Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: C'mon In Lurkers.

Stopping in to knock the newbie dust off and say hello from Arkansas.

Im very interested in swaging for .451 jacketed projectiles. If your in the northeast corner of AR and dont mind someone looking over your shoulder, please get word to me as id like to watch first hand on how its done.

Thanks everyone who makes this site a great place. Tons of great info here.

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Welcome aboard Elginrunner!
    Visit SnydersJerky.com and use code "boolit" for 10% off!

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Master
    Dusted off my RCBS Pro Melt yesterday and cleaned / serviced one of my Lee 6cavity molds and cast my first 100 plus 125gr. LRN .356 Boolits in 30 years.

When I purchased a SA XP9 Sub Compact I planed on just purchasing ammo but tht was before I priced it and suffered sticker shock. During the past month I have fired a few hundred rounds which I loaded 30 years ago,most 125LRN dut some 135gr. LSWC. I have placed my CH Auto Champ Mk. V a back in service and luckly I still had a few thousand primers and a little power from way back then.

I have been going back thru my stash of 30 plus yarl old reloads cleaning a sorting them as I move close to seven years ago and equipment and rounds plus brass and supplies got rat holed and covered up with other stuff. Seems like if I throw away or sell anything I always wish I had it back so I am a real pack rat. Sadly most of my powder and primers along with thousands of cast sized and lubed 9MM,38/357 and 45 Boolits were stolen from my shop at my old location during my move along with a 1,000 Lbs. or so of prime alloy.
    Last edited by Case Stuffer; 02-20-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

Boolit Buddy
    Newby here, wanting to learn how to cast 45 auto and 9mm bullets for reloading. This is all new to me and the site looks like a wealth of info.
    Located in North Central Okla, hope to find others in my area that might be kind enough to teach me what they know.

Boolit Mold
    Just signed up. L-o-n-g time lurker. I used to cast for handguns 15 years ago. I quit because I just didn't have enough time for everything and had to let some things go. I kept all the equipment though because I knew I'd get back into it someday.

I just got a Lee .308 rifle mold and got out the old casting furnace. After the usual start-up wrinkled bullets, I started casting some nearly perfect bullets...except undersized by about .002". So I'm all over the web looking for solutions, and I've got some things to try. But I figgured I'd register here just to be counted. I'll probably be pretty quiet.

Been lurking/learning for a few years now. This is a great place with a wealth of knowledge Even though I started reloading 30+ years ago, casting lead is a whole new adventure! Thanks all!

I have eased back into reloading, casting and swaging and been lurking here for a while - great site! Hope to learn a lot and dust off the cobwebs here.

Boolit Bub
    Well I joined this site two years ago and today I'm making my first post. I never considered myself a lurker though. I have been too darned busy trying to learn what you fellas are sharing to have time to type. Besides that, every time I think of a question to ask, I find the answer by doing a simple search. I joined several forums but I seem to enjoy hanging out here more than all the others. I really enjoy casting my own boolits. It's almost like getting paid to have fun. I appreciate all the knowledge you fellas are sharing here, thanks.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi, I'm new, Yet quite old

I'm in, yet to cast a boolit and will have a ton of questions !
    The problem we have in our country today is there are more who vote for a living than work for a living !

A wise man's heart is at his right hand, but a fool's heart at his left. Eccl. 10:2

Boolit Bub
    I am new here. Have not cast in 10 years. Trying to catch up and have found a good place to do it.

Boolit Mold
    Ok so I have been lurking for a month after deciding I'm going to start shooting cast bullets. I found the forums very usefull and now I dead set on casting my own. So here I am.

Boolit Mold
    Hello everybody, another Ohio guy here. I've been a handloader for a little over 20 years; mostly handgun but in the last couple years I've loaded a couple thousand .223's.
    With 2 little ones running me ragged I haven't been able to devote the same amount of time to my hobbies as I used to but that's fine with me cause my son just had his first shooting outing with me (and did GREAT) so I can see him being very involved in the future.
    I've never cast my own lead before but I have checked out this site over the years for other info.
    Seems like a very nice, helpful community here.
    I hope I'm able to contribute someday but for now I'm sure I be asking a lot of questions.

Okay, so I have been in and out and lurking for awhile. When I first began looking at cast boolits I was just buying them. While getting good boolits I just wasn't satisfied and ventured into the "Plated Bullet" arena. Believe it or not those plated bullets from Berry's and Rainier work pretty well. Our most recent conditions have pushed me over the edge. It is high time I started casting my own. At present I have my boolit lube and sizing equipment on order, complete with a lube order from "Randyrat". This will be followed by casting equipment and a lead order. This may be backwards but it is what I need to do. I still have some plated stuff to shoot as well as some commercial cast. Some of the commercial cast are not lubed so I'll size and lube them when my LAM II and Lyman size dies arrive. Anyway, I am up and over the edge and looking forward to joining the ranks of "Boolit Casters".

Dan

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAKAL View Post
    Okay, so I have been in and out and lurking for awhile. When I first began looking at cast boolits I was just buying them. While getting good boolits I just wasn't satisfied and ventured into the "Plated Bullet" arena. Believe it or not those plated bullets from Berry's and Rainier work pretty well. Our most recent conditions have pushed me over the edge. It is high time I started casting my own. At present I have my boolit lube and sizing equipment on order, complete with a lube order from "Randyrat". This will be followed by casting equipment and a lead order. This may be backwards but it is what I need to do. I still have some plated stuff to shoot as well as some commercial cast. Some of the commercial cast are not lubed so I'll size and lube them when my LAM II and Lyman size dies arrive. Anyway, I am up and over the edge and looking forward to joining the ranks of "Boolit Casters".

Dan

Hey Dan. You will love it. When I started shooting my Contender pistol the first caliber I casted for was 44 Mag, shortly there after I was casting for every gun I own, even .223 Rem.

Once you get started and are ready to enter the next realm, try some of the recipes on here for making your own lube. I used Lyman's orange lube for a while but it can get pretty expensive if you cast a lot and for a lot of calibers.

Now I'll be casting for another caliber, .40 S&W. Hoorah!!!

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    lurked for a day and then was hooked and signed up... $200 later and now i wait for the brown truck so i can begin casting...

Boolit Buddy
    I just found the forum, I used to shoot lead all the time, but bought it all. Been out of shooting for 20 years, now the bug has hit again. I am wanting to cast bullets for 45-70 first and then 45LC. Not sure what I am going to buy to do it yet, but I am reading all I can on here. Going to a show tomorrow and hope I can find Lymans manual for sale. Going to try and find one of them H&R Buffalo Classics to bring home to experiment with. Thanks for the great forum.

this thread got me to sign up and start doing. i did my first smelt around 30 lbs fluxed and cast 5 diferent size ingots some good some not . i learned a lot and i am looking forward to casting my first boolits.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi, I've always been interested in casting and this is the place to learn. I bought 10 molds at an estate sale and I have 2 electric bottom pour pots. I've cast about 100 perfect bullets so far, don't ask about the total number I casted, I only counted perfect!

Noob here. Should get my delivery soon!