Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried Frankfort Arsenals new platinum rotary tumbler

Boolit Grand Master

Does anybody know where the Frankfort rotary tumbler is made and by whom?
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Does anybody know where the Frankfort rotary tumbler is made and by whom?
    The box mine came in says "Made in China."

Boolit Buddy
    I've got one. It hasn't been used a bunch so far as most all of my brass is either loaded or at least prepped and ready to load this time of year. I have run it a couple cycles though, including an initial cleaning of the pins, and no complaints so far. FWIW, it does appear to be a sturdy well built unit. Only time in service will truly tell. The Thumler and Harbor Freight tumblers just didn't have the capacity to get me off the fence....this one did. While I may have to let it run an extra hour or two with just the 5 lbs. of SS media, batches of 1000 .45 ACP are well within it's limits and that was my mark. One of my first loads was 500 .38 Special cases. I ran them 3 hours and they came out perfect.

Boolit Bub
    I have had the FA rotary tumbler for about a month it has worked perfectly and the job it does cleaning brass is amazing.My first batch was 750 .40 S&W cases handled it no problem I would recommend this product to anyone.Only time will tell how it holds up.I did a youtube video on it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbE4cJ0qy9c

Boolit Master
    Very good video MDphoto...., the only thing I disagree with is pouring contaminated water in one's sink. That is adding lead to your city's drinking water! Kind of like urinating in your soup pot. Yes they have excellent filtration systems, but only so far. Why add heavy metals to the mix? And keep in mind that you are Not the Only Reloader in your area.

Dirt is an excellent filter, I just pour it in a select spot in the back yard.

I'm not jumping your case, just food for thought for everyone.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Very good video MDphoto...., the only thing I disagree with is pouring contaminated water in one's sink. That is adding lead to your city's drinking water! Kind of like urinating in your soup pot. Yes they have excellent filtration systems, but only so far. Why add heavy metals to the mix? And keep in mind that you are Not the Only Reloader in your area.

Dirt is an excellent filter, I just pour it in a select spot in the back yard.

I'm not jumping your case, just food for thought for everyone.
    Where I live we have city water but guess what? The city water is drawn from wells! I would rather not put it back into the ground water much better to put it down the sink the amount of lead I am pouring down is much less then the amount of lead from the lead soldier pipes in the 30+ year old houses in the area.At least the waste water is being treated (yes they treat for lead too). BTW I was a plumber for 15 years before I blew my back out and my father was a plumber for 50 years

Glad you liked the video

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MDphotographer View Post
    Where I live we have city water but guess what? The city water is drawn from wells! I would rather not put it back into the ground water much better to put it down the sink the amount of lead I am pouring down is much less then the amount of lead from the lead soldier pipes in the 30+ year old houses in the area.At least the waste water is being treated (yes they treat for lead too). BTW I was a plumber for 15 years before I blew my back out and my father was a plumber for 50 years

Glad you liked the video
    I hear ya brother!

Looks like neither of us will convince the other though. That's alright with me. Not worth arguing over in my book.

I'd be proud to buy ya a Root Beer and Moon Pie and have a chat about guns and gear and such if you're ever in my neck of the woods.

Take care!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

Well, I received an E-mail from Optics Planet. Apologizing for the delay. Manufacturer is dragging there feet.
    Latest ETA Tue, 13th May. We'll see. Guess I chose the wrong distributor.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Buddy
    I just ordered one, if push comes to shove I will just replace the motor with a bigger one. I was going to build my own, but after looking at the prices of all the items I needed to complete the project the tumbler would have cost me about $500-$600 (I like my stuff to look professional). There is a place that I found on the web that sells commercial tumbling barrels, the one I had my eye on was $250. This tumbler and price was just cheaper for me and ready to run once I receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Ray View Post
    Well, I received an E-mail from Optics Planet. Apologizing for the delay. Manufacturer is dragging there feet.
    Latest ETA Tue, 13th May. We'll see. Guess I chose the wrong distributor.
    Pepe Ray
    Reports I've read tend to be pretty positive on the FART (Franklin Arsenal Rotary Tumbler). I assume yours has arrived by now. How do you like it?

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

I bought one a few weeks ago and finally opened the box yesterday. The 5 lbs bag of media doesn't appear enough to do an adequate job, judging by the size of the drum. Has anyone added more media? Thanks.