" their response is always "Thank You"
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by str8shot426 View Post
    I don't carry. I feel being aware, and having an escape plan will suit me better. Find the trouble and avoid. No hero stuff for me.
    That is your choice. Most times it will. Sometimes that is not
    possible, for those times you aren't prepared. Carrying a gun doesn't indicate your trying to be a hero. Sorry to call you out, but that just sounds like some liberal mumbo jumbo.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Quote Originally Posted by freebullet View Post
    That is your choice. Most times it will. Sometimes that is not
    possible, for those times you aren't prepared. Carrying a gun doesn't indicate your trying to be a hero. Sorry to call you out, but that just sounds like some liberal mumbo jumbo.
    The op has no reason to feel like an a$$. Exercising a right we support here. But choosing not to doesn't make one a "liberal".
    Last edited by str8shot426; 05-04-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Boolit Master

You are smart, you wear a belt to hold up the pants, you wear sun glasses if the sun is bright,
    you use sun blocker as needed, and you carry protection in social situations.
    Sounds normal.
    Mike

p.s. Read the first chapter of Romans
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Love Life
    This is the one thing I don't like about this site. Some people are too quick to slap the liberal label on a persons choice.
    I don't carry in town either. Now that I am older (relatively speaking) I seriously doubt I'll need to smoke somebody. Even if I had a gun, if somebody got the drop on me with their gun, I doubt I would ninja roll to the left while drawing and putting two shots into the target and then assessing the target.

Back to the OP. Why should you feel like an ***? It's your right to carry a gun. If anybody is offended by it then they can pull out their smart phone and text their mom for emotional support.

This is the one thing I don't like about this site. Some people are too quick to slap the liberal label on a persons choice.
    Posting is optional.................
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Have you rehearsed all the situations of being accosted? for your escape plan-s? just asking.

"The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

We are to preserve life. Yours is included. Have you considered the possibility that THEY were also carrying? Would that make you uneasy or more comfortable.

I'm always amazed at how polite people are at the local gunshows. Maybe it is because we all share similar interests, or maybe it is because of the readily available fire power!
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Thanks, Barry! Great perspective......and actually, as I think about it...I think I would feel better in that situation if the other person were carrying as well. Strange, huh?? Hell...I'd feel better if I knew that everyone I ever met was carrying.....bet the crime rate would go down, huh????
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

I wouldn't give it a second thought or carry all the time and it's a non issue
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

The op has no reason to feel like an a$$. Exercising a right we support here. But choosing not to doesn't make one a "liberal".
    Choosing to carry doesn't mean your trying to "be the hero" either, and that's the way you made it sound. As if you are smarter than everyone, can avoid any bad situation, & have moral high ground because you travel about unarmed. I didn't call you a liberal, I said " that sounds like a bunch of liberal mumbo jumbo". I stand by that statement. Maybe just the way I read it, go forth unarmed if you wish. Be aware I won't be your hero and I'm armed always.

I have no plans on being a hero or a statistic. I think that most if not all of us that carry do the same as you. But I know that there could be a situation that I can not avoid and I would rather not be the statistic.

There are some people that should not carry. If you are not preparred to take on the responcibility, then it is best to leave it at home. It would bother me something fierce to know that I was in a situation that I could have prevented or ended and I was unpreparred (or worse did nothing) and someone was injured or killed. Again, not looking for a hero cookie but hiding under a table and hoping for the best isn't for me.

To the op, My brother just started carrying and at first it was odd for him. Once he got used to it it is now just like his cell phone. Hopefully we will all go through life never needing it.

As my Dad once told me: Tread softly and carry a big stick.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Posting is optional.................
    Yes sir, I should have opted out of this one.

When someone asks why I always carry I tell them . I'm not looking for trouble, IF I knew exactly when & where I'd need my gun I wouldn't go there. I'm old enough to look like an easy mark & heal slowly. You may catch me without my shoes but not my 1911 Colt.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Boolit Bub
    Yes I carry.99% of the time. I not only carry for myself also for the wife and kids. If I'm gone who will stand up and make sure that my wife will be look after. Who would have my type of influence and insite. that will be giving to my kids and grandkids. I'm one of the stupid ones that will not leave some one stranded on the side of the road. If someone needs help I will assist them. Some how i can't learn to mind my busness and leave them stranded. Some day it mite bite me in the butt( just hope it's not soon) I choose to do this and I like who I am for doing it. As for carrying Yep you never know !!! Phil