MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impending CA lead hunting ban - Ever cast with pure tin?

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    To CA residents that have fought, these types of comments are offensive...
    Ah men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Weddle View Post
    MDI,
    How often did you run into firearms owners who sat on the fence?
    Or gun owners who that thought a new law controlling firearms, ammo, hunting, or wildlife protection was OK?
    It didn't effect them, wan't so bad, a permit was OK.....and so on.
    Don't know about mdi but never. Not in this part are California. Even if there all people that fit that description around here, and I'm sure there are, they are probably not gun owners or locals....and they're not going to admit it because they are the minority.

To CA residents that have fought, these types of comments are offensive...
    That is fine if CA residents think it offensive. I find it offensive the CA residents can't even take care of things in their own state and therefore it effects everyone else in the entire country. If CA problems would stay in CA I could care less. I would like nothing more than to not have to follow or be concerned with what is happening in CA.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HNSB View Post
    What's the penalty going to be for using lead?

If it's low enough, I'd just keep on using it.
    First of all they will take your gun(s).

It's the Department of Fish and Wildlife in California. Says a lot.

Not all Californians agree with Sacramento. Google the "State of Jefferson"
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Bigslug:

Checking the Density of metals, it looks like Gold, Silver, Lead, Mercury, Platinum, Tungston and Uranium are out due to Toxcity, cost or availability. That means you'll have to focus on those metals (and/or alloys) that are found in the 7.0 to 9.0 Density Range on the Chart Below.

I am sure that there will be an emerging market for "California Legal" hunting ammunition over the next 5 years, but the cost will be so expensive that many will cease to hunt. I forecast $50.00 to $125.00 per box of 20 rounds. Driving the cost of ammunition beyond the means of the average citizen to afford it is one of the goals of the "Statist" gun banning groups, this in my opinion is just another example of an area selected for implementation of that agenda. For all reading, be warned, this will be coming to an area near you in the future.

As a community (Cast Boolits) we may have to start looking into Swaging Copper projectiles. It is technically feasible, but not with the equipment we are currently using. The idea of Swaging "Sintered" copper is not new, as Corbin has made sintered copper available for some time; but costs are way too high for the wallets of most of us. Swage Presses and Dies that can take scrap copper wire is where I foresee we will have to go eventually, unless we can see a way to knock the State and Federal EPA other Agencies back on their heals with a return to reasonableness where they are "Civil Servants" not "Civil Masters".

Apologize for mixing the technical answer, and the political/voodo science drivers into the discussion, but they have become inseparable because of the actions of those who wish to control the individual and their legitimate pursuits by making those pursuits illegal; or too costly for the average citizen to pursue.

Mustang

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Metals Density.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	85790
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 10-29-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    The problem is easily solved. Shoot the hell out of your regular cast boolits for practice at the range.

For hunting shoot babbit metal. Buy a couple pounds of the babbit alloy you favor after review of its cost and properties, including hardness. Save the data, cast enough to assure yourself of accuracy and related.......Then use it to hunt. Carry a copy of the certified composition you bought and on the chance you get checked ......let nature take its course and sue the *astards if neccessary. I've shot 50/50 tin solder, and use tin/copper solder now for lead alloying...and babbit too for alloying. If a 12 yo kid can kill a deer at 15 yards with a 35 pound pull bow, an experienced hunter is in like flint with a babbit bullet.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master

Doesn't babbit contain some lead?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Weddle View Post
    MDI,
    How often did you run into firearms owners who sat on the fence?
    Or gun owners who that thought a new law controlling firearms, ammo, hunting, or wildlife protection was OK?
    It didn't effect them, wan't so bad, a permit was OK.....and so on.
    Rarely. And that was in the "urbanite mecca" of Los Angeles. At least the voting age adults that could think for themselves.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    That is fine if CA residents think it offensive. I find it offensive the CA residents can't even take care of things in their own state and therefore it effects everyone else in the entire country. If CA problems would stay in CA I could care less. I would like nothing more than to not have to follow or be concerned with what is happening in CA.
    Another misinformed poster...

Mt 'pap always said "If ya don't know wat yer talkin' 'bout, keep yer mouth shut!"
    Last edited by mdi; 10-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Another misinformed poster...

Mt 'pap always said "If ya don't know wat yer talkin' 'bout, keep yer mouth shut!"
    You really need to do some research of past history on the subject and whom pioneered some of BS that bled to other states and even affected things on a federal level. Your pap was probably talking to you when he said that, you just could not make the connection. But I am sure you will have more excuses for that as well. Keep in mind after a while you will run out of states to escape to.
    Last edited by dkf; 10-30-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    Not the expensive Tin based babbit like Grade 1, Grade 3 Grade 11 and etc.

Boolit Bub
    Fact is the residents of California....... Blaw, blaw, blaw....
    So your saying that America deserved Obama and Obamacare? That the girl was raped because she wore her clothes too tight?

Stop blaming the victim, help us fight it here or expect it to spread.

