Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: It's an "I've learned my lesson!" thread. Tell us one thing that you won't do again?

Boolit Bub
    I will never try to enhance any type of firework with gun powder again. I cut a small hole in a mortar shell and put all the powder used for the propellant. Since there was a lot of room left I grabbed a can of Winchester powder from dads loading bench and filled it up. When it went off it sounded like a cannon blew the window out I the side of the house. Also knocked all the leaves off the trees and set the neighbor car alarm off. It was very colorful.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Marry again. I married my prom date we raised some kids and she spent 2-5K more than we made every yr w/o paying the bills. The 2nd go around I married a mortgage banker. She could get a dollar out of a quarter as needed but she just couldn't believe she actually had the prince that would sell a kidney to trasplant half his liver in her kids...... both were tall coke bottle shaped slightly top heavy and nice to look at,seems like ultimately they both just used me to get what they wanted. Now there's a GF we hang out go to the hills and ponds but she doesn't get the whole package.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Moderator Emeritus

Jut had dsl put in. Telephone guy had to run a new line because I haven't had phone service for a couple year. Raining hard as he is stripping wires with his teeth, at that time the office did the ring test he had called in and asked for... he was wet and grounder to my antenna system(ham radio so my ground system is big). He sorta danced for a bit before he managed to get the wires off his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by timspawn View Post
    Been there. I believe it rings up right at 90 volts. Damn near wet myself in a customers house. Always used my strippers after that.

Boolit Buddy
    I will never again try and smash a beer can with my forehead and continue trying to smash it until it flattens. One day I'll have to explain the crescent shaped scar on my forehead to my kids.

I will never take an axe to a full can of spray paint again. I painted myself entirely pink from the waist up. You know how long it takes to get spray paint off skin?

Nor will I volunteer to stand in front of two of my friends with a water balloon slingshot. Watch your best friend take a water ballon to the neck from a two man crewed slingshot, and try not to cringe.

Nor will I ever try and shatter a whiskey bottle with my fist. It will shatter eventually, just don't look at your hand afterwards.

In Remembrance
    Geesh Comrade Mike, it is a good thing you got into guns, well maybe... lol

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Two Tracks View Post
    Hit a 12 ga. primer with a hammer and drift punch. When I was quite young, I found one of dad's 12 ga. shells and decided to find out how they worked and what they were made of. I opened up the front of the shell and poured out the shot, I then put the shell in the vice and got the old hammer and punch. When I hit the shell, there was quite the explosion and a whistling past my right ear. The hammer and punch went flying also. I had a slight burn on my right hand and had trouble hearing for awhile. I never did that again............
    The only difference in my experience was using a 16D nail instead of a punch. And still remember the ringing in my ears!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Geesh Comrade Mike, it is a good thing you got into guns, well maybe... lol
    Haha young and stupid. What can I say?

Boolit Master
    Buy a gallon of cheap wine as a bravery enhancer and then go rattlesnake hunting with a buddy of mine.
    After dark.
    With flashlights.
    Digging through old fallen down cabins and barns.
    Don't know which was worse, looking for snakes or getting there in his '73 Ford 4WD.
    And then coiling up the dead snakes at the local barroom door just to watch the action.
    During which time we were seeing whether my pickup or his would win the pushing contest, behind the bar and next to the motel. All was fun until the motel guests called the police at 2 in the morning.

Good thing we were friends with the local law enforcement in town, they just encouraged us to take our games elsewhere. A couple of them still get free boolits from me, I still owe them for that night.

Boolit Mold
    Will not crawl under Weedburner electric fence with a 16" Crescent wrench in my hip pocket, seems that wrench will be sticking straight up!! Please don't ask me how I know. Lonzo

Never argue logic with daughters or wife, it just gives you a headache.

Never try to explain the logic & reason for your new gun purchase to the wife.
    She'll never understand and you'll just get another headache explaining it to her.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by bbs70 View Post
    never argue logic with daughters or wife, it just gives you a headache.

She'll never understand and you'll just get another headache explaining it to her.
    you got that right!!
    What would you have if you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked the Lord for today?

Boolit Grand Master
    If you want it, and you have the money; buy it. That gun will be gone when you come back Tuesday.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I won't use acetone as a field expedient charcoal lighter fluid. Gasoline is flammable; acetone is highly flammable. Boy howdy, is it ever!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bbs70 View Post
    Never argue logic with daughters or wife, it just gives you a headache.

30 some years ago my wife & I had pretty much the same argument, it went something like this;

Her; " Why do you need so many guns?"

Me; "Why do you need so many pot, pans and skillets?"

End of argument.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Bub
    fall a sleep on top of the pool table. never let the bouncer take you out the back door. things I wont do again.

Don't tell anyone you sold punch card voting machines after the 2000 Florida elections...I didn't want my Mother to know...it would have hurt her terribly and disappointed her...she thought I was still playing piano in a house of ill repute.

Boolit Master

Dont ever sell a Beautiful 6" Colt Python for $500 because you want to get the new stainless one. My dad told me to never sell a gun, but I sold it anyway - then never got the stainless one. Now I have nothing but regrets...

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    30 some years ago my wife & I had pretty much the same argument, it went something like this;

Her; " Why do you need so many guns?"

Me; "Why do you need so many pot, pans and skillets?"

End of argument.
    We don't really have arguments over such things, but I told her the same thing you did about the pots and pans.
    She just shakes her head and says that's different.
    And I go about my way and get the gun.

Get married...
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

I told my 10 ear old son last night Hey before yo do something you may think is stupid ASK me First I propably already did it and can save you the hurt. He said yeah i know grandma told me about you. Like when you got drunk and puked out your bedroom windowl, august 10 1985 i remember that date real good. I asked him what other dirt you got on me He says LOTSgrandma told me LOL

Dang kid