Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: 32 ACP Brass ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

32 ACP Brass ?

Going to buy some new 32 ACP brass . My question is wich brand you would recommend ? Remington , Magtech , Starline ,...................? Any insight would be welcome !

Boolit Master

Been trying to get some .32's lately, they seem rather scarce. I hadn't even thought of buying 'just' new brass. I've had better luck with Remington brass, in the past. Haven't bought any new brass for a while. I'm sure someone else will chime in. mikey

Boolit Master
    The last I purchased was Magtech, from Midway, as it was the cheapest. I don't think one make is superior to another, they all get lost at the range just the same.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The best .32 ACP brass is whatever you can find in quantity. I've used them all and they all work. CBC, Fiocchi, RWS and Geco are what I have been using mostly, range pickup, but Remington and Winchester are certainly OK, if you can find new, unfired brass.

Boolit Buddy

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I thank you for the info and am going to watch the auction on the 500 lot of range brass on GB , was looking yesterday and Brass World has some tumbled 32 acp also . I'm just starting to reload so I'm sure I'll have many entry level questions in the near future . Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Boaz

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Going to buy some new 32 ACP brass . My question is wich brand you would recommend ? Remington , Magtech , Starline ,...................? Any insight would be welcome !
    Sellier & Bellot if you can get any. Shooting it from various .32's and it works fine for me.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat74 View Post
    Sellier & Bellot if you can get any. Shooting it from various .32's and it works fine for me.
    Sellier & Bellot may be readily available, but in calibers other than .32 ACP in which I have used it, but 7.62x25, .357 Magnum and .303 British in particular, case life was NOT good and I lost 25% to mouth splits on the first reload firing. This isn't to say their .32 ACP brass is suspect, but it is something to watch out for.

I have Fiocchi, Magtech (CBC), Remington, Winchester, Geco and RWS .32 ACP brass which has been reloaded, recovered repeatedly on an indoor range, and reloaded several times, and have had no issues. The RWS, Geco and Fiocchi brass seems to be the most uniform and of high quality, whereas the others are "acceptable," as it is a matter of what you can get.

I would not turn down any reloadable .32 ACP brass, but S-B would not be my first choice if there was anything else.

Boolit Master

I just looked at Midway, just because. They have some, but it's not cheap. Orisolo on the site here managed to get me some, at a much better price. And, I will make myself a shell catcher so they don't get away. Back in the '80s, someone came up with a shell catcher that attached the right grip frame. I looked at that, and said to myself, 'Self, you can make one for free!' So I took a couple of discarded coat hangers, and after a couple of tries, I made the appropriate frame. I then stapled the butt portion of one of the ol' ladies panty hose to it, tied off the legs, and then went out to give it a try. It worked remarkably well with my 1911, and my .380 Gov't model. I was looking for something in the back room this evening, and literally stumbled it. I will make use of it. It's easier than straining my eyes, and my back, trying to collect those little cases.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeym1a View Post
    I just looked at Midway, just because. They have some, but it's not cheap. Orisolo on the site here managed to get me some, at a much better price. And, I will make myself a shell catcher so they don't get away. Back in the '80s, someone came up with a shell catcher that attached the right grip frame. I looked at that, and said to myself, 'Self, you can make one for free!' So I took a couple of discarded coat hangers, and after a couple of tries, I made the appropriate frame. I then stapled the butt portion of one of the ol' ladies panty hose to it, tied off the legs, and then went out to give it a try. It worked remarkably well with my 1911, and my .380 Gov't model. I was looking for something in the back room this evening, and literally stumbled it. I will make use of it. It's easier than straining my eyes, and my back, trying to collect those little cases.
    I think we need photos of that in use!

Boolit Master
    I am reloading for the 32 Pardini so I have utmost accuracy in mind. All 32 ACP cases taper to a smaller size inside the case about .280 or so inside the case. I wanted to find cases that were the taper was the deepest so they wouldn't deform the bullets that had to go in the case about.300. I measured a lot and noticed that the Remington and the CBC's were so close that while using a micrometer that measures the brass neck thickness I couldn't tell which I was measuring and the neck thickness of the two was the most even of all brands. I also was expanding them a lot so I could use lead bullets without swaging my bullets down. Still, all the manufacturers typically will expand unevenly with more expansion on one side than on the other. I now go with CBC because I think it is as good as any and it is cheaper. If you find some used of any brand, go ahead and use them because I don't see enough difference in the brass to care about, especially in a typical 32 ACP which usually is short barreled with a short sighting radius and difficult to be accurate with anyway.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    I think we need photos of that in use!
    Well, here it is.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shell catcher1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	92325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shell catcher2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	92326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shell catcher3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	92327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shell catcher4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	92328

Couldn't show the pantyhose in their previous job. No photos of that. And she walked away long ago. It was a cute butt, at the time. Age is a horrible thing. The job was a bit crude, but, it worked surprisingly well. It also worked with my CZ 52, which would fling the cases a good 30 ft aft and right. It took ....darn, got distracted and that thought just drifted away. sigh. Oh, now I remember. It took a bit of getting used to, and I do need to modify the grip, but, saved me a bunch of shells.

Boolit Master
    AND .32ACP can be shot in Ruger single sixes and not get lost .....

Boolit Buddy
    haven't bought new brass for it. just buying range brass. No real need for new brass. Have a revolver and semi.
    Looking for: 32acp mold-- 22 hornet jwords-- 7.62x54r- jwords, boolits, mold-- 7x57 brass, mold---7.62 Nagant-brass-- 8x56r-brass, jwords-- any old firearm laying around ( I'm starting to take gun smithing classes, and I'm looking for pieces I can work on, PM me with your details)

Poor execution of a problem on your part doesn't constitute a problem on mine.

13/14 Trapping season
    Coon-1
    Grinner-3
    Squirrel-3

Quote Originally Posted by Mohillbilly View Post
    AND .32ACP can be shot in Ruger single sixes and not get lost .....
    I shoot it in my 327 Ruger BH .It is semi rim.Otherwise I shoot them in my Kel tec P32 .But I get once fired cases.And found enough for all i want .GB is one of the places I had found some in the past and also some gun shows.I use what ever I find also there is one make that the shell holder need to be different from the rest of them,I do not remember what make it is but.I know that i could not use the same shell holder.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    That net reminds me of a small fish tank net, about the same dimensions on a metal frame. How did you attach the frame to the gun or did you just hold it somehow against the grip?
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations