Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Furnace woe's again

Boolit Buddy

Furnace woe's again

Well, my long awaited Lee Pro 4-20 arrived this afternoon and was waiting for me when I returned home. I opened the box to find it along with three 6 banger Lee molds and a set of spare handles in the box as ordered. When I unpacked the furnace I discovered the valve assembly arm was bent and the knob bolt was stripped out and was flopping in the arm.
    These items were ordered from MidwayUSA so I gave them a call and I was instructed to ship it back with the promise I would be reimbursed for the return shipping.
    The frustrating part about this is I have waited for weeks to get this furnace. This will make 2 furnaces I have as I cast two alloys and this will make it easier not having to drain between different casting sessions.
    My first furnace had to be replaced by Lee after it quit only using it about a month. Now this one was not even used and its going back. Oh well, when I get the replacement back I'll have them up and running in no time.
    I need one more 6 banger mold and I'll have everyone I need!
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Unfortunately, "stuff" happens. It's frustrating but what are you going to do? A couple of years ago, Midway had .22LR ammunition on sale and I bought a thousand rounds or maybe it was 999 ... three 333 round boxes, whatever. When the box arrived it rattled. Upon opening it I found a single wad of kraft paper and every round loose in the way over sized box. Midway's packaging left a lot to be desired.

I took pictures and emailed them to Midway and the two of us went round and round for days. Old retired people have the time, and in my case the inclination, to pester those who do substandard and unacceptable work. In the end, I was given a complete refund (actual check) for the shoddy S&H. I obviously forgot to cash the check since I saw it a couple of days ago. I guess I need to get that off their books since they've been carrying it so long.

I had a similar thing happen with 200 blank DVDs from another company and got another shipment of them. As Petula Clark said, "It's a sign of the times". Kris Kristofferson had an applicable comment in a song of his too. Something about not letting certain "people" get you down.

Boolit Man
    That's the worst, when you wait and wait for your brand new stuff and then it doesn't work when it finally arrives. Hang in there. You will appreciate it even more when it's all said and done. Lee seems to take good care of their customers.

Boolit Master

I need one more ___________ and I'll have everyone I need!
    Famous last words! When is just one more ever enough?

The next one will be special. So will the one after that, and the one after that..........

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Quote Originally Posted by ku4hx View Post
    Unfortunately, "stuff" happens. It's frustrating but what are you going to do? A couple of years ago, Midway had .22LR ammunition on sale and I bought a thousand rounds or maybe it was 999 ... three 333 round boxes, whatever. When the box arrived it rattled. Upon opening it I found a single wad of kraft paper and every round loose in the way over sized box. Midway's packaging left a lot to be desired.
    +1 on shoddy packaging at Midway USA. I've given up on them for things that break. They just don't care.

One time I bought a dozen boxes of Sierra 30 caliber bullets. They were two different weights of the same style, 165 and 180 gr spitzer. Every box was burst open and the bullets were mixed in the bottom of the carton. Another time I bought several boxes of Sierra 41 caliber pistol bullets, 170 and 210 gr. Again, every box was burst open and the bullets mixed.

Boolit Grand Master

I started this in 1967 and am still buying stuff. " after I get this I will have everything I need".
    supv26 , you can say this today but tomorrow will bring lots of new goddies we just cant live without. It's an addiction...but it's fun. Welcome to the addiction.

Gary