Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone learning Guitar?

Boolit Master
    Don't learn on a right handed guitar like Doyle Bramhall II. He left it strung for a righty so he plays upside down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq5oCP5f1PU

Mark Knopfler is a left hander that learned to play righty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2rx3IAEISA

Gary Moore - a player barely known in the States.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_YMLDvvnw
    Last edited by EDG; 10-03-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    EDG

Put a mirror in front of the TV.

As a science geek I went to heavy metal clubs in my youth beings that is the genre of music I preferred, and watching the favors offered to rockers from the matriarchal gender I ended up mastering the electric guitar in 6 months. I was deemed a World Class guitarist by my peers in just short of a year.
    I did befriend fellow rocker Randy Castillo in Den CO drummer of the Offenders and the Wamblies and we both discussed egressing our AO for more lucrative music venues in CA.
    Randy left to CA and ended up being gainfully employed with Lita Ford and later a band called Ozzie Osborne. He later died in 02 of cancer at 50 years old. He was a chain smoker and I'm sure smokey clubs full of carcinogens exacerbated the problem.
    I though have squandered all my talents post and past chasing skirt........
    I have no regrets as I found the lot of them to be extremely effeminate and look back on them all and feel they were a bunch of closeted cupcakes.
    With that, keep your fingernails short and get a squeezy ball as most use the acoustic guitar to strengthen their hands for playing the electric.
    I also played a Martin I bought for $300.00 from some tweaker also back then.
    The guitars now a days a junk. The necks are now 2 piece and scarf joined and most music shop no longer carry neck throughs due to the prices.
    Last edited by Just Duke; 10-03-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Boolit Master
    Hi Duke,
    Interesting and funny! I don't think I'll master the guitar in a year though! It is turning out to be fun and my fingers quite hurting as much,now they are just sort of numb. Supposedly my beginner Fender (Made in China) has a dovetail neck thats suppose to be a good thing? A guitar guy at a shop told me I would want something better after about a year but that will depend on my progress!

I think Lita Ford lives down the road from me in the Tampa area,and remember her and Ozzie doing some songs together? Of course like they say if you can remember the 70's you weren't there!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi Duke,
    Interesting and funny! I don't think I'll master the guitar in a year though! It is turning out to be fun and my fingers quite hurting as much,now they are just sort of numb. Supposedly my beginner Fender (Made in China) has a dovetail neck thats suppose to be a good thing? A guitar guy at a shop told me I would want something better after about a year but that will depend on my progress!

I think Lita Ford lives down the road from me in the Tampa area,and remember her and Ozzie doing some songs together? Of course like they say if you can remember the 70's you weren't there!
    Give me a jingle and lets talk axes. BTW That Pawn Star dude, the smarter one of the four hangs out at my friends heavy metal club we frequent here in Vegas. The name of the club is Vamp'd. Jake E. Lee from Ozzie hangs there also. and we sit at the table of the keyboardist of a band called Stix. Well one of the keyboardist at least.
    I'm told owner that he does the Counting Cars show but I don't watch much TV.
    Give this link time to load. https://www.google.com/maps?layer=c&...d=0CLABEKAfMAk

I have this one on my Ebay watch list along with a copper snakeskin version. It's a Jackson custom shop with an Alder body. I can't seem to find the Blue Bengal Jackson Kelly though. I prefer neck trough the body guitars as it's easier to hit the higher frets for some good Malmstein licks.
    Jackson moved to AZ from what I have been told.

Attachment 83433
    Attachment 83434

I need to sell one of my homes first though.
    Last edited by Just Duke; 10-18-2013 at 03:43 AM.

I'll find the pic of the Snakeskin guitar.

Got it! Coupled with a Mesa Boogie or cheaper yet Line 6 amp and you have that crunchy Metallica/Megadeath sound. I met both bands several times.

Last edited by Just Duke; 10-04-2013 at 04:02 PM.

She really went know where. She can't sing unless they run her through a voice synthesizer. She would have done better if she had Gaga's voice.

Forgot to add the acoustic guitar is a gateway instrument.

Tmi? .....

Boolit Buddy
    Grand-Ma got Sean an Electric Guitar for his Birth day and He had been trying to learn on My Daughters Acoustic for a bit, Then WE found this guy --> http://www.guitarjamz.com/bgs_lessons/lesson1.php And he signed up for a free Email thing and after about a month hes playing all manor of stuff (Classic rock) Kids got some taste at least haha,, But Check out the link-ie and he makes it fun as your making tunes you know right away so better then when i tried to learn worth a look,, Hope you get something from the email deal thats offered, dont buy anything the mail will have ya playing real fast,,

Patrick
    Trust in God and Keep your Powder Dry ~ Oliver Cromwell

It's Said Republicans want to Pour all your Money down the Drain,,
    Where as the Democrats want a Bigger Drain,

Please Give me 24 to 48 Hours to respond to PM, Thank You

My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter!

I love the guitar and own several. It is harder than casting and loading though!!!
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Banned
    I'm 59, been playing off and on since I was 16. Follow Harry's lead, and you'll do ok.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5duKNV8wPqk

Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    It is harder than casting and loading though!!!
    I find guitar much easier that's for sure.

I guess I won't post a pic of the George Lynch J-Frog guitar then.

Boolit Master
    Marty schwartz videos on You Tube are great. If you have an ipad, e-media guitar method is great and Marty's videos can be had in series. Beginner Guitar, Blues guitar, and solo guitat are the names of the aps. I teach guitar and band for a living. My kids love the schwarts series. We have 8 complete songs now including solos and have played since August. PM me your favorite Genre and I can send you some attainable songs you can learn inside a week. Once you get a couple under your fingers, it just gets easier from there. I am a lefty but play right handed. No big deal there just everything is mirrored.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Thanks fellas,I'll have to check out Marty as he has been endorsed here by a few of you! I just got a new bike so have been lax in my practice lately but will resume! I was never really into team sports always interested in the things you would actually do to challenge yourself, and Guitar is that!!!
    Last edited by seagiant; 10-13-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I don't play guitar but I do "fiddle with fiddles". I had a major heart attack and triple by-pass at the ripe old age of 43. During rehab, I was asked by the nurses what I was going to do as I recovered. I had always been fascinated with those who could fiddle and old time fiddling. I told 'em I was going to learn how to fiddle. The guy on the exercise bike asked me if I had a fiddle. I told him "no". He said "I'll bring my Dad's and give it to you the next time we have rehab class". I was blown away and he insisted that he had no use for it, he had to listen to it all the time he was growing up and could care less if he ever heard fiddle music again. Long story short, I took some classes and learned to play. It has given me so much enjoyment and even though I can't read music, I can pick up tunes fairly fast. I went to a workshop many years ago at Elkins-Davis College in WV and it was the best thing I ever did. Moral of the story? Don't give up and don't get discouraged - you'll learn the guitar - and just remember it's supposed to be fun! Don't be too critical of yourself as it takes time to learn any musical instrument. Play with others and watch their techniques, ask lots of questions and just have fun! Sharing and learning from others is what it's all about! Good luck to you - looks like you have a mighty fine guitar.

Boolit Master
    Hi Bedbug,
    Nice story and sounds like good advice! Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone check out the Loog guitar? Three strings, build yourself, easy to learn the basics. Cool story how it came to be as well!