Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lee Press-Mounted Case Trimmer

Moderator Emeritus
    I'd wait a while after its released before considering buying, give the You Tube videos on how to get it to work as advertised a chance to be uploaded.

As always Lee have great ideas but often drop short in their execution, look at their new hand primer.

Interesting how Richard Lee's son is overturning all the old Lee thinking. Cast iron presses, ergo prime, new trimmer no recent record holding claims for their dies either, revamped mould designs.

I hope it works well but I'll wait and see first.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master
    Comments on Dillon: pushing aside its high cost and solid quality, it is noisy and its not set up for all calibers.
    556 or 762 Nato, you are good to go. 7.5 French or 7.5 Swiss, or 303 British: you are out of luck. If there is
    a motorized unit like the Dillon that sets up on a press , allows caliber changes / adjustable to cut all calibers,
    I am unaware of it. Be nice if there was one.

Boolit Master
    I'll get one of these and then motorize it with a rechargable screwdriver, shouldn't be difficult and relatively inexpensive for a trimmer.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
    Comments on Dillon: pushing aside its high cost and solid quality, it is noisy and its not set up for all calibers.
    556 or 762 Nato, you are good to go. 7.5 French or 7.5 Swiss, or 303 British: you are out of luck. If there is
    a motorized unit like the Dillon that sets up on a press , allows caliber changes / adjustable to cut all calibers,
    I am unaware of it. Be nice if there was one.
    http://www.ch4d.com/catalog/dies/trimming/dt

Boolit Mold
    Okay, I have it in hand along witk a Lee ,223 quick trim die. Midway had the deluxe trimmer, FS had the .223 trim die. $14.99 for the trimmer, $8.99 for the die. I haven't tried it yet, maybe tomorrow. I too am gonna try to figure out how to motorize it, was thinking about welding some round stock to it and chucking it up in my bench top drill press over a Lee challenger I have laying around and use the challenger as a dedicated trimming press for multiple claibers. Many of the other trim dies are still not in stock tho.

Boolit Master
    Yup I have one for 308 in my wish list. As soon as they have them I will have one.

http://www.titanreloading.com/quick-trim

Boolit Master
    I didn't see 300BLK listed as an option for the trim dies. I'd like to have that and 223 as those are the two rifles I load the most for. Good concept, I'm gonna wait for a few reviews before jumping in though.

Boolit Mold
    Looking at 2013 & 2012 catalog's an it looks like lee's standard case length gauge and shell holder will work with the new trimmer
    (same part #s), that alone saves $6 each. I load 10 cases so I would save $60, make's the new trimmer worth looking at...

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    I like the Lee Zip-trim, I use it as a retractible leash that I use to walk my dog.
    Play nice

Lee should take it one step further and incorporate a cast bullet hollow pointer into that trimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    now i got the WFT in from Little Crow Gunworks, I got one for my 223 and can do nearly 500 pcs an hour in trimming,
    I realize your post was in December of 2012, but I am just wondering how the WFT is holding up, and how accurate it is.

Thanks

Rick

I have the trimmer and waiting for the die for 45-70 cases. As near as I can tell is the pressure holds the case in place while it cuts. They also give you a plastic piece that fits over the shell holder to catch any thing that drops. It also has a couple of places to set the length you want within SAMMI specs. Oh and I got the deluxe cutter for $16 from FS Reloading just not the die yet.
    Joe

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTC View Post
    Lee should take it one step further and incorporate a cast bullet hollow pointer into that trimmer.
    I bet some of the talented machinists we have here could do that. Buckshot or Pat Marlin maybe??? Interesting idea for sure.

loading almost all straight wall handgun cartridges this wouldn't "excite me" much but I have that pesky 30 carbine Blackhawk and the cases tend to stretch a bit...it's one that needs watching and I have been using the little hand held gizmo from Lee and it's a pain...this trim device for the press looks like a nice thing to just take a bit of the hassle out of the 30 carbine. Hope it shows up soon.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'm wondering when Lee is going to come out with a press mounted lube and size machine. They came out with the Quick Trim so why not.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by joec View Post
    I have the trimmer and waiting for the die for 45-70 cases. As near as I can tell is the pressure holds the case in place while it cuts. They also give you a plastic piece that fits over the shell holder to catch any thing that drops. It also has a couple of places to set the length you want within SAMMI specs. Oh and I got the deluxe cutter for $16 from FS Reloading just not the die yet.
    There is an O ring in the die that keeps the case from spinning as the trimmer rotates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swjZWn8KMLU

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdt View Post
    There is an O ring in the die that keeps the case from spinning as the trimmer rotates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swjZWn8KMLU
    Hopefully, it will work well, but I have a feeling there may be reports of one or more calibers reporting it just spins in the shellholder. I can see the universal lock jaws adapted the the shellholder ram slot to combat this. Just speculation on my part but time will tell.

Take care

r1kk1

Boolit Master

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=yzNTu...%3DyzNTuQuebvs

Here is a YouTube of this as well as a slick bullet puller from Lee. One thing I really like about Lee Equipment is even if it doesn't work well, it was cheap enough that I don't sweat it.