Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sign of things to come to a town near you

Boolit Buddy

A sign of things to come to a town near you

Check out this bit of news about Brownells magazine sales recently

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...nes-just-three

Evidently they sold three years worth of AR Mags in three days...

if you haven't already stocked up, you might as well go buy another thurdy thurdy
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.

In Remembrance
    I happen to like them thutty thuttys.

I've got a couple original 20 round Colt mags, really don't need any more but I think I may pick a few up just because!! People are doing this because they know whats coming down the road sad to say. O'bummer is gonna slam this thru as fast as he can, strike while the Iron is hot!! And use the Media to push his agenda!! Most non gun owners would view everyone rushing out buying these mags and weapons as being "PARANOID". They just don't understand the implications of new Anti Gun Laws.
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

In Remembrance
    I suspect a lot of people are buying them to resell, if a ban comes they will stand to make a buck, if it doesn't they just may have to eat them by the boxfulls.

Boolit Master
    Depending on how the ban is written they may not be able to sell them. In Calif if you owned them before the ban they are ok, but if bought after you are out of luck.
    jim

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

They are going to seriously try for no Grandfathering. They and the guns will simply be illegal, turn them in or become a felon. Don't think they could ever get that passed or the courts would overturn it?....how did that Healthcare thing work out for you?

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter93 View Post
    They are going to seriously try for no Grandfathering. They and the guns will simply be illegal, turn them in or become a felon. Don't think they could ever get that passed or the courts would overturn it?....how did that Healthcare thing work out for you?
    That's pretty much how I look at it. It is known Obummer has been waiting for his chance to get more gun legislation, and we've all seen how he works, and gets what he wants.

Boolit Master

A local sporting good store sold 54 AR's (all they had) in less than 4 hrs. last Monday. They sold more guns this week than in the past 3 months! They say that ammo sales have been high, but nothing like the gun sales. Seems kinda' odd that ammo is not selling as fast as guns. You may be right on the resale theory. The mall ninjas will buy them later at any price.

I've already had mine for years and plenty of ammo, so let 'em stock up now, I don't care. I saw this coming and stocked up long ago!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by koehn,jim View Post
    Depending on how the ban is written they may not be able to sell them. In Calif if you owned them before the ban they are ok, but if bought after you are out of luck.
    How they gonna know?? Other than manufacturer date. I mean I know of lots of percieved illegal mags that have wound up in cali since then.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I just had a forehead slapper moment. What is the "AR Stimulus" going to do to the economy? You Know DA Who is fixing to have improved numbers that will not only *not* reflect the reason, but will appear to represent an upswing in confidence in the sock monkey. Ha, what are you gonna do?
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

In Remembrance
    Lot's of stuff sliding by without much, oversight while all eyes are on this. Hillarious has a headache and can't testify, now after 2 months of just being too busy. Fast and furious is all but out of the news, even an agents personal gun turning up in MEXICO at a crime scene didn't revive it. What scares me is what we haven't even heard about.

Banned
    I'm reasonably stocked. There's always room for more. I'm just tryin' to stock up enough for some of my grandkids. They may be screwed when they reach the age to purchase something. I just need more primers and powder.

Boolit Master

I have a sinking feeling that if a high capacity magazine ban is passed,this time there will be language in it similiar to the machinegun act which gives you a certain amount of time to turn them in and after that it will be a felony, or they will tag them as a health hazard and make them illegal to either own or sell (except for police or military) banning them ouright. I hope I'm wrong but there are a lot of pro gun members of congress right now squirming and trying to figure out a way to vote for a ban on magazines and weapons and still stay in office. We need to let them know that a vote for this means no support from us, period.

Banned

I don't think any of it will pass. Dems control one house, Rep. control the other. I just don't think the Rep. will let any of this pass. They know what happened last time. And so does the Dems. They are not going to risk their jobs to pass something that they know is not right. And if it doesn't, there is going to be a lot of mad people.

They are going to have to wait till the mid term elections are over if they can't get it passed now. So that is when I think we are going to be in the worst danger.

Boolit Master

I hope you are right, I have been listening to and watching all the news I can and I'm seeing an awful lot of caving being done by the Reubs.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I don't think any of it will pass. Dems control one house, Rep. control the other. I just don't think the Rep. will let any of this pass. They know what happened last time. And so does the Dems. They are not going to risk their jobs to pass something that they know is not right. And if it doesn't, there is going to be a lot of mad people.

They are going to have to wait till the mid term elections are over if they can't get it passed now. So that is when I think we are going to be in the worst danger.
    Wishful thinking on your part. Republicans are cowards. They'll give up their souls to be loved by the media and stay in power. Nice to see how they're willing to raise taxes..........
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

ADMIN

Re: A sign of things to come to a town near you

they can't ban them outright.
    what they will push thru is a beefed up version of the 1994 AW ban.
    Existing guns grandfathered, same with mags. The American people will not stand for a total ban.

Hell i don't even know if i own any 10 rd mags for my Ar or ak !!
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post

You are exactly right. There will be no new laws or bans passed by this Congress. Our greatest worry will be things done by executive order and by the feds using existing law to expand their power by misapplying them. The rest of it, the media circus and the furious speechifying on both sides is just political theater. This is a red meat issue on both sides and much more likely to generate large sums on money to their fund raising efforts. It also makes a nice distraction from the fact that congress is such a dysfunctional institution that they can’t do the job they were elected to do. So rather than worry about the non threat from congress on guns, keep your eye on the DOJ where the real threat is likely to come from. As to congress a pox on both of the parties. I don’t like idealists of either stripe and wish that the American people would wake up and realize that the party system in this country has been hijacked by big money interests that don’t care about the welfare of the American people. End of rant.

Merry Christmas to everyone of you.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Weddle View Post
    Our fellow Americans in law enforcement would have to enforce these ban laws, that's not going to happen. So what's the worry?
    One word.

Auschwitz

A great number of people will follow orders regardless of what those orders are. They will rationalize why it is ok for them to follow orders to do things they would never have done on their own. Just have a look at the Stanford Prison Experiment

http://www.prisonexp.org/epilogue.htm

LEO's and military personnel will mostly follow orders, even ones that are illegal, as they have been trained to follow orders. Naturally there will be some exceptions but I would imagine any LEO or military member that refuses to stack up and enter some "Domestic Terrorists" residence, business, or other property to seize subversive literature, (Bill of Rights, Constitution, or anything written by James Wesley Rawles), arsenals of illegal assault weapons, caches of ammunition, hoards of food, water, or motor vehicle fuel, will be promptly dealt with.

Just wait until they see the stacks of lead ingots capable of producing thousands of bullets...