Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On Your Death Bed

Banned

I would have stayed in the service.

Boolit Buddy

Since my life was in God's control - even the many years BEFORE I dedicated my life to Him, I would change nothing. It was all in His plans - the way I lived my life.
    What would you have if you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked the Lord for today?

Boolit Buddy

No regrets.
    St. Jude's hospital and my grandson are in my will.
    God bless.

CPL Lou

Moderator Emeritus

There have been several forks in my road. I often wonder about what would have been if I chose differently, but I don't regret my choices. The biggest one was turning down an opportunity to go to a four year college, instead I went to a electronics trade school in the early 80s. At that point in my life, I was pretty sure I would have "partied" to hard if I entered that environment...probably would have died or ended up in jail.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

The past is just that the past but
    If I could redo some things one would be I would have gone to helicopter school in the Army and yes I would have been an Apache or medivac chopper pilot. Why not be where the action is?

I would have been a better dad to my kids, most want nothing to do with me but none of them ever has asked what it was like when in the military. They ask another family member and all they get is go ask your dad, none have and maybe that is a good thing.

I wished my best friend and cousin had lived longer, my first wife had not been murdered.

Life is a journey we start at birth and there are good times, sad times, detours, wrong turns, dead ends, potholes, rough road, and also some memories that just never leave us. The only changes we can make are each day when we get up and begin the day. We can't change the past or future, we can only change the here and now.

Enjoy each day as if it were your last as it just might be. I was in a wreck at the end of May of this year. Thought I did good to be able to walk away, but the back issues and wrist issues are still with me and therapy for the back is not the most fun but it does seem to sort of help. The wrist I find out today when I go to see the surgeon, hope it doesn't require an operation but if it does so be it.

My own doctor when he saw the x-ray of my back wonders how I am still walking. Broke my back a very long time ago. The pain has never gone away I just got to the point I told myself it wasn't there.

My life is what it is, some good times, some not so good, is there things I wished never happened yes, but I can't change anyone but me and I am working on that and it is a life long process.

The one thing I do wish would happen is maybe just once before I die I could have thanksgiving with all my kids and their kids and partners. Never will happen but it would be nice to at least once more be with them all.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Man
    it's been a great ride. i wouldn't change a thing. but gittin' old really sucks.

I guess your grown up when you realize there is no 'do over' in life, just the opportunity to 'do better'. Don't have a bucket list, just try to do what is interesting. Alaska sure sounds neat, but as I can't walk for more than a mile, it would be a waste or a really slow trip.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    I know I can't change the past, I've already done what I could to make things right and believe I am living my life with a purpose other than my own. I do have regrets about things in my past and wish I would have realized much sooner in life it wasn't all about me. Having never been in the circumstances your friend was so I can't really answer the question.
    This has it's own beauty to me. Every day we get older and somewhat more aware. Unfortunately the awareness comes after we have had lots of years to live for ourselves with little consideration for others. It is an entirely natural progression to regret some of the excesses of youth, along with some poor decisions.

For me, me legacy will reside with my children, they are my most satisfying accomplishment.

I myself would not change a thing, If I did I would not be who I am today!! Yes I did somethings that I am not proud of, those things helped form me as a person. I know that all sounds strange but think about it?? I now keep my word and promises, I also help others without expecting anything in return. I don't expect others to do my work for me altough I will do theirs to help them. I live each day as if it were the last and I don't regret what I did that day. Besides I get to shoot more cast boolits now than before.
    CD in TN

My biggest regret is never choosing a career. I've just bounced from job to job. At 51 I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. I was fairly intelligent in high school but too stupid to put it to good use. I think maybe wildlife biologist, wildlife officer or gunsmith would have worked. My son is just like I was, I wish I could get him to learn from my mistakes.
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    I'd have killed Joe Stalin or hitler
    I'm thinking O'Bozo's **** of a mother before she got herself knocked up by the Kenyan.
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master

Every day I have had has been a blessing - even the bad days.
    I have loose plans for the future, things I would like to do, - visit eastern Europe, visit China and Viet Nam again, spend 3 months in Kentucky and Tennessee - and spend a month getting there and getting back.
    Finish the rebuild on my 1972 Combat Commando, Respoke the wheels and do the brakes on my 1967 Atlas and take it on a 300 mile run.
    And sight in at least 1 303 (Parker Hale No 4 with a 5 groove barrel) for the 314299.....

And spend enough time with my grandsons to give them a love of life and the skills to cope with and enjoy what ever life hands them.

In high school I wanted to be a geologist, got talked into being a teacher, graduated University as a fisheries/wildlife biologist with a minor in psychology, spent 12 years in residential construction, and gave up a career as a Fisheries biologist to be a homemaker so my wife could pursue her career.

I have done what I had to in the circumstances and have done it well. And I would not change a thing.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master

I have had a good life, and would probably do it all over again, good/bad/and in between
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    I firmly believe that the paths I followed through my life would have significantly been altered if I had been told as a young man that people may forget what you did to them, or what you said to them, but they will never forget how you made them feel