Remember H. L. Mencken
    Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

I do what I can but the residents of CA have more pull within that state than I do. It can be just as frustrating for the outsiders as it can be for some of the residents. Plus there are battles to be fought within the state I reside, on a local level and then the federal level. We all face challenges and have a lot of left in our own states to deal with.

Boolit Grand Master

"You really need to do some research of past history on the subject and whom pioneered some of BS that bled to other states and even affected things on a federal level. Your pap was probably talking to you when he said that, you just could not make the connection. But I am sure you will have more excuses for that as well. Keep in mind after a while you will run out of states to escape to."

Once again, you don't know what you're talking about. Sure, CA does a lot of stupid things, but it's the idiots in your state that will follow along like sheeple. Not every anti-gun law originated in CA, look at some of the New England states. CA politicians aren't concerned about what happens in your state and does not "export" any legislation. And as I said my previous posts, non-hunters/anti-gunners outnumber the hunters/shooters by a huge volume, and politicians don't pay any attention to low number voters.

I've never been to Nebraska, don't know anyone who lives there, but let me tell you all about it...
    Last edited by mdi; 10-30-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

I have been fighting this from day one. The Lead Ban recently passed and signed by Brown is open ended. F&G has 5 years to implement or they also have the option to completely dump the law if it directly affects their funding.

We all know the science behind this law is pure BS, but it is a fact of life now until the country swings back to the right.

Lying is now OK and the First Amendment guarantees that right. (I personally do not believe it gives you the right to outright lie to the American People and especially if you are a public servant.) Look at our President lying virtually everytime he opens his mouth. It is as obvious as the fact that he is a complete *****, however look at all the stupid people who not only voted for him but actually believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

If you talk to people on the street and ask them which Health Care Plan they support ,,, "Obamacare" or the "Affordable Care Act." they will invariably pick one or the other so they think they don't look stupid!

The biggest threat to our society is the "uninformed voter." This is a person who votes but has no idea what he is voting for.. I personally think they should have to answer questions on the issues and Candidates before they could vote on them.

WE live in a society, where by definition, half of the people are below average intelligence. I would submit that a lot of the ones above the cutoff line are not that smart either.

I have put forward in CA that if F&G or the Greenies are really concerned about the health of Condors then why not have hunters that kill Deer not gut the animal in the field OR dump the gutpile into a plastic bag and bring it out along with the deer and dispose of the bag in an approved manner.

This would completely alleviate the possibility of Condors getting lead poisoning from hunters boolits!

Now who in the left community could ever possibly disagree with this solution if they were actually concerned with the health of Condors and not trying to ban hunting?

Then the truth would come out.

As far as people in other states chastising us for not fighting for our rights, you can kiss my ****! Our state is ran by only two counties, LA and Alameda(SF). Both are completely controlled by the left and the unions who have ruined this state.

Unseating them could only be accomplished by mass murder. This could only happen if there was a war fought on American soil which has not happened for 150 years, but not a bad idea.

If you really want to help, then demand that the RNC start funding candidates in CA again. They call me looking for money and I ask how much of my money is going to CA candidates and they tell me "NONE CA is a lost cause and we're not funding it!" They only want to fund political fights in "Battle Ground States" that they lose anyway. Obama won every single Battleground State in the last election. So much for funding losers!

I tell them "FU!!!"

And you're right what happens here does bleed off into other states where liberals run the show.

How come you're letting liberals run YOUR state?

Could it be you got out voted by stupid people just like we do? DUH?

I do get sick of hearing this same yap from people who don't live here but blame us for their woes. If you're not going to help us then STFU!

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 10-30-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

You could PC them and only carry a few, or carry some of both and only show the legal ones. How many people can they afford to pay to search you all? I would take a chance, but i'll never live in ca.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    <snipped>
    I do get sick of hearing this same yap from people who don't live here but blame us for their woes. If you're not going to help us then STFU!

Very well spoke!

As for the people behind the lead ban.....

You all need to look much deeper into the exact people who champion anti-hunting and lead bans and other anti-gun causes. They all seem to be related. They are virtually all ~leftists~. I don't use the word "liberal" as that is not what they are. The very deepest root of their impetus lies in the dogma of Marxism.

Too many of you guys use words like "wacko" to describe these leftists. They aren't wackos. They are very focused and educated organizers. They play word games to a degree that most conservatives get lost trying to argue against their intellectual gobblygook.

