MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No More Reloads

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    Just in the last week or so I read on this forum about Hawaii. How the ONLY gun range there is currently closed for evaluation because a bullet or two "supposidly" left the range. Our Hawaiian shooters now do not have a place to shoot. They can not drive to the country, nor even to another state.
    Seems that with the active volcanoes on Hawaii, they wouldn't mind if a little lead was added to the molten rock.
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by grumman581 View Post
    Seems that with the active volcanoes on Hawaii, they wouldn't mind if a little lead was added to the molten rock.
    And besides, if you have all that ocean around an island, it makes for a good place to catch any bullets that you shoot away from the populated areas. There is a city gun range in Texas City that uses the marshlands and water of Galveston Bay to provide a downrange area for any bullets that miss the berms at the end of the range.

http://www.texas-city-tx.org/shooting_range/index.php
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=texas...69086&t=h&z=17

For those of us who are over 55, it's only $3 per day. For you youngsters, it's either $6 or $8 (resident vs non-resident).
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master
    As much as Kalifornia sucks, we have Bureau of Land Management land where you can shoot anything you want 24/7. The Mojave desert is very large. The only problem we have is the disrespectful shooters that take all their trash out there, shoot it full of holes and then leave it there. Some areas have been closed, so if you shoot here, PLEASE pick up your targets and take away twice what you take in. The price of free land to shoot on is not free.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine86 View Post
    I guess i feel lucky to be a member of a private club thats board is run by members who get voted into thier positions ...... And to top it off $60 bucks per year 3.1 miles from my house
    Don't forget about the 100 work hours that don't really exist, but somehow you have to find a way to make them up. Or the good ol' boy network that is the board.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    I'm with the guys like Reload3006 and mstarling, I'm pretty much my own range officer/owner of my range, front door back door take your pick kinda thing.

That has to be nice. Lucky bastard.

One BIG thing is liability.
    Liability for lead exposure.
    Liability for stupid people who do not shoot downrange. (Look at the ceilings, walls & floors of any indoor range.)
    Liability for bad reloaders who blow up guns, or have unsafe ammo.
    We are inventive people. We here can think of horrible things that can go wrong at the range. Not because of anything we, as responsible owners and reloaders, do. But because of people who live by the adage "It all YOUR Fault, I didn't do anything wrong and here I am all hurt and **** at your range." Think of all the little things you as a responsible gun owner would take responsibility for doing, and imagine someone with the above mentality. For every claim one of them files, it doesn't just hurt the range where the incident happened, but affects ALL of the ranges that Insurance Carrier covers. You can have a range that has been open 100 years with a ZERO incident ratio. For every incident at other ranges, the rate increase gets spread to that perfect range too. Liability losses are getting EXTREMELY expensive. And they are getting more and more far fetched by the day.

Boolit Master
    You do understand that they are in the business strictly to have a place they can shoot, and to make money.

I am still undecided as to whether obama or the firearms industry poses the greatest threat to the 2nd A.

Boolit Master

Idaho, I quit wondering about that question long ago.

Gunowners are the far larger threat to owning a gun.

Obama? He's well on record as the greatest gun salesman of all time. A local shop owner told me he grossed close to $ 4 million last year. I don't doubt it. And, this is one of the good guys out there, that actually is one of US that is trying to protect our rights. How he makes that kind of money? His competition is so "ate up" that they end up helping them out as they are so stupid and greedy (and jerks). They gouge, he doesn't. They "bad mouth", he doesn't. Guess which one shows up to support rights, then backs it up with deeds? Not the jerks!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sharpshooter View Post
    You do understand that they are in the business strictly to have a place they can shoot, and to make money.

I am still undecided as to whether obama or the firearms industry poses the greatest threat to the 2nd A.
    Good question. (speaking hypothetically, of course) O'Bozo could be fixed by a single Secret Service agent who had taken an oath to defend the Constitution and was willing to do what was necessary. I would assume that fixing the firearm industry would take the actions of a lot more people and a change of attitude.
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

That wouldn't work!

