RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Sweet 16

Boolit Mold

Sweet 16

Hey guys,

I just bought a sweet little DPMS with a sixteen in. bull and need some help.
    I would like to turn it into a long range terror by getting a nice 24 in. upper that I can wack prarrie rats with at oooohhhhhh saayyy 600, if the eyes prevail. I don't really know that mutch about ARs so any input would be greatly appriciated.
    jungle runner

Boolit Master
    If you are looking to buy an upper it is just a matter of throwing your credit card number at a company and telling them what you want. Then slappin it on your lower. If you are good with your hands you can get all the parts and build one in about half an hour.

If you are looking for a 600 yard rifle and have the coin look at Krieger rifle barrels. Some people that shoot that far will switch to a 77gr or 80gr bullet because of its ability to buck the wind. My dad and I have both shot p-dogs at over 500 yards with a 55gr Nosler ballistic tip with out much trouble. A 24" barrel isnt needed, most of the AR-15 rifles we have for long range have a heavy 20" barrel, we have one with a 24" Super Heavy barrel, a 16 bull barrel (good for at least 500 yards) and a Savage bolt gun with a 26" barrel in 223, all shoot the same load very well.

This is my most resent build, it is a 6.8 SPC Remington,

This is what it will do.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Grand Master

Have you gone to DPMS web site or talked to them?
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Buddy

Try these guys, I got one of their barrels. Reasonably priced and shoots good too. John Hollinger(SP?) has a very good reputation and his prices seem pretty reasonable to me.
    Jeff
    http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/

Last edited by waksupi; 01-18-2008 at 09:27 PM.

I just bought a S&W MP-15.. With a cheap 4X scope it looks like it will hold well under inch at hundred yards? Lets say just for kicks it will do .80 inch. is a .20 less or say .60 of a inch the different of a 200 yard PD plinker to a 600 yard killing machine???? I really don't know
    OBTW
    I'm new to this AR thingy. I don't know how this S&W adds up to others but do like it. Sure like to
    do some yote calling. Not sure I will get a chance this winter. Oh well maybe PDs this spring.

I think del-ton only makes 20 in and 16 in kits, but they make really good stuff. I also have a bushmaster upper, and that shoots great as well (free floated)

Banned
    looks good, RRA makes a good varmit barell. superior i think has the .243wssm deadly on the yotes at long range. my buddy has a .22-250 upper on a armalite. thats the long range gun for the praire dogs. -chris