Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Electronic scale

Boolit Buddy

Electronic scale

I need a cheap electronic scale to sort boolits on. Have no desire to weigh powder with it as I have an RCBS (Ohaus) that is part of the family. I see 3 or 4 of them out there and Midway even has 2 of them on sale this month. What say thee?

Boolit Master
    I was in your situation. Purchased a Little MTM scale that was on sale at Midway for around $25.00. Came in a plastic case with a checkweight and pan. I use it to sort bullets, and it works great at that.

Boolit Master

I have a small one that I bought years ago (from Harbor Freight I think) and it has worked fine for weighing cases, sorting bullets, etc. I check it against my Pact digital, or my RCBS beam scale and it has always checked out fine. But I only use it for sorting so that my other scales don't get so much wear and tear.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

I bought mine on sale at Harbor Freight for $10. It has worked well for me so far.

Boolit Bub
    hornady 1500 scale is okay but after 60 seconds it will auto sleep. when you turn it back on there is no calibrations need, it just a pain. looking into the hornady auto powder discharge unit

First one I bought was Cabalas came in a kit with check weight. I gave it away worked great but I did not like having to level it adjustable legs.

Boolit Bub

I bought a Smartreloader that works good for a reasonable price.

i got one at bass pro for like $25 and it worked well for a long time but then didnt want to always turn on so now im looking or a new one myself

I have almost come to trust my Pact II, after learning how to do the "factory reboot" on it. No cheap digital I have ever had would hold zero for more than a few seconds. When I was using them to sort .22 ammo I'd have to re-zero the things every other cartridge. Wasted money, IMHO.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    uscra fully agree with you. Reseting all the time but worth the paid few dollars for time to time usage.

Boolit Bub
    You can get a postal scale, either 5 or 10 pounds capacity, at your local office supply box store. I have one in 5 pound flavor for brewing and it's 10 plus years old and still going strong. Has a tare function and that would be useful for piece counts. Accurate to .1 oz and converts to grams in a flash, which seems to be more accurate for my purpose. Usually 10-15$.

Boolit Master

The only bullets I weigh anymore are cast boolits when I'm not sure of the alloy of the lead used. Buying a separate scale just for that doesn't make sense for me. I use the scale on my RCBS 1500 setup and see no real reason to buy any other. I also have a Lyman M5 scale if I want to use it. james