WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 30 Years ago this weekend..........

Boolit Buddy

30 Years ago this weekend..........

30 years ago this weekend my lovely wife and I tied the knot. Last weekend my son and his lovely wife also tied the knot. I admit that it hasn't all been skittles and beer, but the good times greatly eclipse the not so good times.
    At my son's wedding my wife and I were asked what was our secret to 30 years and without hesitation we both replied "We never go to bed mad at each other". There was a couple times that I went to work without any sleep the night before, but to tell the truth that has not happened in the last 25 years.
    A month or so ago my son called me with a request, the kids wanted 2 nice bottles of wine for a wedding present. One to drink on their first anniversary, and one bottle in a nice box, They are going to write letters to each other and place them in the box. If they ever get to the point that they want to split up, they are going to open the wine and read the letters that they wrote before the wedding. Now I don't know diddly squat about wine, so I asked a friend who does and he set me up with 2 bottles of a nice rose, but neither one was boxed. A neighbor lady was wanting to do anything she could to help out with the wedding, and I asked her if she could find a nice wooden box that would hold a bottle of wine. I don't know where she found it, but a couple of days later I came home from work to find one sitting on the back porch.
    Neither one of these fine people would take a dime for what they did for me and my son (and his lovely wife). When the kids get back from their honeymoon, I will let them know that if they ever feel the need to open the second bottle I will replace it whenever they need it...
    Best wishes Ian and Racheal,
    Dad.
    Last edited by Zymurgy50; 08-31-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Boolit Master

Best wishes to all, we need more of you guys who stick together and show the kids how its done. Good times and bad,always by each others side, way to go good for you!.

Boolit Master

Music to my ears! Plans to resolve differences and not dissolve a marriage. Doesn't happen much anymore.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Man

That really is an impressive story, Z. Thanks for sharing it.

Best wishes till death do you part for both you and your son's families.
    Trochilids, Living in The Great Land

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams, February 6, 1788.
    "Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?" -- Patrick Henry, 1836.

Very neat story. I said a prayer for their marriage and yours also.
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

The letters and the wine are great idea. 25 years for wifey and me, the good times definitely out weigh the bad. Best wishes to all.
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Boolit Grand Master
    I hit 25 years in 9 days. Would be lost without her.

Boolit Grand Master

Good thread! Good idea! We are past 50 and not counting!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master

20 years last May. We don't always get along but I am getting better at ignoring things that don't really matter. Just because someone says/does something that you think is stupid doesn't meant you have to tell them!

Wife and I got married 28 years ago Oct 12. We get along great these days. We have been divorced for 7 years! We are still friends.
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

Nice story for sure. I like that they are thinking ahead for resolve. It has been 26 years this year for my bride and I. She's supported most every hair brained idea I've had or at least talked sense into me when I'm too stupid. I'd do it the same all over again!
    Jeepyj
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Great story with the wine. Mama Bear and I are on 46 and counting. Our kids are at 20, 17, and 14 and all are in committed strong relationships. God has blessed our family.

I tell everyone that if Mama leaves me, I am going with her!
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    TODAY is 29 years, and while it hasn't always been easy, it has been good. I do love my wife!!!

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    If we both live until tomorrow we will have been married for 46 years! Tomorrow is also my wife's ??th birthday

We were married a few days after I arrived back home from AF Basic Training & Tech School. After having been married for only 3 weeks I left headed to an assignment in Viet Nam.

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin