Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxMCD Products

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I made a mistake tonight....

I think I made a mistake tonight....

So I'm in my cave...wife yells for me and I emerge. She is trying to email a PDF, but she has downloaded some kind of screwy PDF reader. I sit down and try to help for about 10 minutes. Her phone buzzes and she starts texting away. I say "Why don't you try this (blah blah blah). She keeps texting...I say "Do you want help?". She says yes, so I say "Why don't you try (blah blah blah)." She starts doing what I said. Her phone buzzes again and she picks it up texting again. I walk back to the cave. I think I now have a problem.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Sometimes in marriage you find you have a problem no matter what you do. There's night's like that, but hey now you can play in the cave long as ya want.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Boolit Master
    Much of the time when the Mrs. or the kids say, "Can you help me with this?" What they really mean is, "Would you do this for me?". I've learned to either ask which one it is or just do it for them.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

I've read all the books, and as a man I still try to fix problems. Maybe I should have said "I understand your pain with forwarding a PDF format document, I too have felt such pain and understand your frustration." But neo-cromagnon me, I just want to send the d$&? thing and not talk about it. Silly me.
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by freebullet View Post
    There's night's like that, but hey now you can play in the cave long as ya want.
    My cave has ale. Mmmm, ale.....
    War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

If your using a Mac you can just attach the PDF to an email.

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Its still going to be your fault .....................

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

No comment, in case my wife happens to find this thread and read it.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Wal' View Post
    Its still going to be your fault .....................
    With marriage, sometimes it's better to do it than to fight an uphill battle. Sorta like a fire, it might just burn itself out and go away and leave a mess. Sometimes it's wiser to put out the fire before you get burnt, says a man married 38 years.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    If your using a Mac you can just attach the PDF to an email.
    You can do this as well with a Windows machine running Outlook. I send PDF attachments often.

Boolit Master

Sometimes you are damned if you do and damned if you don't! Remember in a Woman's mind EVERYTHING that happens in a marrage is the Man's fault, no matter if he had anything to do with whatever's going on or not!

Boolit Master

It's still your fault...even if you got it to work, it'd be your fault she couldn't get it to work.
    The neighbor down the road whom you've never met pooped their pants....you guessed it...still your fault.
    EVERYTHINGS your fault.

I feel your pain!!

Boolit Master

Only one answer necessary "yes dear" and go on with life. Be 40 for me in November.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

Soon to be 50years with same woman and still no good advice besides yes dear/no dear and hope for the best.

Boolit Master

The Secret to a Happy Life.

Yes , you do indeed have a problem.
    I know this because I too was married once , my best friend said everyone should get married at least once.So I did , that was the worst three years of my life.
    I never made it to wife number two.My best friend is now on wife six , says he has now found happiness.... We shall see
    I went goose hunting one day and came home with a new Browning Gold hunter 10 gauge.I wanted to buy a Benelli Super Black Eagle.I, being the responsible husband that I was at the time compromised and saved about $300.00 by purchasing the Browning instead.
    What thanks did I get?A bunch of whining about spending $900.00 on a shotgun instead of the pat on the back for not spending $1200.00.The next day when I got home from work there was a note on the table saying she has gone to live with her sister , she needed time to think.
    That night I called in sick to work and sold the new Browning Gold Hunter to an unmarried friend. BTW ,if you ever need to sale something don't waste time talking to married friends , you will die of old age before they either get permission or save up their allowance.
    The next morning I drove 80 miles one way to the nearest Benelli dealer and picked up that Super Black Eagle.On the way home I pulled into the hardware store.I replaced every lock on the house and haven't looked back.This reminds me,I have had the Benelli SBE now going on 20 years this December.Going to have to do something special for its anniversary.
    I sure do love that gun,just like the many others I have acquired since finding the secret to a happy life.

In a local tavern there is a sign above the bar.
    It simply reads :
    Why does a divorce now cost $250,000.00?
    BECAUSE IT IS WORTH IT!!!
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

EVERYTHINGS your fault.
    Says so in Chapter 1 of the Book. Doesn't make any difference what the rest of the Book says. Deal with it.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

WOW !! you guys really get it--100% right on.
    What makes men think women are anything at all like men are.
    They don't think like we do---
    They don't sit the way we do---
    They don't shop the way we do---
    They don't Peee the way we do---
    They care about how they look---
    They never pass gas--and if they do they blame it on something else--A Bird did it outside Err something.
    They don't eat the way we do.
    They are never, ever, ever, wrong about anything, I mean nothing.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Much of the time when the Mrs. or the kids say, "Can you help me with this?" What they really mean is, "Would you do this for me?". I've learned to either ask which one it is or just do it for them.
    How true! I've noticed the same thing.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Boolit Buddy

My wife once told me she needed time to think. I told her I was happy to hear she finally decided to try it. See, you can't even be happy for them without doing it wrong. Did I forget to mention she's now my ex-wife?

Women marry men expecting to change them into their ideal man. Men marry their ideal women expecting them to stay the same. It's how they deal with the disappointment that causes divorce.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KYShooter73 View Post
    I've read all the books, and as a man I still try to fix problems. Maybe I should have said "I understand your pain with forwarding a PDF format document, I too have felt such pain and understand your frustration." But neo-cromagnon me, I just want to send the d$&? thing and not talk about it. Silly me.
    Pretty sure you hit the nail on the head.