MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Never thought it would happen here !

Boolit Bub

Never thought it would happen here !

I live here in Western PA a once heavy industrial part of the State . Back in the day local plumbers would dump lead pipe in your front yard just to be rid of it . We have a local metal scrap yard on every corner here also . Last time I bought some scrap lead was a couple of years ago and I think I paid around .30Cents/lb. The guy remembered me and stated, yeah, he had lots of lead and to stop back next week and maybe he would sell me some ? He also mentioned his Father-in-Law casted bullets , code for I'am not going to sell you any ! Called another scrap yard and the fellow Said; " I will sell you some and I want .75Cents/ Lb." I then heard some A-...Hole in the background yell I want 1.00$/Lb. I'am not complaining about the price because it is what it is , I'am just amazed at how difficult it is to buy here now . Roto Metals best price is for the Pig Iron at 2.18 $/Lb. This whole thing is just getting out of control !

Boolit Master
    As long as folks will pay the price, it'll keep going up.