MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cancer

Generous Donator

Wink cancer

As some of you may remember I was diagnosed with Melanoma last August.After the treaments are 5/8 done no sign of cancer. Had another CT scan last Monday and it came back clean.

Good news!

Cancer sucks...
    A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Fantastic!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Great news!!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Buddy
    Great news. I finished treatment for prostate cancer a couple of years ago and that is nothing compared to yours but it still felt good to know it was gone.

Boolit Master

Mark, great going. Just hang in there. I know it has been a struggle./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Congratulations, that is awesome news! I had my 5 year follow-up appointment back in February for the tongue cancer I had. As of March 27th, my fifth year anniversary for last radiation treatment, I am officially cured. Hope you are able obtain peace of mind, I know that is still something I am trying to find since my diagnosis.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Good news!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Super! My wife is in remission for Melanoma as present, and I am in first stage prostrate cancer. Think attitude plays a big part on overcoming disease by staying positive. Have always said my goal in life was "to be shot at the age of 115 by the jealous husband of a 21year old bride, as I was going out the window", with the added stipulation that he be a good shot and not just wound me. May have to adjust that goal now to maybe 110.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master

Excellent- congrats!

We still need to go shooting one of these days.

Boolit Master

Mark - After this Tuesday my treatments will be 4/4 done. Hang in there, bud. Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Mark that is great news. I go tomorrow for my 6 month check up. I can't seem to make it five years without the doc finding another one starting. I have had two and another that is not as bad but still cause for concern. Yes attitude is all important. We are going to make it. I like the age 110 idea! Now that is positive thinking.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Congratulations
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Great news!
    Every shot you get in life counts

Boolit Mold
    Congratulation crazy mark. Cancer may complicate our lives but should never define it. I also am recovering from multiple myeloma. Did the radiation and chemo thing which put it in remission. Have had a stem cell transplant which has totally removed it according to the bone marrow biopsy. Made it through all of the treatments without having any side affects and was feeling great . I think they want to make me the poster child. About two weeks later i caught that RS virus and that thing really kicked my butt. Still recovering from the treatment. At age 72 things don't get back to normal very fast.
    As my reward I am getting into BCPR and really enjoying myself
    Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Boolit Buddy

Great news to hear. I am always grateful to hear when anyone overcomes cancer. My mom has beat it twice, but I have also lost many family members to it. Stay strong.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

In Remembrance

I'm hitting the "like" button! Good news!

Boolit Master

Congratulations, my wife just finished the 1st 4 sessions of bad chemo, sick for 3-4 days, weak and worn out for 3 weeks, getting ready to start 12 weeks of "mild chemo". Her hair will start to grow back. Dr. , NP and PA say this is not as bad, we will see, then she has 4-6 weeks of radiation. Know how it is and wish you and everyone else the best, cancer sux.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master

That is great news ! It's not often that a sentence with the word cancer it is good news. Truly happy for you and your family congratulations and thanks for sharing the news. FB

in Remebrance
    Mark, great to hear that you're doing so well! Mine was a 3 year ordeal to get rid of the beast on my right ear. Wound up with most of the ear gone, radiation, and chemo which left me with neuropathy probs in the legs and feet. Last May makes 5 years clear! Not complaining, I'm still here, pouring lead, and aggravating SWMBO. Hang in there! GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling