Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: teaching brock to reload

It sure is nice to see the young ones at it, good job dad and you as well young man. I am glad to see him standing straight up in the last pic's, the first pic's he was looking a little tired from standing sideways for so long.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Grand Master

Get ahold of some old tomato soup in the cans Makes a great target for kids as they will know for sure when they hit it. At least the first time. Keep him interested ad above all safe. Show him where to find the correct powder charges and how. Have him double check you. Some of my 3 kids best times were helping me to load my match ammo. They did alot for me. All 3 understand the how to what why and above all saftey. A friend used to use my son for an example when we were in his shop. He would hand my son he was around 12 a handgun in front of a customer and the first thing he did was open the action to make sure it wasnt loaded. Got the point across to adults about being safe better than words. Hes going to do good support him and keep him going.

Boolit Man
    I love it! Every boy should know how to make things that go boom. Cherish the father son time. That Lee hand press is on my "must have" list.

Great job I have one ? is that your only press I have a Lee 3 holle turret I dont use and a single stage pm me you my get a surprise

oh yeah soup cans are a staple for us at the range, they dont fly away like a plastic bottle.
    we got a single stage press too

Boolit Bub
    Best way to learn and teach that shooting can be an enjoyable, safe hobby.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KinkBreaker View Post
    oh yeah pretty much up on the use of the tools, at least i am and he's learning. the one deal with the expander was my brainfart.
    the volume with the hand press can be pretty low but i kinda like it for the rifle cartridges. you can feel whats goin on inside the stuff you cant see. the rifle i got only has one hole in it anyways.

pipehand it wont quite all fit in a shoe box but it fits in the boot box no problem.
    The handpress is the tool that taught me to reload well.

And yes the volume is lower but that places a premium on careful shooting which is good for a young man. None of that spray and pray stufff.