Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: 223 mold

Boolit Bub

223 mold

Looking for a good mold to cast for my AR. Missed the 22 GB earlier this year. Any recommendations or suggestions??
    SSG Tenney 11B3P "Only the dead have seen the end of war" ~George Santayana~

Try NOE I got a 225-55 from him, and so far it seems to be pretty good.

Boolit Master

We have several Vendor Sponsors here at CB. Toward the bottom of the forums page is where you will find their forum. They all have good stuff just depends on what you want.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    I bought the Lee Bator mold from MidsouthShooters awhile back. It's a 6-cavity model and you sure can produce a lot of bullets in a short time with it. I was going to say to just place an order for it and allow it to sit on backorder until they finally get it in, but it turns out the they are not allowing any backorders on it right now. I guess the only thing to do is just check there every day. Good luck...

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...=0000622BATOR6
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Buddy
    drew, 8/29/13

Check out NOE molds (www.noebulletmolds.com). I have one of their 225-70 grain molds that I use in my LMT AR. I've got about 500 trouble free rounds through it so far. I size, gas check, heat treat and pan lube. Velocities run in the 1900-2000 range before becoming unstable. I just checked and they still have the 3 banger and 4 banger in stock. Good luck.

oldandslow

Moderator Emeritus

HM˛
    search member JTknives for his GB in S&S
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Try NOE I got a 225-55 from him, and so far it seems to be pretty good.
    +1 on that. I have the RCBS 55 gr. version. Love it.

Boolit Bub
    So you guys are buying the .225 and sizing down to .224? I see them on his sight.. What type of sizing die though? My lee .308 sizer does a number on my .309 boolits on occasion
    SSG Tenney 11B3P "Only the dead have seen the end of war" ~George Santayana~

I size then to 225 and I do use my Lee sizer as well as my Lyman.

Visually inspected, checks seated, T/L as per Recluse, sized .226 with a Lee .225 honed out die, T/L 2nd time.
    The .225 bullets with the long unsupported noses seam to be limited in velocity based on the twist of the bbl.
    IHMSA # 566 "time sure flies when you're having FUN"

Boolit Grand Master

If your AR has a 9" or faster twist a 60-70 cast will serve you best.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    I pan lube, apply gas checks as a separate stage and then run them through my Lee .224" sizer.
    Last edited by Boolseye; 09-04-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Has anyone tried the Lee Bator bullits in AR's. If so, did you find a load that worked well? I was thinking of doing this but why reinvent the wheel if some else has done it.

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona