Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poly AR lower

Boolit Master

From what I've read the New frontier is a great lower, there are a couple that got bad reviews but not New Frontier, also from what I've read their customer service is top notch.
    My trigger & hammer pins where snug but a small brass hammer tapped them in with no problems. I've function checked it using snap caps and will soon shoot it. I don't have any concerns that it will not function properly.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Master
    Well, over on AR15.com they don't like it if it does not have a designer tag like YHM,Larue,LARS,Troy,DD, or Midwest Industries. They are kind of on the AR snob side of the issue, and just like Glock when it came out there were the naysayers. There are parts out there without those tags that work just fine, but quality control may be a little more of an issue with some. There are several that are made in China as well like GRG or UTG that work just fine for free float rails, but the fellers of on ARF will chuckle at you. Hey, if it works fine and you don't need the (special) tags on your parts go for it. You are still ahead of many of the gun owners out there that would give a left nut for an AR15 right now. These things are not cheap, and you can always upgrade your parts later if you want to be in that crowd. Most likely you will still get oo's, and aw's from your friends and relatives with whatever you put together. It is after-all, a evil black rifle that everyone has seen on the news, and they will want to shoot it no matter what you put on it.

xacex, very well put. My thoughts exactly. I have some very expensive rifles that can't hold a candle to some of my less costlier ones, and I don't have any that have been worn out from use. Frankly, I am buying what I can get, not what I can afford.LOL
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

I have a couple of CavArms lowers that get quite a bit of use. Here's one my wife and daughter enjoy shooting. It usually gets a few second glances at the range.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16974.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	70963

Now I just need to get a .22 cal. mold, so we can enjoy it even more.

I can occasionally get .223's at Walmart but no such luck on .22's. Man, that thing is hot looking Coyote3. You probably are getting 2nd glances that are in fact, LUST!

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

------Babylonian Proverb

Boolit Grand Master

I knew DeWalt made power tools . . . . . . but that is a new one!
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Just put together my Ar last weekend using a New Frontier lower with the parts kit already installed. All the parts but the springs are polymer and the fit is very tight. I mated it to a DPMS upper and installed a Wilson Combat 16" stainless 7.62x40 barrel. Then installed a Yankee Hill free-floating hand guard to finish it off. I am very pleased with the results and would definitely buy another New Frontier lower. I was able to find one for 109.95 with free shipping. I think it a great deal with a lifetime guarantee. I was a little concerned that the trigger would be subpar, but it has about a 4.5 lb break with no creep. Was pleasantly surprised. If anyone would like to know where to get the lowers for the price I mentioned please send me a PM and I will respond. I don't want to post the info because there is a member selling them here on the forum.

Boolit Master

I have 2 polymer lowers, one Plum Crazy that has put up with my 300 BO and 6.8 SpecII uppers. The New Frontier is new and will be used for a pistol build I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    Fishnbob, I would put your parts in a bag along with a note that you took them out because there was an issue, and you were thinking of using another lower. Let them know that the lower was damaged taking out the detent pin as well. Put all the parts requested in a box, and ship it out to them. You will most likely get a new lower all fitted up with the parts in it, and the upper attached. This helps them figure out what the issue is, and make adjustments to the mold, or equipment they are using for more manufactures. rush to get these out. A lower is a high precision piece, and even slightly off can cause a lot of headaches.
    You sure hit that on the head xacex! I did as you said and I got it back yesterday. The LPK was reinstalled by them and they substituted their hammer & trigger to solve the hammer falling on the trigger release problem. It was a new lower and all is working well. I couldn't be more pleased with their customer service. I will definitely buy another, soon.

Bob

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

------Babylonian Proverb

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnbob View Post
    You sure hit that on the head xacex! I did as you said and I got it back yesterday. The LPK was reinstalled by them and they substituted their hammer & trigger to solve the hammer falling on the trigger release problem. It was a new lower and all is working well. I couldn't be more pleased with their customer service. I will definitely buy another, soon.

Bob
    I am glad to hear they treated you well. I have no issue with the ones I have( other than feeling funny) but it is good to know I would be taken care of if there was an issue. Time to pin one to the Beowulf upper, and see if they will take it.

Boolit Buddy

Angry Beowulf...here we go!

Xacex,
    Thats my plan as well. I will be checking in next week with a range report. Stay tuned for the John Ross 400g HP Streetsweeper in a Beowulf!

Has anyone out there had trouble with the New Frontier lower using 10 round mags? I've got a couple for hunting & bench rest shooting but the bolt may pick up the first round and not the second. Sometimes it won't feed at all. Both mags work great in my S&W M&P.

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

------Babylonian Proverb

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnbob View Post
    Has anyone out there had trouble with the New Frontier lower using 10 round mags? I've got a couple for hunting & bench rest shooting but the bolt may pick up the first round and not the second. Sometimes it won't feed at all. Both mags work great in my S&W M&P.
    If you are having an issue with it switch that upper to the M&P lower to see if it still doesn't feed. If it doesn't it most likely is the barrel extension. I polish all the feed ramps on mine now to make them feed anything.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bbailey7821 View Post
    Xacex,
    Thats my plan as well. I will be checking in next week with a range report. Stay tuned for the John Ross 400g HP Streetsweeper in a Beowulf!

Haha! Sounds great! I haven't had a chance to swap one in yet. I did a trigger job on a NFA lower and got the thing down to a few pounds or abouts, but I took too much off the back of the trigger under the safety, and need to weld it up a little or get a new trigger. This is with a metal trigger group, not the NFA group. I had to drill out the pistol grip hole and thread it all the way through because they are not drilled and tapped for trigger work. Don't worry, that part of the trigger I need to weld is not a heat sensitive hardened area, well, as long as I don't heat the whole thing up tacking a bead to the back it will be fine. The other NFA lower I have has the plastic trigger group in it, and frankly I am spoiled with my lowers with the trigger work done so I don't play with it much.

Boolit Master

I just put a Spikes ST-22 upper on my New Frontier poly perfect fit now I need a range trip.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Master

Spikes ST-22 upper assembly on a NFA lower, PSA LPK.