Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Cheddar Grits

Vendor Sponsor

Cheddar Grits

I want to share this, been loving grits all my life and this has got to be one of the very best if not THE best way to enjoy grits that I have ever found..

To make these, I use Quaker Instant Grits cheddar cheese flavor. The reason I prefer the instant grits? The cheddar flavoring powder in there with the grits is what they use to flavor Cheetos with! Same stuff!

1pkg Quaker Instant Grits cheddar cheese flavor
    1/2C water
    2 large/jumbo eggs
    1 slice extra sharp cheddar cheese, torn in 3-4 pieces

Make grits in a 1 or 2 qt saucepan, when boiling stir in one egg, cook constantly stirring until egg whites are cooked, then stir in the second egg. Cook stirring often until the second egg is not quite cooked all the way, then add in the cheddar cheese pieces and stir, serve when there are still some blobs of cheddar goodness floating around in there!

The meat is slices of Neese's Liver Pudding, it comes in a loaf and tastes like a cross between liver and country sausage, I brown it in a little butter and sage. Topped with cherry preserves, OMG.... Delicious!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 03-16-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Boolit Bub

DougGuy, do you need to contact your cardiologist before eating this? Where do you find Neese's Liver Pudding?

Love Life
    I thought this was a thread about cheddar grits?

Vendor Sponsor

It is about cheddar grits but you know how this place is, if there is something else in the pic, you have to explain what it is, what it does, why it's in the pic, etc... Reloaders want to know!!

I need to load up on calories, I had to go through cancer treatment last year, so I'm down on my weight and this breakfast is about 700 calories without the cherry preserves. The grits taste really good like they are, but having something in there with it like the liver pudding gives it a wonderful contrast.. Good stuff here and won't hardly see it on a restaurant menu anywhere.

Liver pudding... Mostly you will find it in North Carolina stores, you may find it in WV somewhere especially around Charleston. Livermush is what I really crave, but you can only get that in the central part of the state. They are similar, but livermush has more liver in it and a better, stronger flavor.

Boolit Master

Livermush must have liver in it to be called thus; if you can't find liver pudding (less liver) then look for scrapple (may have liver in it).
    Gun control is not about guns.

Vendor Sponsor

Oh I tried that. Boy what a disappointing surprise! It went in the garbage...

Livermush has to have 30% liver to be called livermush... Liver Pudding can have any amount of liver, plus any amount of other hog parts..

Banned

gritts look good but you can toss that liver ****

Boolit Buddy
    Yep...ya'll had me right up to the point that the nasty L-word was used
    Domari Nolo

Vendor Sponsor

LMAO!