MCD ProductsRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Illinois casters

F.O.I.D. law has not been struck down. Thus for Illinois residents you'll still need the card to remove a gun from your home.
    For Chicago residents. Most city gun ordnances will be out the window. Probably take a court case to prove it.

From what I can tell our Illinois FOID card is harder to get than most states CC permits. Just as effective today is our enhanced drivers licenses. The way I understand it LEO's can scan the bar code to see everything government has on you. If you've been ordered by a court not have firearms it shows up. FOID IMHO is out dated. I paid a pile of money to get a photo for my last renewal then they just used my DL photo which was older but a mouse click away. In 1968 when FOID was pushed upon us we didn't have photo drivers licenses. Or computer data bases. Or cell phones that scan bar codes then hook up to a huge computer.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Just wondering if I am wasting my time and CAST BOOLIT space since only a very few Illinois residents ever post there?

Spring is here so tell us what you are doing in ILLINOIS and where. I promise I will NOT catch all of the fish,mess up your favorite camp grounds or steal any of the brass you lost. I will just put it in the nearest brass bucket.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Grand Master

New purple post law

Don't forget Illinois has the purple post law now so you don't have to post actual signs. reference http://ilga.gov/legi...DF/097-0477.pdf (Public Act 97-9477

"Public Act 97-0477 gives landowners or lessees the option of marking their property with a series of purple marks on trees or posts. Until January 1, 2013, landowners or lessees using purple marks must continue to issue a “no trespassing” notice either by oral or written notice to particular individuals or by posting appropriate signage at the main entrance to the property in question.
    The purple marks must be either:

A vertical line of at least 8 inches in length. The bottom of the mark shall be between 3 and 5 feet high. Each mark shall be no more than 100 feet from another such mark and be readily visible to any person approaching the property.

or

A post capped or otherwise marked on at least its top 2 inches. The bottom of the cap or mark shall be between 3 feet and 5 feet 6 inches high. Posts so marked shall be no more than 36 feet apart and be readily visible to any person approaching the property. Prior to applying a cap or mark that is visible from both sides of a fence shared by different property owners or lessees, all such owners or lessees must agree to the decision to post their own property.

Trespassing on property so marked constitutes a Class B misdemeanor, except when a person trespasses using a motor vehicle if the marked area is an orchard; an enclosed area containing livestock; a barn or other agricultural building containing livestock; or an field that is used or capable of being used for growing crops. Such trespassing constitutes a Class A misdemeanor.
    No landowner or lessee is authorized to post purple marks if doing so would violate any applicable law, rule, ordinance, order, covenant, bylaw, declaration, regulation, restriction, contract, or other instrument.
    Public Act 97-0477 does not apply to real property located in a municipality of over 2,000,000 inhabitants."

Special thanks to ILLINOISCARRY.COM

Boolit Grand Master

Ladies and Gentlemen, you need a break, come out for Savage Day at the ISRA Range!

This Saturday, May 18, 9:00am to 3:00pm

Saturday, May 18th is "Savage Day" at the ISRA's world-class rifle range in Bonfield. This very special event is one that no shooting enthusiast should miss! And, best of all, it's FREE!

Representatives of Savage Arms will be on hand at the Range to demonstrate the company's line of rifles, including their models designed for women! Attendees who hold valid FOID cards will actually be able to test fire the latest Savage models at no charge. Our friends at Hornady Manufacturing are supplying ammunition for this event. This event runs from from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. If we run out of ammo, the event ends, and in years past this has happened around 2:00pm.

We'll be waiting for you!

Here's the details:

WHAT: Savage Day

WHEN: Saturday, May 18, 2012, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM

WHERE: ISRA Rifle Range, 1589N 7000W Road, Bonfield, IL. The Range is about one mile north of Route 17 on Warner Bridge Road.

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC - RAIN OR SHINE

Attention: ISRA Range members, there are still openings for volunteers at Savage Day, which is a great opportunity to earn a workday. Please arrive by 8:00, and call the office at 815-635-3198 or send email to range@isra.org if you intend to volunteer.

Boolit Buddy

bill, don't give up on us lazy Illinois casters....we will contribute .....had a "trout weekend" at our club last weekend. we stock one of our ponds with trout and give awards for largest, heaviest etc. a good time for young and old. its my range RSO day this sunday and its never dull what with all the new shooters these days. lots of questions and opinions, and we try to make sure everyone leaves with a smile, talking about the " Bullseye " they hit.(after a couple boxes of shells) I will try to be a more frequent contributor. fraternally,

'soooted

Boolit Grand Master

Well it looks like the dam has been breached.

