MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It sucks to get old!

Moderator Emeritus

I'm thinking you should get one of them nose rings so you could cock the hammer without releasing your grip on the stock. Or I could notch your nose for you like ear marking a calf. Let me know if I can help.
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

Boolit Master
    well for not seeing the target , you hit it fine , 95% of people would like to be able to shoot that well with a flinter even with 20/20 vision

Boolit Master
    I have had lens implants and what I have found that works is either use progressive lens or get cheap reading glasses like I did in 1.5 diopters which is perfect for shooting a hand gun for me.

Boolit Master
    Yesterday when I was young
    The taste of life was as sweet as rain upon my Tongue
    I teased at life as if it where a foolish game
    The way the evening breeze may tease the candle flame.

Boolit Master
    I got y'all beat. At some point during the past 20 years or so, my dominant eye changed from right to left. Long story, but my eyesight has always been rather poor, no depth perception, etc. Being right handed and left eye dominant works fairly well when pistol shooting; not so much when shooting rifles. This is in addition to all the other maladies associated with being (relatively) old and fat. And I'm not yet 60! Just think what all I've still got to look forward to!!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Quit complaining you ole fool.My wife complains, my brother complains, every time
    they get together the talk is about how bad our health is.Hummmmmmmmmmmmm
    I just thank God I,m still here.When I quit posting you can bet it is over for me(wink)

Fly

Perm-Banned
    last summer i spent a lot of time in icu trying to stay alive from west nile virus. it hurt my intire body includeing eyes and ears. got hearing aides now but the good news is the eye doctor could never correct my right eye good enough for me to see a open sight very well. well since the west nile made my eyes worse they bome more correctable. i can even see the buckhorn sights very good now. glad something good came out of that. i was shooting my 45/70 with buckhorn sights on it yesterday and punching hole in holes. dont get bit by the wrong mosquiteo its a bummer trying to stay alive and come back. lady told me the other day that their is a high rate of dementia among ex west nile people. i said thanks alot i needed to know that. well sitting grinning, maybe that isnt so bad.

Boolit Buddy
    I guess you could say it sucks even more never making it to get old.. I’m thankful for my small disabilities .

I can totally relate old man....

I never wore glasses in my life, then when I turned about 48 i just couldnt read anymore... So i got it checked out, and the docs made me a brand new pair of bifocals.... Just sucks.... Trying to get everything lined up in a tight spot down in the engine compartment of the boat can be a lesson in frustration... And then add a baseball cap with built in lights on the brim... Have to try to get the lights lined up on the hat, then the glasses lined up on the nose so the light shines on a spot that you can actually see through the bifocal part of the glasses in a tight spot on you back with your head upside down with a stubborn bolt that is corroded from salt water that you can only turn 1/16th of an inch can pretty much cause most folks to just throw in the damm towell and drink heavily and kick the dumm dog.... But there is something at I have learned through all of the changes... Patience.... I always wondered how older folks seemed to have so much more patience then i did when I was younger, and now I know.... Cuz we have to...

AG

In Remembrance
    LOL AKguy, That is precisely one of the reasons I quit wrenching and went back to trucking. Bifocals, standing on your head and trying to get the lights to line up with everything else, plus not bending near as well as I used too. lol

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by gon2shoot View Post
    I'm thinking you should get one of them nose rings so you could cock the hammer without releasing your grip on the stock. Or I could notch your nose for you like ear marking a calf. Let me know if I can help.
    Would I need to make an appointment?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    LOL AKguy, That is precisely one of the reasons I quit wrenching and went back to trucking. Bifocals, standing on your head and trying to get the lights to line up with everything else, plus not bending near as well as I used too. lol
    I gave up wenching years ago.

Banned
    I have to buy shooting supplies and equipment so I don't have the funds for them high dollar glasses I buy the $5.00 readers off the rack.

Perm-Banned
    an older fella like me from church said to me his mother is 101 years old. she told him the other day, son you have to be very tough to get old or you wont make it, she said it hurts alot.

Moderator Emeritus

Only if you want the package deal, or I could send you the discounted do-it- yerself kit. (case knife, castaringer, and a hacksaw.)
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

On Heaven's Range

I am waiting for new glasses right now, but couldn't wait to go to the range and make some noise since the sun was shining. Grabbed the high standard 22, glock 9mm, S&W mod 19 and my trusty gold cup. Left the 9mm ammo on the counter, and the high standard magazine in the safe. Oh well, I had 2 to shoot anyway. Couldn't go back to get what I left since it is 30 miles one way. Mabe my memory will improve, I think.

Mr. Ed
    The only good cast boolit is the one that hits the target

Boolit Master
    My Lord Now see what you got started.

Fly

Moderator Emeritus

Rool 16! I don't see no gun here, just a target.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean D. View Post
    Rool 16! I don't see no gun here, just a target.
    It ain't ready yet. When I was shooting it, I didn't have the trigger guard or thimbles on it, no finish, not even completely carved. It were nekkid.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

Ok, couldn't resist yanking yer chain though LOL.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson