Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: How do you ship a mold?

Boolit Master

How do you ship a mold?

O.K. guys simple question of the day. When I go to ship a Lee 1 or 2 cavity mold what's the easiest way to package it for shipping. These things ain't goin' in a small flatrate box. Not with the handles on at least. I could probably pop the wood off the handles and have enough room but could see someone griping about that. They're gonna fall off anyways...right? The 6 cav. molds...not a problem. I can get 5 of them in a small flat rate box. (no handles) If I go to a medium flate rate box the shipping will cost as much as the mold! And I'd have an awful lot of room to fill. I figger it's less likely to get gammahooched if it can't move so I pack em' puddy tight and tape them to the bottom of the box. I even vacume-pack the sprue cutter&mold together (6 cav.) so nothing bangs together. I'm having a dickins of a time finding just the right sized box. Just big enough for a single/double cav. Lee mold and enough room for padding around the box. I haven't checked any of the shipping stores yet.....hate driving into town. Wondered if one of them shipping tubes would be big enough in dia. but don't have one handy. When I ordered molds from Midway they shipped em' in a box big enough to put a crockidile in! Well, no rush...not planning on going into this for a business. Many thanks, Audie...the Oldfart. P.S. tried the search feature and came up with 100+ pages and no answers.

Boolit Master

Yep, pop the handles off then secure em together ,rubber band or zip tye.

Then enuff extra to keep em from floppin the the box.

Steel 1s I usually oil & wrap ,then secure em .

If the handles are glued on then I opt for the FR envelope & bubble wrap ,but the most important thing is to secure em so they are closed & won`t rattle.
    GP100man

Boolit Master
    With the handles on, they will fit in a small flat rate padded envelope, available to order (free) from the USPS web-site.

Boolit Grand Master

I ask the buyer how much they want to pay for shipping and offer the option of taking the handles off. They usually go for it.
    The Post Office does offer many different sizes of boxes and tubes, some free, some not. Might be able to get 2 or 3 uses out of one tube.

Boolit Master
    Many thanks fellers! Audie...the Oldfart..

Boolit Man
    I have shipped a few moulds and the cheapest way is to ship them priority mail usps. End up being around 4 bucks for a 2 cav mould with handles. You can find your own box or order boxes for free on usps.com they ship them to your door for free. This is the box I use.
    https://store.usps.com/store/browse/...bcatMSS_B_Free
    Rubber band the mould blocks together and fill the empty space with crumpled newspaper.