If you start googling the names on this list you'll learn a lot more about the enemy.
    http://www.humanesociety.org/about/leadership/

http://www.humanesociety.org/about/l...directors.html

Jennifer Fearing. State Director of Humane Society---- She was one of those behind the change from Fish & Game to Fish & Wildlife... Why? Because she is a diehard VEGAN. She was heavily involved in the legislative effort (successful) to ban dogs from being used in hunting.
    http://www.humanesociety.org/about/l...r_fearing.html

Fish & Wildlife Commission:
    http://www.fgc.ca.gov/public/information/bios.aspx

Fearing has been a REPUBLICAN but I think she was a leftist mole. She sleeps with dogs. She gets up with fleas.
    http://www.humanewatch.org/person/jennifer_fearing/

Jennifer Fearing, Humane Society State Director, Pushes Animal Welfare In California
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1091350.html

Jennifer Fearing | Vegan Consultant
    www.veganconsultant.com/tag/jennifer-fearing/‎
    May 21, 2011 - Hello vegan friends, I have exciting news! Over the weekend I had the pleasure of meeting Nathan Runkle the Executive Director of Mercy for ...

Animal Advocate Jennifer Fearing - VegFamily
    www.vegfamily.com/news/animal-advocate.htm‎
    Apr 20, 2009 - The Magazine for Vegan ... Animal Advocate Jennifer Fearing ... 2, Jennifer Fearing took an 80% pay cut to become the Humane Society's ...

You guys spend some time reading up on these VEGAN organizations. They aren't what you think they are. They are anti-hunting activists. You won't believe how much until you actually do the homework.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/vegan/pages-named

If you read nothing else I've posted--- read this. It is a most revealing look into Jennifer Fearing and what she does and how she does it. Its frightening.

http://www.humanewatch.org/guest_col...sus_lobby_day/

The Animal Liberation Front and Earth Liberation Front love Jennifer Fearing.

知彼知己,百戰不殆;不知彼而知己,一勝一負;不知彼,不知己,每戰必殆

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Boolit Master
    This thread makes me sad.

Boolit Mold
    Instead of taking your ball and going home why don't you and your fellow Californian's try and get this **** changed? I have never seen residents of a state just bend over and take it like residents of California. It is like they have no fight in them whatsoever.
    You don't get it because you've never been a subject there. There are almost no pro-2a friendly politicians around while there are actually large grassroots movements. But in a state of nearly 40,000,000 people, it's tough for a minority to fight these draconian laws, especially when the media labels us as mass murderers.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    Not neccessarily, try something like 'Babbit metal, WIKI" on your search. BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master
    Very well said Sir.

May I add that the lead bad was started right after Condor Soft Shell (most nesting sites sit about equal in elevation to smog levels, exposing them to toxins like lead) sudies came out. These studies showed CA was killings its own condors through pollution and was at the top of the media for about two years. Then new studies came out showing condors (majestic word for big garbage eating buzzard) eating a tiny scrap of lead and dying because of big mean hunters!

The media in CA wants all hunting and shooting stopped by any means. Discrediting scientists because thier scientificly backed theory doesnt follow your agenda is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I have been fighting this from day one. The Lead Ban recently passed and signed by Brown is open ended. F&G has 5 years to implement or they also have the option to completely dump the law if it directly affects their funding.

We all know the science behind this law is pure BS, but it is a fact of life now until the country swings back to the right.

Lying is now OK and the First Amendment guarantees that right. (I personally do not believe it gives you the right to outright lie to the American People and especially if you are a public servant.) Look at our President lying virtually everytime he opens his mouth. It is as obvious as the fact that he is a complete *****, however look at all the stupid people who not only voted for him but actually believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

If you talk to people on the street and ask them which Health Care Plan they support ,,, "Obamacare" or the "Affordable Care Act." they will invariably pick one or the other so they think they don't look stupid!

The biggest threat to our society is the "uninformed voter." This is a person who votes but has no idea what he is voting for.. I personally think they should have to answer questions on the issues and Candidates before they could vote on them.

WE live in a society, where by definition, half of the people are below average intelligence. I would submit that a lot of the ones above the cutoff line are not that smart either.

I have put forward in CA that if F&G or the Greenies are really concerned about the health of Condors then why not have hunters that kill Deer not gut the animal in the field OR dump the gutpile into a plastic bag and bring it out along with the deer and dispose of the bag in an approved manner.

This would completely alleviate the possibility of Condors getting lead poisoning from hunters boolits!

Now who in the left community could ever possibly disagree with this solution if they were actually concerned with the health of Condors and not trying to ban hunting?

Then the truth would come out.

As far as people in other states chastising us for not fighting for our rights, you can kiss my ****! Our state is ran by only two counties, LA and Alameda(SF). Both are completely controlled by the left and the unions who have ruined this state.

Unseating them could only be accomplished by mass murder. This could only happen if there was a war fought on American soil which has not happened for 150 years, but not a bad idea.

If you really want to help, then demand that the RNC start funding candidates in CA again. They call me looking for money and I ask how much of my money is going to CA candidates and they tell me "NONE CA is a lost cause and we're not funding it!" They only want to fund political fights in "Battle Ground States" that they lose anyway. Obama won every single Battleground State in the last election. So much for funding losers!

I tell them "FU!!!"

And you're right what happens here does bleed off into other states where liberals run the show.

How come you're letting liberals run YOUR state?

Could it be you got out voted by stupid people just like we do? DUH?

Randy