Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about ordering a rifle from the CMP.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    not to fret mr. President, contact the agency responsible for vital records in the country in which you were born. Around here i believe the fee is $17

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo
    God bless America

Boolit Man
    That's a service grade?! Dang thing looks almost new. How does the metal look? and How does it shoot?

Mauser, I'm still a little unsure about the Mr.President part. I think I'll laugh to keep from crying. Can't say that now. I've got my Certificate. So Ha! lol

Moderator Emeritus

Dorado, the metal looks basically brand new. No wear on the Parkerizing, no dings or gouges. The receiver is 1943 but the barrel is 1955. I assume from an arsenal rebuild after the Korean War. I only received the rifle in Oct. of last year but I have zero'd it and probably shot 300-400 rounds of HXP M2 Ball ammo thru it. It shoots darned well IMO. I haven't measured the groups but say fist to hand size groups at 50 yards off-hand. I'm sure some handloads and familiarization will improve the group sizes.

Another thing to think about ordering from CMP is enbloc clips. They ship the rifle with 1 clip. They sell USGI spec. new enblocs for $20 per 25 clips. I have heard horror stories over on the CMP forum about aftermarket/foreign made enbloc clips so I'm very shy about buying from other sources.

I also purchased a bayonet w/scabbard that is correct to the rifle's age for $65. I was expecting a dinged up worn out relic. What I received was a basically brand new bayonet and scabbard. Another case where CMP out did themselves.

BTW, it is said on the CMP website that if you attach a sticky note to your order with ONE, repeat, ONE, specific request on your rifle they will try to fulfill your request. I.E. I wanted a WWII serial number so I added a sticky to my order asking for that. Bingo, I got it. Others have requested low gauge numbers on the barrel or USGI wood, or CMP wood. You get the idea. It's still not a certain thing they can fill your request but they will try or at least they were doing so last fall.

Good luck with your order and don't forget to share with us what you receive!
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson