RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: Can any one identify this revolver?

Boolit Bub

Can any one identify this revolver?

So my father in law gave me this old revolver and didn't have much to tell me about it other than it was handed down to him. He asked me to try and figure out what is it and to see if it is in good enough condition to shoot. So in going to take it to a good gun smith in my area and have him go over it, but I want to give my father in law some info on it. At least a time frame an make/model. There is no modern serial number any where that I can find, only makers marks that with my preliminary research seam to be Belgian and old. Below is a link with pictures. You can see the makers marks and how small it is. Thanks for the help guys. Merry Christmas!!

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/2597088...7632182420077/

Boolit Buddy
    Link didn't work for me.....

Geoff in Oregon

Same here......
    Semper Fi

Boolit Buddy

The link worked for me. I think you will find it is a 4mm lilliput if I remember it's name correctly. I seem to remember them being sold in the 50's and if I remember correctly they were blank pistols. semper fi also. John

Boolit Bub
    This one is rifled. We're blank pistols rifled?

Boolit Master

It is certainly Belgian and has the R proof for rifled barrel. It will probably not be possible to identify the maker as there were a multitude of gun makers in Belgium. I would say circa 1910-1920. Worth about nothing in the condition it is. Fairly common "type" mimics the British bulldog revolvers. Your photos are so small as to be nearly worthless. It is not a blank firing revolver.

This is a huge website.

http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge...belge%20gb.htm

August Francotte was one of the better known gunmakers in Liege. His maker mark is a AF stamp.

http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge...olver%20gb.htm

I would not advise you spend $$$ trying to make this gun fire.

Dutch

Boolit Master

With Flikr, you have to click on the photo to get the option of larger sizes; the full size are plenty large enough. No, I don't know anything about early 20th century Belgian revolvers, except that they apparently came in a bewildering range of chamberings including a few we wouldn't normally expect to find in revolvers (like .25 ACP) and some that haven't been made since the 1930s (like the above referenced 4 mm Lilliput -- which, I might add, seems like not quite enough gun for a rat).

Boolit Bub
    Great info Dutchman. Great website also. Thanks for help! My father in law really wants me to try and get this thing to a condition where it can be fired. I might bring it to a smith and see what he thinks. I could load up some light loads for him to shoot just to please him, assuming I can find brass and projectiles for it hahaha.