From the ISRA minutes ago

CCW BILL ALERT - SB 2193 - VIABLE PROPOSAL ON THE TABLE

After many years of working to advance a Right to Carry bill, there is a viable proposal on the table. This bill, SB 2193, sponsored by Representative Brandon Phelps, is not a perfect bill but it does have several good points, for example:

 Shall issue

 Statewide pre-emption of all gun laws

 Commercially available training

 Vehicles will be a safe haven

However, the bill does call for:

 16 hours of training, although some previous training will count toward those hours

 $150.00 license fee, for five years

 Carry on mass transportation prohibited

This bill, if passed, will bring Right to Carry to Illinois, but due to the restrictions in the bill we are neutral on the bill.

While many people have been involved in this effort, Representative Brandon Phelps has demonstrated superior leadership and should be commended for his resolve.

Not just what we want but the water is RUSHING thru the breach.

We ned to keep the pressure on Springfield AND remember to say a greatful THANK YOU to each and every one that has helped so far.

No our politicians did not deliver just what we wanted but they broke their backs getting us this far.

When this is passed into law I will try to get folks like TODD and MOLLY B along with a few others MAILING ADDRESS so we can send them a personal THANK YOU card.

You will only get it if you are a member of ILLINOISCASTERS and P M me.

Boolit Grand Master

Is there much activity at IllinoisCarry.com over the new proposal?

Crashed the server.

Yes we do care.

Bill :
    Thanks for being on top of this.
    After I get the beans in the ground I may catch up.
    FYI count me in the no compromise camp. We will be a long time getting another shot at this one.

Noted yesterday the Brits watched for twenty minutes while those two Islamist chopped that young soldier and father into pieces. Before police arrived and shot them down. A female officer btw which I find very gratifying since the Islamist despise females.

That's all I have to say about that.

Boolit Grand Master

ILLINOIS STATE RIFLE ASSN

URGENT ALERT - YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

SENATE PRESIDENT CULLERTON AND SENATOR KOTOWSKI SCHEMING TO DERAIL CONCEALED CARRY

Senate gun grabbers John Cullerton, Dan Kotowski and Kwame Raoul were busy this holiday weekend constructing a plan to derail the passage of concealed carry legislation.

As most of you know, House Speaker Madigan and Rep. Phelps last week hammered out a concealed carry bill (SB2193) that passed the House with 85 votes. Although the bill was not 100% of what law-abiding Illinois gun owners were hoping for, SB2193 serves as a good baseline for the institution of state-wide personal protection measures.

As expected, anti-gun extremists in the Illinois Senate went to work immediately with a plan to shut down SB2193 when it came over from the House. Based on what the ISRA has learned, Cullerton-Kotowski-Raoul have come up with a bill of their own that would have so many exemptions that concealed carry permits would be impossible to get. Furthermore, there are reportedly so many restrictions in their proposal that, even if you were fortunate enough to be granted a carry permit, there would be very few areas where you would be able to carry legally. Of course, the places where concealed carry would be the most necessary are exempted in the Cullerton-Kotowski-Raoul "no carry" plan.

One thing is for certain, Senate President John Cullerton has refused to allow Sen. Forby to call SB2193 for a vote in the Senate - effectively killing the bill.

We are not 100% sure as of yet what the Cullerton-Kotowski-Raoul bill number will be. We think it will come as an amendment to HB0183.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO STOP CULLERTON FROM HIJACKING CONCEALED CARRY:

1. Immediately call your Illinois Senator and politely tell the person on the phone that you are a law-abiding Illinois gun owner and that you oppose Senate President Cullerton's attempts to hijack concealed carry. Politely tell the person that you expect the Senator to vote against any concealed carry proposal Cullerton tries to advance. If you do not know who your Illinois Senator is, click this link:

Illinois State Board of Elections

2. Please pass this alert on to your family and friends, ask them to make calls as well.

3. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you belong.

REMEMBER: The fate of concealed carry is in your hands!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Rides et Ratio

Boolit Grand Master

Tazewell County joins the circle of winners.

PEORIA —

Tazewell County State's Attorney Stewart Umhotlz announced Friday he would not prosecute people who carry a firearm outside their home if that person is legally allowed to possess a weapon.

"A citizen who wishes to exercise their Second Amendment right to carry a firearm outside of the home for self-defense should not be placed in the situation where they fear prosecution if they exercise a Constitutional Right," the prosecutor said in a news release.

The prosecutor lamented in the statement that Illinois has often "occupied the last in the nation status" and noted the state is the only state which doesn't allow concealed carry.

From the state, it appears Umholtz indicated his office would exercise discertion to decide if a person's conduct rose to the level of a criminal offense.

Tazewell County now joins two other counties in Illinois which are seemingly allowing concealed carry. In the last two weeks, prosecutors in Madison County and Randolph County have both issued statements similar to Umholtz's

Also, the sheriff in Clinton County says any armed person found in his jurisdiction from counties that allow concealed weapons won't be arrested.

