Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's with the Zombie stuff?

What's with the Zombie stuff?

All this zombie stuff is getting out of hand. Personally I think it makes gun owners look like a bunch of idiots.............

Oh I don't think you can give the idiot label exclusively to gun owners. Lots of folk are buying into the clever marketing. Personally I think the entire thing is a load of tripe. A fool and his money........
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master
    I don't understand decorating cars either but if people want to decorate their guns with zombie stuff , fine by me

you can only sell so many john Wayne commemorative guns , after a while the new generation of gun buyers barely remember westerns , they follow zombie flicks , so they by zombie stuff

I never really understood the commemorative guns for this and that either , but what ever people want to spend their money on is fine with me.

Boolit Buddy
    my 15 year old step-son loves it! As long as he understands he is just doing it for looks(and sometimes times to the detriment of function) I figure i've done my job. My simple rule is I won't spend money for something that decreases funtion, no matter how cool it works. So, he doesn't have a tacki-cool drop in front handguard for his custom zombie lower. If he wants a green free float tube, sure, I'll get it for him for his birthday since that would increase function. But if he wants one of those hard to hold, expensive, "cool looking" handgaurds, then he has to buy it himself!

heck- if it gets more people into our sport its a good thing, right?

Boolit Master

Heck I gave my son a new P-mag and a box .223 Zombie-Max ammo for his birthday and he's 34!

The only thing I felt silly about was paying over twenty bucks for a box of 20 factory rounds and it occurred to me later that except for RF ammo I have not payed for factory loaded ammo in nearly 40 years, it was a bit cheaper back then!

Re: What's with the Zombie stuff?

It all comes from the new zombie movies in the past years.

Boolit Buddy
    Or seeing to many reality tv shows.
    I keep trying to stay afloat but can't help from shooting holes in my own boat.

Boolit Buddy
    The Zombie slide cover plates on my Glocks put a giggle in my heart.

Have fun with this stuff.

Big Dale

Boolit Master
    The term zombie is by far the best metaphor to come along in a very longtime.
    Think, no one finds the idea of revolution, shooting government officials, shooting riotous citizens or any number of other scenarios, a palatable discussion topic. It's not socially acceptable and under the right circumstances could land you in very hot water.

NO ONE on the other hand has a problem with killing zombies. I'd say even the filthy ACLU would turn a blind eye to cleansing the streets of the undead.

SO! What we have is an extremely effective euphemism.

It's generally accepted amongst survivalists that if one can survive a zombie apocalypse, one can survive anything. So, being prepared for a zombie apocalypse prepares one for anything.

Banned

Have fun with it or let others alone to have their fun with it.

Gear

Boolit Master

hey i love it when my 13 year old son wants to shoot ZOMBIES Attachment 57426
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Now, now, it's just those young kids under 50 having fun. Remember when you were young!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

It seems like a passing fad.
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    hey i love it when my 13 year old son wants to shoot ZOMBIES Attachment 57426
    Holy macaroni. I have got to find a CAD file for those steel zombie targets. We have a new laser cutter going into the showroom right now, and just found what I am cutting on it. Those things are hilarious.
    Yeah, the whole zombie thing is in good fun I think. If it gets people off of their bums and out side playing, sure why not. And frankly, if Hornady and the others are sharp enough to put green plastic on the tips of the bullets and sell them as zombie ammo, good on them.

In Remembrance
    Personally I thought it was stoopid, until the guberment started training folks how to kill them.

Boolit Master

This is the thing of the next generation. I gave my grandson an AR15/M4 for Christmas (which his mother had much grief with). He's 19, O WELL. Anyway, I added eye candy--carry handle, 4 rail front handguard, 30 mm red dot, front sight. Took it out on 12/26 and shot it. Lots of fun! What the next generation is looking for! All I can say, is that we got them interested and heading in the right direction. Get 'em to the range and shooting, then get 'em to the reloading bench. I was always told--"remember those who will come after you."
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Love Life
    Those steel targets are super cool.

Re: What's with the Zombie stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Now, now, it's just those young kids under 50 having fun. Remember when you were young!
    Yep, watch fpsrussia on you tube, he's always killing zombies with his toys.

The Zombie threat must be real or the CDC wouldn't have a page dedicated to Zombie preparedness.

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmat...ie-apocalypse/

Boolit Grand Master
    Zombies are today what the commies were to older generations. Every generation needs an enemy, zombies are the current generations big threat.

I see no harm in it at all. Companies making money, people buying stuff. Where is the negative?