Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hillbilly shooting table cover

Quote Originally Posted by oneokie View Post
    You turning into a redneck hillbilly on us?
    Now that's funny!
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

"I was backing my truck up to the cover this morning and almost ran over one of the tie-out stakes, a section of 5/8" rebar. That would not have been good. So, I solved that problem. I drove another section of rebar in the ground right next to the stake, drove a 5 foot section of 3/4" PVC conduit down on it and wrapped it with yellow caution tape. "

Slippery slope, Jim, slippery slope. First was the T bar and tarp, then the safety rebar, and down the slope to the range bunker. Let us know when you order the ready mix for the foundation.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Jim
    the only thing I see missing is the cooler full of lemon aide to keep you refreshed. Might be a might drafty when winter comes but that just means you need to think a little more on how to keep it warm. Now in a hard rain you just might need some more protection also.
    Good idea and it even works and didn't break the bank doing it either.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    .....Good idea and it even works and didn't break the bank doing it either.
    I bought the lumber and the tarp for just under $40. The rest of it was layin' around.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    I don't know folks move out to the country then they start bringing their citified ways. Getting all fancy putting up $40 shootin houses and all. Next they will be all high and mighty and be offended by peoples comments. If shootin under a shade tree or used Farmall tractor umbrella was good enough for pappy it ought to be good enough for anybody.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Buddy
    that looks purdier than a hog in slop, and me sharing my Pabst with the dog!!!!! looks well built!!!
    Looking for: 32acp mold-- 22 hornet jwords-- 7.62x54r- jwords, boolits, mold-- 7x57 brass, mold---7.62 Nagant-brass-- 8x56r-brass, jwords-- any old firearm laying around ( I'm starting to take gun smithing classes, and I'm looking for pieces I can work on, PM me with your details)

Poor execution of a problem on your part doesn't constitute a problem on mine.

13/14 Trapping season
    Coon-1
    Grinner-3
    Squirrel-3

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by daniel lawecki View Post
    Where's the Dish and TV
    On top of his nonworking dish and TV, haven't you heard tell....

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Looks good Jim, Not only are you out of the sun but also those unexpected rain showers.
    I was going to build myself a tin roof over my bench. I have the material, just needed the time. I was already in the shade under a big old pecan tree. But time goes by and things change. My grand daughter lives in my old house out in the country now and I moved to a house we bought on a lake. I can shoot here but I don't have enough property here to set up another range. Plus I have close neighbors now and I don't know how much shootin they will tolerate.
    I gotta find a piece of property near here and make myself another range.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Vaquero View Post
    Work's for me! It's a little small, now if you had used a 24x36 tarp it would be Hillbilly.
    LOL, but not hillbilly shooting range cover, hillbilly guesthouse! Vaquero must shoot those large bore artillery calibers to need that size firing line cover.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Jim
    A camo tarp would make it harder for the drones to spot you.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Jim
    A camo tarp would make it harder for the drones to spot you.
    They wouldn't see it if the tarp was blaze orange.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50-yd-range1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	73133

You know, Jim, what you need is to put that Handi Rifle on a CROWS system, so you can use the display screen and joystick from your easy chair in the house.
    Just have to figure out how to reload...remotely?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    --Thomas Jefferson