MCD ProductsRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Janet is sick

Good thoughts head your way Jim. Be strong for her

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear that. I do hope the meds do their job, and she makes a full recovery. And I hope these few words offer some encouragement. Mike

Boolit Master

Praying for a quick and complete healing for Janet. And keep in mind you need to take care of yourself Jim so you can take care of her.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Bless you both, and our prayers for a complete recovery.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hope it gets better soon Jim. Those dang ticks and Lymes are a major hassle.

Just make sure she takes the antibiotics as directed.

Hang in there Janet.

Boolit Grand Master

Thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Lyme was a real problem around here awhile back, nasty and tenacious bug. Thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Lyme was a real problem around here awhile back, nasty and tenacious bug. Thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated.
    Will do. Janet and I extend our gratitude to all of you for your care and concern. I don't mind admittin' it's got me a bit jumpy. Any time I see 'cardio' in a diagnosis.....

You have a right to be jumpy - C words - Cancer, Cardio, etc. are always cause for Concern. All you can do is read up on what is best course of action and follow that action thru and keep up a positive mental attitude. The Positive Mental Attitude is important - she's not just a on a ride - she's steering the boat - she needs to have a vision of the outcome she wants - full recovery is attainable.

Our thoughts and prayers are with ya. Let us know if ya need anything.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Jim glad you told us. I will pray for both of you. I have a good friend who just had a bout with this disease and he told me it made him feel worse than anything he has had before. He was totally wasted until he got a handle on it. Janet needs plenty of rest. With that and all she is doing along with our combined prayers she will be ok.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

In Remembrance
    Get her well, follow the doc's instructions and do not be afraid to ask a second doc for a second opinion.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear about Janet. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Tim

Your both in my Prayers.....
    Ramar
    AMERICAN EX-PRISONERS OF WAR -- NON SOLUM ARMIS

Boolit Master

You and Janet are in my prayers

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent for you both.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Boolit Master
    If they are using the same antibiotic they used before, it could have built up a resistance to it. A newer antibiotic might be better. Lost a good young dog from what they said was lymes. First vet put him on tetracycaline. Dog got better, then got sick again. Second vet said it should have been tetracycaline and cortizone and put him on that. Dog died and I think it was because they didn't give him enough antibiotic the first time and it built up an immunity to the drug. Should have changed the drug when it came back and maybe it wasn't lymes to start with. If they have her on the same drug they used to start with it might be a good idea to discuss changing the medication to something she hasn't had before.

My prayers are with you & Janet. This is a tough illness. I was finally diagnosed with it after 9 mos of flu like illness' and rashes. This was in the 80's back before they knew much about it here in Va. It was so rare then that doctor's said odds are I didn't have it. My family physician gave me antibiotics and that may have saved me. Honestly Jim, I don't think I ever fully recovered. Make sure she gets plenty of rest and be patient with her. This is a tough fight. God bless both of you.
    Bob
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

Boolit Master

Janet is in my thoughts. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    alex

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnbob View Post
    ..... Make sure she gets plenty of rest and be patient with her.....
    Bob
    I'm being very encouraging with Janet concerning your first advice. Fortunately, she's not the macromanager type, so she does let me do for her.

With respect to your second piece of advice, that's very easy to do. Janet and I have a wonderful relationship and it's a rare event indeed that either of us even get so much as irritated with the other.

She's not a 'high maintenance' woman, so she's easy to please. The least little effort to make life easier for her means so much.

By the way, fellas, it means more to Janet than can be expressed that there have been so many responses to this. She knows she's part of the group, but doesn't really feel like she 'belongs'. After all, this is primarily a guys' forum. I think she's beginning to understand what I mean when I tell her "These guys like you, you're the 'little sister' of the group."

Thanks, fellas.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Best wishes to Janet for a speedy recovery. As others have said, please keep us updated!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin