Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: Shotmaker discussion

Boolit Master

Shotmaker discussion

Q1) Is there a min/max distance that should be observed for the shot to drop from the nozzle to the ramp?
    Q2) Is there a min/max distance that the shot should roll/bounce till it falls off the ramp?
    Q3) What angle to the ramp should the shot orifice be oriented? Should it be 90* to the ramp even though the ramp will be on an incline? Should it be oriented so that the shot drops from the orifice 90* +/- something to earth?
    Q4) For those that advocate mig tips- How do you orient the tip? Is it parallel to the ramp or at some angle? What I'm trying to ask is does the shot drop out of the nozzle or roll out of the end?
    Q5) Should I calculate moon up/ moon down into when I should and should not drop shot?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

good info here..http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...d-a-shot-maker

ill check the measurements on mine next time i go to garage...
    PMI pistol range USMC 85-89

im looking for these contender pistol barrels--> 6tcu,.30herrett

barrels i have-->.221 fireball,7-30 waters,7tcu,.357 herrett,.44 mag,6.5tcu

There's only 2 people in this world i trust, one of them is me the other one's not you...

Boolit Man

Boolit Master
    That's what I was looking for. Thanks.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Mold
    im glad I saw this im thinking about building one myselfs