WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for annoying neighbor

Boolit Bub

The theme song from Barney the dinosaur, on a continuous loop blasted in his direction at high volume every time he sets off the alarm. I heard it worked wonders at gitmo. I agree on the legal options also, must be some sort of nuisance laws you can use.

Boolit Buddy
    I know without a attorney you can go to the county court house,and file a no-trespass on him specifically. It cost money to file,and of course he can file one on you. It just makes it a criminal action if,after being served the papers,the person notified trespasses.There is no,"it was my first time",and get away with it. They upon being sighted on your property go to jail,and no trial.This is not a I hate you action,but a I am protecting my family / home from you action!
    As for sound I would plant cedars in two rows along your property line about truck traffic wide away from his property.They grow straight up,keep bugs away,provided a wind break,privacy,and kill sound travel both ways.Since he will not be able to see you,and so many people having fun.He will not be able to disturb with a jealous hissy fit no will notice.
    Last edited by Cosmiceyes; 07-13-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: corrections on wording
    Knowledge shall forever govern ignorance!

I see what I am hunting just coming off the "GRILL"!

It is not a measure of moral health to be well adjusted in a sick society!
    Jules

Boolit Grand Master

I'd say just keep shooting. Seems to me his "revenge" will start to annoy him more than your shooting in short order...

Boolit Buddy
    get a huge loud speaker point it at his house then play a loop of that annoying ice cream truck music.
    Yes my grandma wears combat boots. But remember her carry weapon is a Ruger .454

Boolit Mold
    if the police are on your side, then just call the police and report it as disturbing the peace. He gets hauled into court and must tell the judge about it. then pay a fine.
    Every time his alarm goes off call a cop. after several times in court, it will be jail time for him. you win by being a responsible citizen, he get a rap sheet and a thinner wallet.

In Remembrance
    Calling the cops everytime you are annoyed, makes a guy a responsible citizen. Just thinking if I was a cop this might annoy me.

You have the solution, your shooting annoys him. I assume you wear ear protection while you shoot, is there any law says you can't shoot at midnight, again at 1 in the morning and so on. These types of neighbors are easy to deal with without leo involvement.

Boolit Grand Master

Okay he has accused your wife of stealing with no grounds and refused to leave when asked to. Call the law file a complaint against him Get a restraining order ( maybe hard on the one incident) Document everything he does now date time and what the disturbance was. He has been threataning and shown tendency to violence its time to get the law involved. Make it a point to ask arund if any other nieghbors are having "problems " with him also. Do this discreetly. A group with the same complaint makes it much easier for the sheriffs to do something quicker. I went thru a violent threatening in law years ago couldnt get the local sheriff involved ( they told us it would cause ore trouble than good) until mother in law and her son were shot. Hes still in a wheelchair to this day. Then the sheriff got involved way to late. You need to document everything, find others in the area haveing problems/issues and talk to the prosecutors as a group if possible. Call and report this inncedent as soon as possible the first caller is the defandant until proven otherwise. Call make the report and explain all that transpired. Dont give him the chance to paint a diffrent pictue first that has to be disproven before the truth can come out.

You could win, but it's going to cost you.

This has probably gone too far to invite him over to shoot with you. ??
    Don't go to the trouble of building a hog pen unless you intend to do it properly. If the hogs get out he'll have a reason to be aggravated.

My hog pen solution would be to purchase a roasting pig to fatten up and invite the entire neighborhood to your new annual pig roast pot luck picnic. Fireworks and supervised shooting demonstrations as the entertainment.
    Do it legally and above board. Pay the small fee for 24 hour liquor/party insurance policy.

Boolit Master
    As much as I want to agree with it being "game on" if you don't take the higher ground it will likely cost you $$$$$$.

Take the high road and make it cost him $$$, get All the neigbors to call about the alarms going off (you are All concerned for their well being, maybe his wife is tripping the panic button when he threatens to beat her??), put up no tresspassing signs and when he sets foot on your property have Him arrested, a cheap DVR/gamecam(s) would help here, gamecams can be dual purpose also. I would set up the cams first as he will likely find the signs too great of temptation to resist.

+1 on invting ones sympathetic to you shooting at reasonable hours, I would also check what if any noise ordinances your town has to be sure You are compliant.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    You could win, but it's going to cost you.

This has probably gone too far to invite him over to shoot with you. ??
    Don't go to the trouble of building a hog pen unless you intend to do it properly. If the hogs get out he'll have a reason to be aggravated.

My hog pen solution would be to purchase a roasting pig to fatten up and invite the entire neighborhood to your new annual pig roast pot luck picnic. Fireworks and supervised shooting demonstrations as the entertainment.
    Do it legally and above board. Pay the small fee for 24 hour liquor/party insurance policy.
    Love the neighborhood party Idea, what better way to form an alliance!
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Master
    My wife has run off 3 neighbors over the years mostly by making fun of them, to the neighbors and the whole town. Of course, she's kinda unique -- stubborn as hell and with a deep sarcastic sense of humor. We still refer to one of the former neighbors as "Fast Eddie" and sometimes "Special Ed".
    Paul

Moderator Emeritus

Since he has escalated the situation I would post my property. I would consider carrying a small voice activated tape recorder to record any conversation. I would consider placing cameras around my property to record if he enters your property. Be as professional as possible.....some people worry about tape recording but as long as one party knows you are recording you should be ok....if in doubt run it by te county attorney or any criminal lawyer you know and trust.....

Boolit Buddy
    I'm not a fan of calling the cops or getting the legal system involved. In my opinion, once you get lawyers involved in something, both parties end up losing.

The problem with escalation is that it escalates. It starts off with just annoying each other. Then it moves to damage to each others property. Then it leads to physical confrontation and contact. Unless someone is willing to back down, it will likely lead to a body that needs to be disposed of. Unless you are willing to go that far, don't get into the escalation game.

How large is your piece of property? How far is it from your shooting area to his house? Are you shooting towards his house so that the noise is more intense?
    NATURAL BORN CITIZEN = offspring of TWO US citizens
    Just because they are constantly playing the Race Card, it doesn't mean that we should allow them to get away with raping our Constitution.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or with penicillin.

More about me

Boolit Master

Any kind of rap music will do it,or a "mad minute" involving the whole neighborhood!!!!!!!!
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You my friend need a thunder mug (google it).

Andy
    Googled "thunder mug" & I suppose this isn't what you were talking about!???!
    Noun 1. thunder mug - a receptacle for urination or defecation in the bedroom
    chamberpot, potty
    receptacle - a container that is used to put or keep things in
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Don't do ANYTHING that would endanger your FFL. I still hope one day to make it up there.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyEllis View Post
    Googled "thunder mug" & I suppose this isn't what you were talking about!???!
    Noun 1. thunder mug - a receptacle for urination or defecation in the bedroom
    chamberpot, potty
    receptacle - a container that is used to put or keep things in
    Could be he was planning on being nice and giving him one, After he was rendered incapable of walking to the bathroom. lol

Boolit Master
    I think a loud speaker playing the song April Love by Pat Boone, over & over & over again would drive anyone insane. I know Pat Boone is a nice guy but there is just something about that song. I don't think I could come up with a worse eternal punishment.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Banned

This is the thundermug i was refering too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPgvIv_ms0
    Andy

Banned

I really think I would have to have my own alarm system set up.
    every time his went off it would just happen to trigger a much louder more annoying one set in exactly the same spot as his.
    1,000 watts should be about right to start.

i'm sure you want to be safe too.
    you might wanna try it out the first time, just as he is installing his new speaker.