RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data

Thread: Skype?

Boolit Grand Master

Skype?

Anybody here use Skype? I bought a webcam and signed up for the service so I could BS with a friend. The visual adds a lot to the conversation.

Banned

My old lady uses it all the time to talk to her family that lives in Oklahoma. It is really neat. I like it. Not the same as a regular phone call at all.

I do a little. The video is choppy and does not match the audio much of the time. It could be on my end though.
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Moderator Emeritus

It might be my fat ugly mug...or those fat ugly mugs who I talk too, but I don't care for it...NOT one bit. of course I dislike talking on the phone the "old school" way as well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I use it. How well it works depends on the bandwidth and speed of your Internet connection.
    It's not the "Hollywood" type perfect picture and audio, but it does make the conversation better.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Banned

"How well it works depends on the bandwidth and speed of your Internet connection."
    Exactly, I only have 4 down and 1 up and normally it works real good. Also use Apple "Talk" (I think that's what they call it) and it works real good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Anybody here use Skype? The visual adds a lot to the conversation.
    I can't help but think you are inviting comments with that line.....LOL
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Never tried it but it would be nice to use to communicate to a love one or dear friend far away.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

I'm fed up with much of the social media going on now!! I got off of Facebook because I was sick and tired of all the BS games the constant barrage of advertising etc... I joined that to keep connected to old school friends! So no Skyping for me!!
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Banned

I have used It a number of times, a good high speed connection is really needed to make it just like the jetsons.

it is nice to see/talk to people you haven't seen/talked to for a while.
    and the computer doesn't charge me minutes.

Boolit Master
    One of the best business tools there is for doing international calling or when traveling abroad to keep up with business back home.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Love Life
    I use it when I am away from home to talk to my Daughter. I like to put funny hats and faces on my image and it makes my little girl laugh.

I skyped my brother once, but he mooned me so we have never skyped again...

Boolit Buddy
    This was my first introduction to Skype ; the Zimmerman trial. It was quite hilarious in real time. It has a very annoying alert tone.

http://deadspin.com/george-zimmerman...e-sk-658025291

WP
    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic and Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO