WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

Palmetto is to honor my home state of South Carolina and Sunshine is what my mother called my brother and I when we were surly teenagers, thus palmettosunshine.....

Boolit Master
    I'm from Iowa and in the 1960's loved to hunt fox. In those years the deer population was almost non existent. Pheasants were plentiful and next up for me and my friends was fox. We would sling our rifles on a snowy day and walk the farm fields for miles. Today I go out of my way to take good care of the little guys on our property around the house and farms. Couldn't shoot one these days if I had to and enjoy seeing them out and about.

Boolit Mold
    It is my name! Kinda boring, I should have put more thought to it and came up with something interesting.

Always picked greek names for online video games and this is the one that I have used the longest, 12 is my favorite number (wore it in sports and racing), and my avatar is my wife shooting our Ruger #1 in 45-70

Boolit Master

My name is my name. My avatar is me in South Africa on a trip of a lifetime. I shot the impala with my win 94 trapper(45 colt) and a 454424 I cast, loaded over elmer keiths classic load of 18.5 grains of 2400. All the critters I shot on that trip with the winny just died rather suddenly. I am a HUGE fan of the 45 colt and intend to take as many species of game with the caliber as I can before I die. Here is what I've killed with it so far: Snakes,rabbits, jackrabbits, prairie dogs, squirrels,hogs,whitetail deer,pronghorn antelope,warthogs,impala,and Gemsbok.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Master

Me

My handle is fivegunner becouse a big part of my hunting is done with revolvers that hold only five rounds, my avatar is my gas furnace that holds 350 LB`s of lead.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradsnelson View Post
    It is my name! Kinda boring, I should have put more thought to it and came up with something interesting.
    Brad, if you want to change it let someone on staff know, we can do it.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Bub
    i havent picked an avatar yet , but my screen name is simple ... it is the same as my email acount name , keeps it easy to remember .

i chose this name on yahoo because at the time i was using yahoo messenger to video chat with my gal while she was working out of town and i figured if i included something pork related in my id i would be bothered less by the muslums

Boolit Bub
    My screen name should be pretty self-explanatory.

Boolit Master

Haven't figured out an avatar that I feel suits me. My name is kinda like the enfield mark 2 *** type of thing. When I was young I was mikeym. I had some severe health problems in my early 30's, and had to start over, so, mikeym1. When I got divorced some years back, I had to start over again, so now I'm mikeym1a. Plus, I've always wanted an M-1a.

I need to get an avatar, just can't figure one out yet. My name is where I spend a lot of time and there was a little battle there years ago.

My explanation is much too complicated to go into.

Boolit Master
    Smokey was a very sad abuse case we rescued from the animal shelter. He was approx. 75% grey wolf and 25% Belgian Shepherd. He had apparently been tied in a backyard and beaten regularly with a leash. Best we can conjecture from his reactions to other folks; it was likely a hispanic family and dad beat him, mom fed him and kids played with him. He had extremely strong defensive reactions to hispanic adult males.

He trusted my 13 year old son almost immediately, my wife a little less, and me not at all. It took almost 6 months of earning his trust before I could snap a leash onto his collar. He turned out to be one of the best dogs (wolfdog) I've ever had. We had had him about 5 years when he was stolen from our back yard. We searched for him off & on for nearly 2 years.
    He was the smokeywolf.

My avatar is me astride my favorite horse, Stormy. She and I spent a lot of time together babysitting critters for Newhall Land & Cattle. They had had some rustling problems. Rode several parades together.
    Used to patrol Dean Martin's old ranch in 1980-81, which at that time was owned by a highly successful car dealer.
    We got lost in a sudden snow storm (whiteout) in May in the Tehachapi mountains once.
    She developed bone cancer that started at the root of her tail and was working its way up her spine. She was about 15 years old.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Bub

I had a friend in high school that I used to call Otis so he called Gomer. The name stuck until one day a cow-orker call me Gomer and I said,"That is High Lord Gomer to you!" Now, thanks to the interwebs, more people know me as Gomer than Mike.

I took a customer I worked with in Santa Clara, CA to a shooting range and told him about the name. That night apparently he googled me and the next day said, "I''ve never laughed so hard. I've also never heard anyone use hillbilly and penguin in the same sentence."

The thread he found: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/sho...d.php?t=175252

My avatar is me taking off from the same jump where I broke my neck later that year (2004). I still ride occasionally but haven't raced in 4 years.
    Last edited by High Lord Gomer; 08-13-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Jabo is my nickname. Means "Son of Beau " in Jamaican. 52521 is the year I was born (52 twice) and my grandchild status. First born. Ruger SBH first large caliber pistol I bought near 30 years ago. Still my favorite.
    Last edited by jabo52521; 08-13-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Boolit Master

My name is because I'm in the United States Air Force (USAF), and I kinda like it. The avatar is just the best pic I currently had on my iPad.

I wheel/drive Suburbans. Typically shortened to 'bourbon when referencing it. Logically, it then becomes the name of the rig, and "SourMash" seems to fit...

Technically this one I have now is is S.M.III, but since the first was "Clifford" (big red, and powered by a 6.2 so a complete dog) S.M.II he is.

So the screen name is SourMashII, and the unloaded avatar (rectified soon) will be one of his profile shots.

And since we all love Pikshurzzz... Clifford, S.M.I, and S.M.II will all be represented here momentariily.

Clifford

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clifford.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	79142

S.M.I

Name:	208886_3397591180218_780754973_n.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	79143

S.M.II (first will be acquisition, second will be today)

Name:	527443_3554805350474_401702957_n.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	79144

Name:	995693_10200287127442496_513382532_n.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	79145
    Last edited by SourMashII; 08-14-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    My family roots run long and deep in America. I am not a first, second, or third generation American like so many proud Americans are today. NO, they go back MUCH farther than that!

One of my ancestors was a civil engineer in England and crossed the pond in the mid 1600's to survey and lay out the roads in Jamestown. He liked the new land so well he stayed and became a capitalist businessman. My ancestors have been here long before the flag was designed or the Declaration of Independence or Constitution were ever written. Many of my ancestors fought and died in every war America has ever fought to protect what my avatar stands for.

Now, the foundations of this great country I love are crumbling from the repeated attacks of progressive liberals. If you feel an earthquake on the east coast or in the midwest, that is my ancestors.................turning over in their graves.

My family roots are part of what built this great country, a country proudly and fearlessly founded on three things: God, Guns, and Guts. Over the past few years, we are forgetting about the first, trying to ban the second, and have almost completely lost the third.

I pray to God Almighty we will be able to survive until November 2016 and put this great country back on course.

God bless America, land that WE love!
    Stand beside her and guide her
    Through the night with a light from above.
    From the mountains, to the prairies.
    To the oceans white with foam.
    God Bless America......OUR home sweet home!

bangerjim

Aunegl:

Au = Gold
    n = en
    egl = eagle

I had a few experiences with these birds.