Read more: http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x180608...#ixzz2WEfw8ZxQ

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

ALERT – Village Board Meetings with Municipal Gun Regulations on the Agenda - Monday, June 17, 7:30pm

Deerfield, Buffalo Grove trying to pass so-called "Assault Weapon" Bans

After the passage of IL HB-183 (amended to be CCW) through both houses of the Illinois Legislature, Rep Drury and Lt. Gov Sheila Simon have issued statements urging the passage of local firearms bans during a window of time provided for in the bill.

Simon and Drury are promoting bans on semi-automatic firearms that you own under the guise of "Assault Weapons". This would likely include popular sporting and defensive firearms like the AR-15, and standard-capacity magazines for all kinds of handguns and rifles. Law-abiding gun owners could face confiscation of their firearms or criminal prosecution.

At this time, Deerfield and Buffalo Grove appear to be considering new local ordinances at their next meeting on Monday. It is important that residents be there at these meetings to voice their opposition by addressing the board. If you live in either of these communities area, please go to that meeting. Be sure to arrive early to ensure that you gain entrance to the meeting. (suggested arrival: 6:45 pm)

For talking points against semi-auto bans, copies of proposed ordinances, the latest schedules of meetings and more resources; please visit http://isra.org/townhall .

Please forward this alert to your mailing list and post it on your favorite forum.

If you hear of more local attempts to pass an "Assault Weapon Ban" in another community, please contact the ISRA office at 815-635-3198 or send an email to the ISRA Hotline (hotline@isra.org) and pass along the info.

What: Deerfield Village Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
    Where: Village Hall, 850 Waukegan Road, Deerfield
    When: Monday, June 17, 7:30 pm

What: Buffalo Grove Village Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf) - see page 11-C
    Where: Village Hall, 50 Raupp Boulevard, Buffalo Grove
    When: Monday, June 17, 7:30 pm

Boolit Master

What is with that Buffalo Grove, Deerfield, Morton Grove area? Lots of hand-wringers in that locality. (For those not familiar, these towns are all close to one another and are suburbs or "bedroom communities" of Chicago on the near North or near NW side.) i thought the shooting/gang-crime problem was a downtown and South-side issue?
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Buddy

Unfortunately, the Chicago suburban area is loaded with scared people that couldn't take care of themselves, and thereby don't want anyone else to be able to take care of themself either. The really sad part is that the population density is so high, that they have a huge influence on the laws for the whole state. With voter turnout the way it usually is, just the votes from Cook county can swing the whole state's electoral votes to the democrats in national elections. Cook county has a population of a little over 5.2 million people. The whole state is less than 13 million. DeKalb county, where I live, has a population of a little over 104 thousand. Makes it hard to overcome the cook county machine.

Boolit Grand Master

I s r a notice

Urgent Alert !

These IL Communities Voting To

Ban Your Firearms

As Early As Monday, June 17th!!

Gov. Quinn, Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon and anti-gun state legislators are urging home-rule communities to ban commonly owned, utility semi-auto firearms before the new Right to Carry law if passed, becomes law. The new law would provide a limited10 day, one time only, window for passage of such a ban. The law will prevent any future bans from being passed so the anti-gunners are pushing hard to get as many bans in place as possible as quickly as possible.

If you live in one of the communities listed in this alert, please attend the village/city meeting and voice your opposition to any ordinance banning firearms, firearm accessories, and/or magazines in your community!

Let's stop these bans in their tracks! Attend your city council meeting. Remember to keep your statements short and to the point. Be respectful but firm in your resolve. Remember to ask the council these two important questions:

1. What are the current statistics of these particular firearms being used in crimes in your community?

2. Does your community have the financial resources to set aside for funding a legal defense of the ban in a court challenge?

The meetings are open to the public, plan to arrive early to be sure you get a seat. If you cannot attend, please contact your council members and let them know the people in your community do not want any further infringements on their right to keep and bear arms!

DEERFIELD

Board of Trustees Meeting

Monday, June 17, 2013

7:30 P.M.

Second Floor Robert D. Franz Council Chambers

Deerfield Village Hall

850 Waukegan Road, Deerfield, IL

Mayor

Harriet Rosenthal

harrietrose@comcast.net 847-945-5000

Trustees

Bob Benton

bobbenton@prodigy.net 847-945-5000

Alan Farkas

alfafoxtrot1@gmail.com 847-945-5000

Tom Jester

tapjester@yahoo.com 847-945-5000

Robert Nadler

Robert.D.Nadler@gmail.com 847-945-5000

Bill Seiden

wss5@comcast.net 847-945-5000

Barbara Struthers

bjstruthers@bjsltd.net 847-945-5000

BUFFALO GROVE

Village Board Meeting
    Monday June 17, 2013

Council Chambers, 50 Raupp Blvd, Buffalo Grove, IL

Village President

Jeffrey S. Braiman

jbraiman@vbg.org (847) 459-2525

Trustee

Jeff Berman

jberman@vbg.org (847) 459-2525

Steve Trilling

strilling@vbg.org (847) 459-2525

Beverly Sussman

bsussman@vbg.org (847) 459-2525

Mike Terson

mterson@vbg.org (847) 459-2525

Andrew Stein

astein@vbg.org (847) 459-2525

Lester A. Ottenheimer III

lottenheimer@vbg.org (847) 459-2525

LAKE FOREST

City Council Meeting

Monday, June 17, 2013

7:00 p.m.

