RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie - Shooter

Boolit Master
    Watched again also....I agree with Doc65.... "those boys on the grassy knoll were dead & buried out side teralinqua..." " you know this for a fact?" "... still got the shovel..." is the best line of the movie....second best is someones signiture line here or over at Accurate Shooter...something like..."I'm just a peckerwood who likes in the mountains with too many guns"....
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I just finished watching the movie " Shooter " on TNT tonight. I'll go 4.5 stars on this one.

If you've ever believed you can trust your govt. and you want to keep it that way, don't watch the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0822854/

Ben
    Another good one is Enemy of the State!
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces an Eights View Post
    What stunning scenery and a great story too.
    For some reason when I pause the Barrett parts, the bullets and muzzle look smaller than a .50 cal?
    It is a 408 Cheytac system, not a Barrett.

I keep that one in the Netflix queue.
    http://armedliberalinmo.blogspot.com/
    NRA Certified Trainer
    Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Partner, Olsen Training Group

Quote Originally Posted by Missoulaz28 View Post
    It is a 408 Cheytac system, not a Barrett.
    Thanks for that, I'll get some Google wisdom on Cheytacs.

I think of the scene where the Fed is at the internet cafe, everytime I log on here. : - )

Boolit Master

The book is called "Point of Impact", and has a blood red cover.

Boolit Master
    The only problem I had with the movie is when their standing on an overpass in Montana and the FBI agent asks if they were in a gunfight in virginia last night. These guys drive faster than I do!
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

The only problem I had with the movie is when theyre standing on an overpass in Montana and the FBI agent is wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt....? I havent figured that one out.

Correction: I watched it again this weekend and you see the Che t-shirt when they are in Tennesse

az-jim
    Last edited by AZ-JIM; 01-14-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Buddy
    It's on Netflix in case anyone wants to see it.

Moderator Emeritus

His latest paperback had me rolling in stitches. Soft Target is about a hostage take over of a large mall near Minneapolis on black Friday. The cheif of police is named Obobo and specializes in saying things that sound great but have no depth or meaning. Warning story line revealed next ..............

He fails when he needs to lead.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

It's a good movie, watch it again from time to time.... the scenery is breathtaking at times....
    May we achieve our aims....

The books are way better than the movie. Bob Lee Swagger is a great. I think I have read or listened to most of Stephen Hunters books. Between Nelson Demille, Stephen Hunter and Vince Flynn they keep me moving down the hi-way. I am a truck driver and listen to most while driving.

Gliden is right.

"Enemy of the State" is a must watch. I you aint seen it, WATCH IT.

Boolit Master
    Love the movie, much more accurate than alot of Hollywood's usual garbage. And Hunter has always been outspoken about our gun rights and been featured in the American Rifleman a couple times. Ya just can't beat Bob Lee Swagger and who better to play him than Mark!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post
    Ya just can't beat Bob Lee Swagger and who better to play him than Mark!
    How about someone pro gun in that role. I borrowed this from a guns and ammo article. BTW, I enjoyed the movie.

The ex-leader of the Funky Bunch, Marky Mark had some pretty strong words for Charlton Heston. At the 2000 MTV Movie Awards, Wahlberg suggested on stage that the “Best Villain” award be given to Heston: “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.” But his anti-gun attitude didn’t stop there. “Well, I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can’t do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can’t protect themselves,” he said in an April 26, 2007, edition of the Herald Sun. “Certainly, I haven’t used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I’d like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/02/2...#ixzz2I7g2Xrvy

Boolit Buddy

It is a great movie and one that I can watch over and over again. When I do, I always notice something that I missed the previous times I watched it.

Boolit Grand Master

Bought the Shooter DVD with extra footage disk, and enjoyed it tremendously. Sadly there was too much truth in the politics shown. Great action pretty true to life. Will watch it over and over.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lead-1 View Post
    How about someone pro gun in that role. I borrowed this from a guns and ammo article. BTW, I enjoyed the movie.

The ex-leader of the Funky Bunch, Marky Mark had some pretty strong words for Charlton Heston. At the 2000 MTV Movie Awards, Wahlberg suggested on stage that the “Best Villain” award be given to Heston: “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.” But his anti-gun attitude didn’t stop there. “Well, I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can’t do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can’t protect themselves,” he said in an April 26, 2007, edition of the Herald Sun. “Certainly, I haven’t used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I’d like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/02/2...#ixzz2I7g2Xrvy
    WOW. I did not see that one coming, i am shocked Hunter would let someone so outspoken about gun control in his movie. That's the end of me watching Mark Wahlberg movies then he just made it on my short list! Thanks for sharing the info, i guess you never can tell about some people, especially Hollyweird.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nhrifle View Post
    Good movie, they did alot of real research for production. You will notice some actual sniper techniques at various times. My favorite scee is in the beginning when he shoots the soup can. Flawless prone position, and had all the equipment with the Cheytac, only problem I had with that shot was the dog wouldn't have just sat by while that round went off. BIIIIIIIGGGG muzzle blast!

The dog was probably deaf already! Shows the value of ear protection. LOL
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment