Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Lee Lube & Size Kits?

Boolit Man

Lee Lube & Size Kits?

What are your opinions/experiences with these for sizing and lubing boolits? Would you use the lube provided with the kit or buy/make one of the other formulas?

I don't have the funds for a Lyman, RCBS or Saeco Lubrisizer at the moment but want to start lubing and sizing my boolits.

Thanks,

longusmc

Boolit Master

Depends what boolits you are planning to use. I use these units for a number of different boolits even though I have 5 Star lube sizers on the bench. 45-45-10 lube is far superior to straight Lee alox. A typical boolit that is preferred with this TL is the .308 165gn RD for my 30-30 rifles.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    usmc, 7/26/13

I only use the Lee push through sizer to size and install gas checks in one rifle caliber- .308. It is simple to use and works fine. I can't comment on the lube issues because I pan lube. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Boolit Man
    Initially looking to use one for boolits from these molds a Lyman 358665 RN/FP and an Ideal 35863 DEWC for my .38 Special.

Banned
    I use Lee sizers in .358 and .451 sizes. I really like them. I use 45-45-10 lube on all of my cast boolits and it works great. I shoot 38spl and 45ACP, both in the 800 fps range and also .357mag in the 1200 fps range, all with great results.

Boolit Grand Master

I've got one of my Lee turrets full of Lee sizers and a couple more in the die drawer. I pan lube and tumble lube only so this set-up works great for me. Since you're on a budget, use the alox, thinned (great for .38 Special) or make some 45-45-10. Plus look in the Lube section and search for "alox" or "tumble lube"...
    My Anchor is holding fast!