Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Classic Turret

Boolit Mold
    I've downloaded Ranch Dog's VMD calculator and will try using that. I've made my adjustments to the dies but haven't had a chance to load anything. I'm interested to see how the safety prime works.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by nsdread07 View Post
    I'm interested to see how the safety prime works.
    If its like mine it's an exercise in frustration. I still use it as priming off the press defeats some of the advantages of the turret. But dropped primers get annoying after awhile. I've gotten to the point at times where I start putting the primers in the cup by hand. Tried all the tricks and it's set up right. It's a design that needs to be improved upon.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    If its like mine it's an exercise in frustration. I still use it as priming off the press defeats some of the advantages of the turret. But dropped primers get annoying after awhile. I've gotten to the point at times where I start putting the primers in the cup by hand. Tried all the tricks and it's set up right. It's a design that needs to be improved upon.
    Here's how I run mine.

http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithag...sicturret.html

Part 3 goes into some specifics regarding the Safety Prime. There's a little bit of a trick to it, but once you get it, it works.
    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    .38 Spl, .357 Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, .45 Colt, and .22LR
    A true Liberal must by definition support the entire Constitution, and thus also the 2A, 100%. Any other position is inconsistent with liberalism.

Boolit Grand Master

I watched all your videos and it got me up and going quickly. Thank you for making them. No matter what I do it won't drop them consistently no matter what position the ram is in. It works better if I back it off slightly, like in the video. I just take my time and try to drop one in the cup every time. If it doesn't then no big deal. As long as they don't end up sideways, happened once, I'm good.

My safety prime was giving me similar problems and it is frustrating. My sizing die was screwed down a little bit too far. It was not much, but just enough to keep the primers from being consistently placed in the cup. Ram must be completely to the top of the stroke for everything to line up. When it lines up right, this priming system works really well

Boolit Mold
    Cowboy T, I also watched your videos and found them very helpful, especially the ones on the Pro auto disk. Many thanks

Good Choice, I started with a RCBS Rock Chucker....

If I were starting again I would start with this setup.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdread07 View Post
    So I broke down and bought the LCT from Titan Reloading, and thanks to them for the quick delivery, with the primer arms and the Pro auto disk measure. I also purchased the bench plate and some dies in 44 mag. Set up was easy despite the instructions that Lee provides. The only thing is that the powder measure came without the chart for the disks. I downloaded the chart from Lee's site but the print is so small you can barely read it. I did email Titan and asked for the instructions. Now all I need to do is some adjusting and I'll be making some rounds.

If you have the Lee reloading manual , use the data in it . If you bought Lee dies , you should have gotten a sheet with the dies with some loading data ?

The disks are calibrated in cc's = cubic centimeters . Not grains . Different powders will drop different weights from a specific size hole .

God bless
    Wyr

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post

The trick with the safety prime on the cast iron turret press is to use the black plastic spacer that came with mine , to raise the bracket that holds the safety prime .

Then adjust your sizing die up or down , to allow the shell holder to be at the right " height " . This puts the " proper lever / rocker " at the right height to receive the primer from the safety prime .

Works like a champ .

God bless
    Wyr