MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm putting my money where my mouth is, will you?

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    In...Need address or account to donate to La Gris Loup.

Banned

Here's what I propose: Since this took off a bit past what I imagined it would, let's establish a cutoff date, say in another few days, and then wait 'till the end of this month for it all to trickle in and be accounted for. If, by the end of the month, Sam and Julie have enough for a two-year membership for each, or two for one and one for the other, however it works out, then let them buy as much membership as they can. Any extra or odd amounts, DONATE to the NRA as an additional. Something tells me the NRA will accept an extra five or ten bucks, and the whole point of being an NRA member is to support the organization's activities financially, no?

So basically let's just get Sam and Julie signed up and let them donate the rest, does that work for everyone here who's pledged $5 to the cause?

How about Friday evening this week being a cutoff point for sending money? We already have plenty for two, one-year memberships plus extra, I haven't tallied it but there might be enough to get them both two-year memberships. I'd like for that to be the goal if there's enough interest, but I'll leave that up to those who have already donated, and any others who may yet wish to contribute as well.

Gear
    Last edited by geargnasher; 01-15-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Boolit Buddy

Gear - That sounds good to me.
    Valley Forge

Boolit Buddy

Gear, count me in on this donation, just need to know where to send the funds...

This may very well be the "Time" for all of us.... Going to a SECOND AMENDMENT FREEDOM RALLEY on Jan 20th, past NRA President John Sigler and current NRA President David Keene will be there as speakers... John and I shot against each other in police matches many years ago..

Boolit Master
    Gear,
    I'm agreeable.

Sam,
    The letter's waiting for the mailman. Coast-to-coast -- about five days.

In Remembrance

I'm in. Sam, PM me the address for PPal.

Boolit Buddy
    I think it would be outstanding if both Sam and Julie ended up with multiple year memberships when all is said and done.

Boolit Master

Gray Wolf is a good guy! Can't wait to see the NRA banner next to his avitar.
    Jon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starreloader View Post
    Gear, count me in on this donation, just need to know where to send the funds...

This may very well be the "Time" for all of us.... Going to a SECOND AMENDMENT FREEDOM RALLEY on Jan 20th, past NRA President John Sigler and current NRA President David Keene will be there as speakers... John and I shot against each other in police matches many years ago..
    PM Gray Wolf for his mailing addy...

Gear

Boolit Master

Here's what I propose: Since this took off a bit past what I imagined it would, let's establish a cutoff date, say in another few days, and then wait 'till the end of this month for it all to trickle in and be accounted for. If, by the end of the month, Sam and Julie have enough for a two-year membership for each, or two for one and one for the other, however it works out, then let them buy as much membership as they can. Any extra or odd amounts, DONATE to the NRA as an additional. Something tells me the NRA will accept an extra five or ten bucks, and the whole point of being an NRA member is to support the organization's activities financially, no?

So basically let's just get Sam and Julie signed up and let them donate the rest, does that work for everyone here who's pledged $5 to the cause?

How about Friday evening this week being a cutoff point for sending money? We already have plenty for two, one-year memberships plus extra, I haven't tallied it but there might be enough to get them both two-year memberships. I'd like for that to be the goal if there's enough interest, but I'll leave that up to those who have already donated, and any others who may yet wish to contribute as well.

Gear

That is just fine with us--just fine. We will get at least a 2 year membership, and any other money for the NRA will go back to the NRA. I do have a request Would it be OK if I used a little of the money to get NRA material that I can use as study material, I can use it to teach people at the range and perhaps as hand outs for kids and other new shooters, I think there will be a lot of them this summer at my range. It seems there are many new folks coming to the shooting sports, and I have seen a lot that really need the help.
    Sometimes when I try to help people they look at me like ( who the heck are you ? )
    But if I could hand them something I think it would help.
    Do you guys think this is acceptable ? the money goes to the NRA no matter what anyway.
    Please let me know.

Sam
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Grand Master

Fine by me Sam.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Banned

Works for me, and thank you Sam for promoting the shooting sports. I feel that learning to be a competent and safe firearm owner is not only an American privilege, but a responsibility as a citizen. They ought to teach at least air rifle shooting as a class in high school, right along with typing and English, those life skills everyone will need at some point.

Gear

Boolit Buddy

I'm all for it. Good Idea!
    Valley Forge

Boolit Master
    That's an excellent idea, Sam.

Boolit Master

Right on Sam.

Boolit Master

Men I am going to do this or bust, it may be my last Rodeo but I am going to get on the biggest
    meanest bronc and ride him till he trots.
    I thank you for the support and I ain't gonna let no one down, I never learned how to do that.

Sam--in the mountains of Maine

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

Boolit Master

OK, I contacted the NRA two times so far and this is what I found out.
    No problem to join, but they do not have any material that can be handed out to new shooters
    in the form of a free handout. Also in order for me to be a certified pistol instructor I have to take a two day course given by one of there instructors, the cost could be as much as $150 to 200$$
    There are none of these folks within a reasonable distance from me. There are two that are about a 200 mile round trip, it's a two day gig and at this point it will be impossible to do.
    So I guess I will continue to offer help to folks on my dime and do what I can for the kids
    that show up with parents at the range. I have been doing this anyway, and have helped many a new and old shooter, I guess that's the point of the whole thing anyway--right ?--
    I don't care when a person that really shows an interest shoots up some of my ammo,
    hey they have been doing it for a while now anyway. It's important to me they learn safety and
    can have a chance to see improvements in there shooting. If they want to know about casting bullets -- well that's a plus.
    So we will probly submit the applications on or about Monday, Someone has offered to help us do this and to join GOA also. That will be separate from the NRA membership cause it was not discussed as a group when we started this.