Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: Front ramp base for a Rossi

Boolit Buddy

Front ramp base for a Rossi

Anyone know of a front ramp base for a Rossi 92? The front sight I have is .500 tall so it would hit P.O.A. I think it would be a cosmetic improvement if I installed a ramp base and a shorter sight. I've seen the Marbles base but don't see how it would fill the dove tail. Is anyone making replacement stocks for these yet? Some fancy wood, would be nice also.

Iniustus lex est non lex
    Melior morior in vestri pes quam ago in vestri genu
    Semper Paratus, Semper Fortis

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater
    "Never argue with an idiot.They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    ANON

Boolit Grand Master

Ramps mostly either solder on or screw on. You will need to have a base gunsmith installed unless you can find an old dovetail to screw adapter.

Boolit Buddy
    Because of the front barrel band on Rossi 92 you will have trouble mounting a ramp. The barrel band is very close to the dovetail and requires you to grind off the front edge of most replacement sights...the Rossi isn't made to have a ramp.

Boolit Buddy

Should have given more detail, sorry. I have the 44 magnum with the 24 inch octagon barrel. No barrel band involved.

Iniustus lex est non lex
    Melior morior in vestri pes quam ago in vestri genu
    Semper Paratus, Semper Fortis

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater
    "Never argue with an idiot.They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    ANON