City Hall, 220 E. Deerpath, Lake Forest, IL

Mayor

Donald P. Schoenheider

schoenheiderd@cityoflakeforest.com 847-770-3319

Aldermen

Kent Elliott Novit

novitk@cityoflakeforest.com 312-332-2407

Catherine A. Waldeck

WaldeckC@cityoflakeforest.com 847-234-6220

George A. Pandaleon

PandaleonG@cityoflakeforest.com 630-368-2247

David Moore

moored@cityoflakeforest.com 847-234-1021

Stanford Tack

TackS@cityoflakeforest.com 847-234-6482

Jack Reisenberg

reisenbergj@cityoflakeforest.com 847-735-0351

Michael R. Adelman

AdelmanM@cityoflakeforest.com 847-295-1190

Robert T. Palmer

PalmerR@cityoflakeforest.com 773-528-0200

SKOKIE

Village Board Meeting
    Monday June 17, 2013

8:00 P.M.

Skokie Village Hall, 5127 Oakton Street, Skokie

Mayor

George Van Dusen

george.vandusen@skokie.org 847-933-8269
    Trustees

Michele Bromber

mbromberg.webinfo@skokie.org 847-673-0500

Karen Gray-Keeler

kgray-keeler.webinfo@skokie.org 847-673-0500

Ralph Klein

rklein.webinfo@skokie.org 847-673-0500

Randall Roberts

rroberts.webinfo@skokie.org 847-673-0500

Edie Sue Sutker

esutker.webinfo@skokie.org 847-673-0500

Ilonka Ulrich

iulrich.webinfo@skokie.org 847-673-0500

METTAWA

Mayor And Board Of Trustees

Regular Meeting

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cottonwood Room - Hilton Garden Inn

26225 N. Riverwoods Blvd., Mettawa, Illinois

Mayor

Casey Urlacher

curlacher@mettawa.org (847) 573-1460

Trustees

Bill Armstrong

barmstrong@mettawa.org (847) 573-1460

Mary Brennan

mbrennan@mettawa.org (847) 573-1460

Jeff Clark

jeffclark@mettawa.org (847) 573-1460

Roger Lane

rlane@mettawa.org (847) 573-1460

John Maier

jmaier@mettawa.org (847) 573-1460

Tim Towne

tjttdg@aol.com (847) 573-1460

OSWEGO
    Village Meeting
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013
    7:00 P.M.

Oswego Village Hall, 100 Parkers Mill, Oswego, IL

Village President

Brian LeClercq

bleclercq@oswegoil.org 630-554-1555

Trustees

Tony Giles

tgiles@oswegoil.org 630-554-3618

Terry Michels

tmichels@oswegoil.org 630-554-3618

Gail Johnson

gjohnson@oswegoil.org 630-554-3618

Pam Parr

pparr@oswegoil.org 630-554-3618

Judy Sollinger

jsollinger@oswegoil.org 630-554-3618

Scott Volpe

svolpe@oswegoil.org 630-554-3618

HIGHLAND PARK

Committee of the Whole City Council

Monday, June 24, 2013

4:30 P.M.

City Hall, 1707 St. Johns Avenue, Highland Park, IL

Mayor

Nancy R. Rotering

Mayor Rotering (847) 926-1009

Councilmen

Anthony E. Blumberg

Tony Blumberg (312) 972-8666

Paul Frank

Paul Frank (312) 343-9840

Daniel A. Kaufman

Daniel A. Kaufman (847) 209-0956

Alyssa Knobel

Alyssa Knobel

David Naftzger

David Naftzger (847) 863-1679

Kim Stone

Kim Stone

Boolit Master
    I notice they are all suburbs of the Kingdom.
    Go figure.

Boolit Grand Master

While it is north of I 80, OSWEGO is about 50 miles from Chit Kaga on the Fox River. Not sure about Metewa but the rest of those towns residents would never lower themselves to talk to a peon like me.

Lake Forest is the place where Mr T dropped $$$ to buy acreage in a town famous for their STATELY OAK TREES then proceeded to have ALL of the trees removed from his property.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Last edited by DCP; 06-18-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Link don't work