RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustration...lack of concentricity

Boolit Master
    This is the very reason I only use Lee sizers. I'm just too cheap (lacking funds) to buy a lubrisizer machine. I don't load thousands of rounds at a time and my Lee sizers do a really good job. Sometimes simple is better, you know KISS.

As long as the base is good I don't worry about how the boolit looks. They still shoot without any leading. If I were a high volume shooter, I'd probably have to save for a lubrisizer. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Calpoly93 View Post
    That seems to be the wasy to do it - Lee sizer, then the RCBS Lubrisizer... Here is what the Lee sizer die does...
    Excellent! Glad you got it worked out. You might consider trying a little dry Teflon spray lube, or even a little soap to help them through the Lee sizer.

Gear

I would use WD40 before teflon or soap - rusting is a problem.

Boolit Mold
    Hi Fellow Reloaders
    I'm from South Africa and would like to get my hands on some Bull Plate Lube. I got 3 small vials with molds that I ordered from NOE. Pls help

Boolit Bub
    They look over sized if bullet diameter is excessive for the lube die diameter. I used .451 and now .452 and .453. Shoot them with lightest load will cycle 1911 action, about 3.5 gr Bullseye, assuming 1911. Clean bore often until you get a cleaner old. I have 5 recoil springs from 18# down, lightest is for Colt 22RF conversion.

Banned
    Its just amazing that those experiencing sizing problems tend to hold on to their anequated sizing equipment and then whine that they don't have the money to buy a good sizer. I started out years ago with an 450 sizer and even when new it did a questionable job. I absolutely hated sizing bullets because the cycle of putting it in the die taking it to the bottom of the stroke and then bringing the bullet back to the top of the die to remove it simply wasn't effective in terms of time and quality of the finished product. Sizing base first requires the bullet to be flat in order to maintain proper alignment and what I have seen in the pictures seems to indicate the bullet isn't properly aligned.

My suggestion is this....cut down on the beer or hard stuff and stuff away $20 a week toward the new Magma or Ballisti-cast sizer and you will have something that will properly size your bullets nose down and cut your sizing time to a minimum. A Ballisti-cast sizer WILL size bullets that are .005 oversize without ANY problems.

I have both Ballisti-cast and Magma sizers and after I got over the sticker shock have not looked back.

Boolit Bub
    Can't spell. "old" should have been "bore." I started out not sizing, pan lubing, then with a Lyman 45, then RCBS, Lyman 450 and now Star, nose first but did the same for a short time nose first with the others, ended up with taper dies to seat gas checks and chamber fitting, then base first to lube in one of the first 3, don't have Star set up yet, waiting on opening the dies to fit my guns.

The Lee system with LLA diluted is slower for drying times but is my recommendation for new guys and I ought to have one. In 52 years I collected, rather accumulated a lot of equipment, most unused, too much catalog looking.

Roll your boolits on a case lube pad before running them thru the Lee. Otherwise you can lead the sizer die.