MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingMCD Products

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screwed up in decrimping primer pockets

Boolit Master
    Oh man, I know I've NEVER cut too much off my primer pockets then put a max SAAMI load in there and actually SHOT it!!!

Seriously, if I ever did that again I would use them for "wife" loads... that is, SAAMI starting loads for the bullet weight I'm using... which would pro'lly be 55 grains... Heck, the primer doesn't even flow at those pressures... and if you want to make double sure that the primer won't flow, use the CCI 41's... Cup is thicker... They're a little more expensive, but cheaper than tossing the brass.

Boolit Buddy
    I agree with TruckerDave, as long as the primer is tightly held go ahead and use them; just start paying more attention to what you are doing.
    This is a mostly cosmetic error, if you go 200 cartridges between checking your powder measure setting imagine the problem you would have taking apart all of those rounds when you find out the setting moved and you overloaded some of your cartridges. Really shouldn't go more than 10-20 items before re-checking everything no matter what you are doing, trimming cases, loading powder, seating bullets etc. etc. Still too hard to get reloading supplies to be wasting them.

My Wilson primer pocket tool makes them all that way, its a good thing
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Vendor Sponsor

Chamfer is a little heavy however it won't hurt anything. That area of the case is solid brass.

Next time you need to CSK just enough to remove the flash on the crimp. I do this by hand with a drill motor running and simply hit the case on the csk for a second or so. You will see how long it takes very quickly.

This is a simple operation. No need to overthink it.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com