WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found new cheap way to money transfer!

Boolit Mold
    I personally find that PayPal offers a valuable service to both buyers and sellers, and as such, I really don't mind paying the fee for their services. I have the PayPal Debit Card and it's really convenient to sell an item and be able to access the funds immediately.

Just my .02 cents . . . .

Boolit Bub
    Fred,

I agree. If they provide the service. they deserve to get paid for it. "Gifting" for a purchase is CHEATING them what they have due.

If a seller/buyer will cheat PayPal, what reassurance do I have that they won't cheat me too?

Plus, PayPal has intervened on my behalf when a seller didn't come through.

My 2 cents.

little willie
    little willie, NRA Benefactor Member

Banned

That was my point willie, I will offer it over paypal...

For me it makes sense and gets me away from supporting that gun hating, liberal company!

Boolit Master

What makes you think Wal-Mart and especially Amex aren't gun hating companies? I figure every time I use PP to pay for gun related items I am sticking it to them in my own small way.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by little willie View Post
    I agree. If they provide the service. they deserve to get paid for it. "Gifting" for a purchase is CHEATING them what they have due.
    I have had this argument with a few others here. CHEATING is a strong word when you are using a service they provide for free in a "Personal" transaction option.

A business selling a product is making a profit, and when doing so, Paypal asks for a small bite of it...and that is fine.

When you go to a garage sale and swap some cash for an item, it is not a purchase from a business, it is a "Personal" transaction.

Some of the subsections of "Personal" transactions include: Gift, Money owed, Other. Why would they offer these, if not for a garage sale type transaction.

If most of us that are using Paypal gift in the sellin' and swappin forum are CHEATING, I think Paypal would crack down on it sooner or later.

That's my 2˘
    Jon
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 11-08-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typo
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Bub
    My opinion. A GIFT is something given without expectation of payment or reimbursement, as in a birthday gift, anniversary gift or graduation gift.

I'm not familiar with their other selections because I don't use them.

A product for sale, either by a business or private party, in my opinion is not a gift.

As far as "If most of us that are using Paypal gift in the sellin' and swappin forum are CHEATING, I think Paypal would crack down on it sooner or later.", that is such a minute part of their overall transactions, they wouldn't even know if the entire sellin' & swapin' forum disappeared.

Obviously, we are of different opinions.

little willie
    little willie, NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by little willie View Post
    Fred,
    I agree. If they provide the service. they deserve to get paid for it. "Gifting" for a purchase is CHEATING them what they have due
    little willie
    ??? Then why do they offer the service? And you don't have to click "Gift" (I don't). Click "Money Owed" if it makes you feel better.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    If I had an auto accident and the body shop offered to fix something they knew was not a part of the accident being claimed and charge the insurance company, is that cheating?

My morality says that if they will lie to the insurance company, they will lie to me.

A gift is a gift, not a means to avoid a business fee that you agreed to ahead of time.

My opinion - my conscience - my soul talking. You live your life and I will live mine.

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.