Just think of the dolt that's next in line for the job.
    If Obummer is the answer, How stupid was the question?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -----Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodsvet View Post
    As much as Kalifornia sucks, we have Bureau of Land Management land where you can shoot anything you want 24/7. The Mojave desert is very large. The only problem we have is the disrespectful shooters that take all their trash out there, shoot it full of holes and then leave it there. Some areas have been closed, so if you shoot here, PLEASE pick up your targets and take away twice what you take in. The price of free land to shoot on is not free.
    WORD

i have a nice little shooting spot about 15' from my house on some BLM land... it pays to buy the BLM maps and scout out all the little isolated patches of land there is... often times the BLM plots are 'land locked' by private property and you can't access them without permission

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
    That wouldn't work!

Which is worse -- an idiot or a malicious idiot?

The fact is that the results *claimed by the leftists* of the 2008 election are invalid because O'Bozo does not meet the definition of a "natural born citizen" (i.e. BOTH of his parents much be US citizens).

http://www.theobamafile.com/obamanaturalborn.htm

We are having a Constitutional crisis right now and no one who is in a position to correct it has the willingness to do so.

More about me

I refuse to pay to shoot "by the hour" and with house rules that are not to my liking...simple as that.
    My firearms project blog

Seems to me the range is "their house" so they get to make the rules, on the other hand it makes a lot of sense to let someone know you don't come over because their house rules are not to your liking.

Boolit Master

From the back of the L-shape not visible in the satellite photo is my range it is a hundred 22 yards from my patio there to the back pond bank. The pond will not hold water but it makes an excellent Rifle range. I still wish it held water it would be fun to fish with my grand kids there. but not to be.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
    That wouldn't work!

I've come to the conclusion he isn't in that position by accident. Same for Bush and Klinton, and maybe Bush1 (Cheney, Gore and Quayle). All 4 are bad, worse than their boss is.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
    Which is worse -- an idiot or a malicious idiot?

The fact is that the results *claimed by the leftists* of the 2008 election are invalid because O'Bozo does not meet the definition of a "natural born citizen" (i.e. BOTH of his parents much be US citizens).
    I couldn't find it fairly easily online, but I did research this back in 2004, and came up with him no being a natural born citizen. The reference I found didn't require both parents to be US citizens, just one. But, there have been age and residency requirements over the years, and what the law is when you are born is what you are governed by, in this case. His mother was American, but missed the age and residency requirements needed for BHO to be native born. So, that was the origin of the lies about being born in Hawaii.

Add to that the fact of what happened in the 2012 election. Kind of funny the same guy won EVERY swing state, isn't it? Add to it a few other things, and I'd say the win was stolen. Not much different than 1960. Yup, the dead people in the Chicago area seem to always vote for D. And, yes, dead people in Chicago vote. Have for years. What else would you expect from Daly and his cronies?

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle View Post
    Add to that the fact of what happened in the 2012 election. Kind of funny the same guy won EVERY swing state, isn't it? Add to it a few other things, and I'd say the win was stolen. Not much different than 1960. Yup, the dead people in the Chicago area seem to always vote for D. And, yes, dead people in Chicago vote. Have for years. What else would you expect from Daly and his cronies?
    THIS

Remember the under-reported stories of voters using electronic voting machines and Obama would come up as their selection even though they tried to vote for someone else?

Boolit Master

Actually, I heard some Dems tried one that they punched Romney, but it came up Obama.

Now, that doesn't in any way prove who did it.

I figure some Dems did it, then showed it off, knowing it would point fingers, but not be used until fixed.

Have you ever noticed many cars had political stickers on them after elections prior to 2008, but not many since? Why's that?

Anyways, this really belongs down in the Pit, we are drifting.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle View Post
    Anyways, this really belongs down in the Pit, we are drifting.
    As they say, "All discussions on the internet eventually morph into sex, guns, or politics". We started with guns, so we had a 50/50 chance of it being either sex or politics.

More about me

Boolit Buddy

Might also check with the NRA field rep in your area and see if he or she is aware of the issues with the range.