WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Wizard or Handi?

Boolit Master

Wizard or Handi?

Which is a better deal?
    Rossi Wizard or the H&R Handi?

I can't decide between the 2 and have no interest in the TCs.

well i have a aac handi in really like it for the price

Boolit Master

Wizard or Handi?

Maybe join the Graybeard Forum and check out their H&R section. Handis certainly have a large following. I have half a dozen and love them all, from the .223 to the 45-70 Buffalo Classic.

Boolit Bub
    i have the H&R Handi Rifle in 45-70, its SUPER accurate at 100 yards, im talking 1" groups with 400+gr bullets. i was gonna get the rossi lever action but i saved a couple hundred dollars by getting the single shot, glad i did, if a 400gr bullet wont stop what i shoot i didnt need to be shootin at it anyway lol.

i love this Handi Rifle.
    Don't doubt my abilities and/or knowledge, or I may surprise you!!!

Boolit Master
    Well I am leaning harder to the H&Rs more than ever.
    I can't seem to find anyone that owns a Wizard, I always liked H&Rs anywho but the Handi sounds like it has better/easier barrel interchangeability like a TC without the overpricetag.

Edit: After getting off my duff and doing a search I am going with the Handi after reading this.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t=Wizard+rifle

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by DCM; 01-15-2013 at 10:45 PM.

In Remembrance

The H&R Handi-Rifle is made in the US. If you have a problem with it they will fix it. The Rossi is made in Brazil. If you have a problem with it they "might" fix it or you may be on your own trying to get a gunsmith to work on something most feel is beneath their dignity. I have a couple of Handis and they are pretty good for the price. Extra barrels make it pretty versatile.

Boolit Master
    Haven't handled a Rossi. But I own a Handi-Rifle and two shotguns. Only reason I don't own more is I just haven't needed one. They do what they're intended to do.

Graybeard's is the place for the most detailed Handi dope.
    Paul

I was considering a Rossi, but when I finally found them in stock, they were quite chinsey feeling and the little safety was like a piece of tin. Not one I have held was even tightly assembled and the stocks are usually loose. I turned to H&R and got a .45-70 BC, then a .45 LC CLassic carbine and now I have a 9 barrel switch system w/ 32" .45-70, 22" .45-70, 22" superlight 30-30, 16" heavy barrel .357, 24" heavy barrel .223, 22" superlite .223, 24" 12 ga. with screw in chokes, .58 cal muzzle loader and a .410. I can pretty much pack one case and hunt anything in N. America.

Boolit Master
    I have a Buffalo Classic and it's a dandy rifle. Shoots great and does it pretty cheaply.

I have an old Rossi "youth" in .243 as a truck gun and it's also pretty darn accurate.

I'm happy with both and would purchase either again, although I think from the ones I've handled the H&Rs might be a little nicer, and certainly have a larger aftermarket following.

Boolit Buddy
    Ive got 2 handi's a .223, 30-06 and no rossi's. I feel the handi's are better made. My 2 cents Rick!!

Boolit Mold
    I have the rossi wizard and it's a good riflle for the money. I have barrels in 223, 22-250, 243, 7mm-08, and 308. Looking for a 38/357 barrel.
    It's nice to see them use .308 family and the 30/06 family, 30-06, 270 and more on the way..